Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Which Sub would be the best for me???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 11:37 PM

Which Sub would be the best for me???

I just installed a new fogate S300 2 ch amp. I'm lookin for a single 10" sub for this amp to push, but I'm not sure which one I should get. I saw the a pioneer sub the was pretty cheap and handled up to 400 watts. What single 10"sub would sound the best with that amp pushing it??
Thanks for any info Ya'll
Old 07-26-2003, 01:37 AM

i have the new pioneers they were 110 a piece,
and they pound really hard with out poping.
but if u want to spend money u can also do better.
the pioneer work well in a small box
Old 07-26-2003, 01:26 PM

OK...here's the deal...that S300 is 2 channel...if you are running one sub...you're gonna be running mono, so It's bridged. That will make your RMS somewhere in the 300 range IF you are using a single 4 ohm sub. I actually have this same amp running @ 1.5 ohms pushing out somwehere in the neihborhood of 750 watts. Normally I would say less, but these Fosgate's are really underrated. I was a little skiddish about doing this, but I actually have in writing from RF that they amp will take it and I should be fine. SO....that's that.

Basically...with that kind of power...you should be good to go on getting 1 REALLY high quality sub. Me personally....I'd go with a JL audio 10w7 or a nice 12x6. DON'T SKIMP!!! Just make if you get a dual voice coil sub that you get the right ohm rating...just ask the salesperson...they'll explain it to ya.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:16 PM

I'm sure the 10W7 is a little out of his price range. He's looking into the Pioneer subs..... so that kinda tells ya the price range.

Alpine Type-R or an Elemental Designs K-series sub. About $120. Is that too much? If so, I vote Alpine Type-S.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:50 AM

Hey...I hear ya...I was just telling him his BEST option and suggesting not to skimp here. You would spend less money on one GREAT sub than you would with 2 mediocre subs...or at least about the same amount of dough...but you'd get MUCH better quality. Alas...I do understand lack of funds though. Hey...if you can find them...look on ebay for the older (meaning a couple yrs) MTX Blue Thunder subs...they're REALLY good subs for the money, REALLY good...and you'll probably be able to find them now pretty durn cheap since they aren't the newest model. They're just plain better than what they have out now, and you can probably find some still new in the box on ebay. I have a pair in my jeep...a pair of 10's and I can really vouch for them.