Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

My experience with 4 decks over the past 6 months (Kenwood content)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 04:06 PM

My experience with 4 decks over the past 6 months (Kenwood content)

Well I bought my car with a cheap Kenwood cassette player that is at least 5 years old by now. It was 35W x 4 and got the job done so I kept it for a while. I also had a kenwood 10 CD changer that I really enjoyed. Well I put new speakers in the car a year ago and saw a slight improvement in sound. The bass was totally lacking though. I was really disappointed and blamed the speakers. Well I got a new deck similar to the KDC-122 which was 45W x 4 and had a CD player in dash which I really wanted. Well I still wasn't getting enough bass. So I immediately sold that and got a Kenwood KDC-9017 which I got a good deal on. I kept sticking with Kenwood because it's a brand name, I needed it for my CD changer, and this was a great deal and had good features. This was 50W x4 so I expected more bass. Once again I was wrong. Then I posted on this forum and ended up getting 6.5" speakers to replace my 6x9"s becuase round speakers are better as I was told. Nope, didn't do it. So I put the 6.5"s in my kick panel and that helped a bit. But the problem is the deck just didn't have bass. Now I'm not one for thumping bass, but I'd like to feel the kick drum in some of my songs and get the full listening experience. So my CD changer broke and I had it repaired so I just said screw it, I'm getting a DVD player to put all 2000 mp3s on one dual layer DVD. So I bought a cheap Lanzar 60W x 4 and it is GREAT. I crank the bass and it sounded good, but then I put loud on and was blown away. Something so cheap sounded great. So no more reliability problems with Kenwood (the casette player, KDC-9017, and the CD changer all had problems). I just thought this was interesting and wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience. I'm really disappointed in all the money I wasted over the past year with decks when I should have just gone this route in the first place.