Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

How to run wires for new stereo (5 channel amp)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 04:19 PM

How to run wires for new stereo (5 channel amp)

Alright, I'm going to be installing my stereo this weekend. Nothing will be powered by the head unit (Alpine 7963)
I'm getting a 5 channel Alpine amp. This mean that I'm goign to have to run a power from the battery to the amp, a remote turn on, 3 sets of rca's and speaker wire to all 4 speakers (not including the sub) Where is the best place to run all of these wires without getting interference. I usually run the power wire down the passenger side and the signal cables down the driver side, but i don't know where 3 rca's will fit. Also, the rear speakers and sub seem to be easy to run the speaker wire too, but what about the doors, how can I get the wire into the door without killing myself? I haven't really looked at them, but I'm open to suggestions from people who have done this.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:16 AM

Definately run the power and signal wires on opposite sides of the car... I have yet to install a stereo in my 1996 camaro, but i ran all my signal wires on the pass side, and the power up the middle, because 1/0 doesn't fit well under the door hoosies . I would just run the speaker wires outta the amp up through the center console back to the stock harness under the dash, and let the factory wires take it to the speakers...unelss you have a stock amp. I would test it to see how good it sound first, because it's not good to amplify an amplified signal, if ya catch my drift. The sub out would go straight back, so that's no problem.

Take care,
Tim