Advice or input on pricing

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 10:24 AM

Advice or input on pricing

1994 Z-28, White/Black, 6 speed with T-tops. 178k, Needs Optispark, Psngr window is out, but needs installed, all parts included, needs that window motor though. The A.C. is also removed, but think I still have all the parts.
Has 2 dents on body, one on Rt Rear Qtr panel, looks like it can possibly be worked out. That dent was there when we bought it in 2004, and another dent that my wife swears she has no idea how it happened but it is the Psngr Rocker Panel dented in. She guessed maybe a grocery buggy, lol. No grocery buggy on the planet did that, I am guessing, she caught a curb, and no she never drove it the way it was meant to, she putted around in it.
Just need advice as to how to price it, I put a new cheap opti in it back 3 and 1/2 or so years ago, (I cant remember), but opti lasted all of 18 months, I am disabled and our income is limited to my Wife's, and I have finally convinced her to sell her baby, It has been sitting for a couple of years now under a cover.
Paint shines up beautifully, although the black paint behind the t-tops on top is flaking. Runs like a Beast, can throw you in the back seat when running, if not buckled up,
Think I still have Carfax from when we bought it, think according to it, we were the 2nd owner of it besides dealer.
I was so impressed by it when we bought it, and even drove it and knew it had an engine issue at that time, we looked at 7 or 8 of em around town that day, and I jumped on this one, it just seemed more special than the others. We paid, $5,800.00 cash for it in 2004, and after I bought it, took it to a mechanic and stood under it while he put new wires and plugs on it, turns out the issue was 1 wire was completely in two and another wire was not connected, so I test drove it, basically on 6 cylinders and was still impressed and bought it, lol I knew it was no major issue.
Think I may even have the Dyno results from after the repair, maybe.
A Gm guy/ customer at my wife's restaurant job recently said to ask 4k for it and take 3k, Just wanted some kind of ideas off here, you all have helped me with things in the past.
I will try and recall the things I have done to it, it had a kill switch chip in it, I removed it, when I had to bypass the Vats on the key.
Car has so much torque, starter failed once, then I think we went thru 3-4 new starter's, it was completely tearing the new ones I was buying apart, until some LT-1 friend told me to replace it with an 94 or 6 C-4 Vette starter, I think, (Cant remember), but it forever solved that problem. And yes, all the teeth on the flywheel were intact and there, and shims wasn't helping with the others.
Has new water pump, plugs and wires has 18 mo's of 2-4 miles a day on them at low speeds.
Will post photo's but only 2 are the most recent, the 2 photos without dates are the newest, its the one at night with tops off and one from the front. I will have to go uncover and get some updated photo's. But basically still looks like it did in 2004, just needs a good cleaning now.
Was getting the Hi-Low resolution code when this opti started to die this last time, a couple or so years ago
Can crank it and it run for a minute or so, but then dies.

Thanks for any input or help on pricing.
Have brother in law telling me to just do a coil pack bypass, and just use used stuff as we cant afford a good, new opti.
I dunno, I am just lost, its her baby and I hate for her to have to do this, but I told her when we bought it, its a high performance sports car, it needs a high performance wallet, lol I was able to work then, so it was not an issue.
Take care all.
Sincerely,
Yakster333
Attached Thumbnails Advice or input on pricing-1.jpg   Advice or input on pricing-2.jpg   Advice or input on pricing-3.jpg   Advice or input on pricing-4.jpg   Advice or input on pricing-5.jpg  

Advice or input on pricing-6.jpg   Advice or input on pricing-7.jpg   Advice or input on pricing-8.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by yakster333; 05-27-2016 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:01 PM

Re: Advice or input on pricing

Would you do any trading on it?
Old 06-02-2016, 11:56 PM

Re: Advice or input on pricing

For? lol
Probably but lil cash too.
In need of a working vehicle.
Getting ready to put up foir sale for 2500 firm.

Thanks for the response.
Sincerely
Yakster333