Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Need help with Subs and such.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 01:07 AM

Need help with Subs and such.

OOOOOOOOOOOK

well im new to setting up car audio thing...

Ok well a Pioneer deck... I have 2 Pioneer 10" subs w/ inclosed box, Matching 6x9s and a Kenwood amp which i was told is enough to POUND these subs. also have a small 240w Pioneer amp which isn't setup.. * should i use it for anything?* *sorry no real stats on the equipment*

Anywho I have it all setup, but its nothing like my friends which has a similer setup... same wattage and what not. but his subs sound like they are independent and just pound like crazy... mine don't.... it all sounds blurred together... the 6x9s are hitting alot of the bass which im guessing isn't good... How do i get it so that i get the proper sound out of the 6x9s and the bass out of theres subs like there ment... as shown above im using a 400w rockford amp... but also have a spare 240w pioneer. The 2 6x9s are running off the 400w and the sub is bridged off that amp aswell.

here is a photoshop, of how its setup... i believe its about right. *oh forgot the remote wire... but that doesn't matter

http://www.members.shaw.ca/nathanengler/Setup.jpg

Also I don't know the specs on the Subs, I don't really wanna take them out of the encloser

http://members.shaw.ca/nathanengler/DSCF0402.JPG

Thats what they look like

Specs on the AMP

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/pr...?productId=225

Last edited by talos; 10-01-2004 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:55 AM

Re: Need help with Subs and such.

If you have 2 amps, I would not let one amp power the subs AND the rear 6x9s. Use and bridge the amp with more power into just 2 channels (whichever that is) for the subs and then also bridge the other amp you have to power the 6x9s. Assuming both amps are 4 channel amps.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:53 AM

After looking at the kenwood site I agree with the above statement of bridging the four channel amp to two channels and running it to the subs. That amp isn't very powerfull. Even bridged it will only give each sub 70 watts rms. If you have another two channel could you post more infor about it so we could give more advice. Depending on the size of the other amp it might be better to put that on subs and run the four channel with highpass filter turned on to the highs.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:49 AM

What is the model of the pioneer amp? I want to see what the specs on it to see if you should use it instead of the Kenwood to power the subs.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:22 AM

thx for the replys.. i had a friend take a look, i had the amps hooked up wrong.. so we got it going... but my deck is to old to hold it together, being dual out only... so i picked up a $350 deck which is pure sax on saturday i got it, then my car was being tempermental... so i had to get it towed down to my shop.. grrr there not open till tomorrow morning *monday* so no playin on this beautiful weekend... grr i hope to get it back tomorrow.