Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

lookin to add some bump to current setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 04:58 PM

lookin to add some bump to current setup

Right now im running an alpine head unit (forget which one exactly) with 2 10 inch Fosgate HE2s in a millhouse box, this is all powered by a 1800w fosgate amp. This setup however doesnt sound to great at high volumes with stock speakers.

I thinking the best way to go is to replace the 2 sets of 6 3/4 speakers, and I think I have settled on 2 sets of Kicker k65s
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...=1&cc=01&avf=Y
to fill this void. What do you guys think about these speakers? I am also going to purchase an amp for them so I can get full power out of em', I was looking at this amp... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=39733

what do you guys think about my possible speaker setup and how will it work with what I have now? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, I don't know too much as far as car audio goes.

thanks
InTeNsE
Old 01-21-2004, 06:13 PM

Re: lookin to add some bump to current setup

I highly recommend installing a set of components up front. I just think it will sound so much better--not to mention that it will keep up with your bass better. I put some replacement coax speakers in when I first got my car and now I wished I had done it right by going with components. You can put some kicker mids in the rear sails, but components up front will sound the best. JMO
Old 01-21-2004, 06:21 PM

what do you mean by components? So, do that and my idea for the 2 sets of kickers with amp...?

what do you think of the kicker65s? and the amp I was looking at?

thanks
Old 01-22-2004, 09:23 AM

By component sets he means ...

a set of 2 mids and 2 highs with crossovers.
You would definately benefit more from these. Are you running the Alpine with the factory monsoon speakers? If so then of course it is gonna sound shetty because the factory speakers have different impedences and your actually taking a chance of dammaging your speaker outputs from the amp.

Later
Mike
Old 01-22-2004, 09:43 AM

im running the alpine head unit with the stock factory speakers, I dont have the monsoon option.

So... i should buy the components and the 2 sets of 6 3/4 speakers?

what are some good component sets?
Old 01-22-2004, 11:45 AM

I just purchased a set of mb quarts at car toys for $150.00 6-1/2 component set RSC-216'S regular price at $399.99. They sound great but I need an amp to push them and get the full sound from them. I placed the highs right in between the arm console and the bashboard, they sound awesome. I am running the Infinity's 6-1/2 in the rear but not sure which ones they are. I would highly recommend replacing the factory speakers, it is a
MUST. Just my .02

-Mike