Classic Engine Tech 1967 - 1981 Engine Related

little fun in the driveway

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 07:26 PM

little fun in the driveway

as some may already know i have been building a 67 for the past 2 years. I have never taken it out on the street or even the driveway besides cleaning or workin on it. So when the parents go out, the fun begun....

I started her up and pulled her out. I finally got her running decent enough to test drive her a little bit. I let her warm up, whent up and down the driveway a few times (long driveway), and so on...

then it came time to open her up....i was not impressed at all. I have been in cobra's and clown z06 vettes and i felt like i was in a bolt on GT mustang.
i whent back to the garage very pissed. After all my time and effort this was it. I almost put another hole in the garage wall i was so furious.

After serching and serching i found a minor problem

It ends up that the linakge to the carb was only allowing the throttle to go 1/4 to 1/2 of the way!!!! (opps)

so after a few minutes of tinkering and getting it to go to WOT i took it out agian

once again it warmed up, and i wasnt expecting a major diff comapred to before but i was wrong

i got to half throttle and the back end broke loose (street tires, not my M/T's, only 245) and every time it shifted they broke a little

now im rdy for some fun and i only had an hour b4 the parents got back

i pinned the trottle and held on. I am almost positive that i can take my friends cobra now!!

i turned around and whent back to the house and said to myself "u dumb shyt, u cant cover those marks up!!!"

I put it away, put the cover on, locked the garage door, and whent inside. Then the parents arrived and instead of fliping out for driving it w/o insurance or even a lisence (16yrs old, never left my property so nothing illegal) my dad simply asked "so those are ur marks or ur ur friends cobra?"

he knew it was the camaro but i said cobra bc my mom was there

once she left to go inside my dad took a screwdriver and said take the plates off the truck and put them on the camaro

we both laughed and whent inside

Old 11-12-2005, 07:28 PM

Re: little fun in the driveway

OPPS put this in the wrong section
moderators can move it if they want

sorry