FS: 1987 Buick Grand National: Fast, clean

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 05:09 PM

FS: 1987 Buick Grand National: Fast, clean

This is a 1987 Buick Grand National. 3.8 Liter V6 turbocharged. Yes, it is a real Grand National. Heavily optioned, Power seat, power mirrors, Rare Astro-Roof (power moonroof). Stock concert sound stereo with aftermarket CD changer. I am the second owner, I bought it from an older gentleman who bought it new. I have many documents from the purchase of this car, including a sale sheet which shows the price and delivery date. The car is very clean, but is a driver rather than a show car. Original paint shows wear from miles, and the paint wasnt perfect even out of the factory on these cars. It has 128k miles. Very reliable, no leaks, runs 100 %. I have driven this car to Florida and back with no problems and about 24 mpg. It is lightly and tastefully modded, the car should run a mid to high 12 second quarter mile, I have never been to the track with it so that is my guess. It is set up at about 21 lbs of boost right now (no knock), and can be turned up a little more if desired, or if you add a bigger turbo. It has an alcohol injection kit and runs on 93 octane pump gas. Boost can be dialed from 12 lbs to 21 lbs via an in-car boost controller.
This car also has an Alpine alarm with remote windows (windows also roll up on activation of alarm) and remote trunk. In addition it has a chip which must be inserted to activate the fuel pump (car will not run without this key).
I have TurboLink scan tool software which may come with the car, allowing you to scan and monitor all engine parameters, which is necessary to tune the car. Laptop also may be available, buyer can decide if they want to purchase laptop as well.
Mods as follows (all added in last two years, receipts available):
ATR Cold Air induction kit, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, Walbro 340 fuel pump w/hotwire kit, Terry Houston 3" Stainless Downpipe w/dump and high flow cat, ATR 2.5" stainless catback exhaust with stock exit pipes, Lucas 009 (42.5 lb/hr) injectors, custom chip by Turbotweak, Autometer phantom boost, oil and temp gauges (all in nice interior matching pods), AlkyControl Progressive Alcohol Injection Kit, BSTC in car electronic boost controller
Im sorry that there was a lot to read but this really is a special car with a lot of unique features. If you have any questions please feel free to email me: Bengal8@aol.com. Car is located on Long Island, NY. I took these pics today, if you need any more please ask. Price is $11k (negotiable).