Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Going to rip out the f-ing alarm brain.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 06:12 PM

Going to rip out the f-ing alarm brain.

I know where the damn thing is and I'm about one more go off on it's own and it's coming out. Three days in one week it went off two times within 5 min each time. The alarm is also set by pushing the UNLOCK button on the key fob, and/or drivers door, and then off by pushing it again. Today, after it went off twice on its own, the power unlock doesn't work from the driver's door OR the key fob. What's going on here, and what will happen if I do cut out the alarm brain?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:05 PM

I believe you can disable it using the key fob. Easier than ripping it out and potentially causing problems with the door locks, etc.

Also, I believe there is a switch on it for the shock sensor. When I used to close the gas cap on my 2000 Z28, the damn alarm would go off. So, I switched off the shock sensor and voila! No more false alarms.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:08 PM

I'll have to look and adjust it, thanks.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:02 PM

haha, mine goes off when it thunders
Old 11-15-2007, 07:06 PM

I looked and the adjuster **** is gone, I can see where it's sposed to be, but it's gone. Oh, and this morning it worked how its sposed to, set hitting lock instead of unlock, then after lunch went back to only unlock sets and arms it, and it went off on it's own again.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:00 PM

gone off on it's own four more times, is the horn for the alarm the same as the horn you honk on the steering wheel? Does the alarm system tie into the ignition system in anyway?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bowtie4life
gone off on it's own four more times, is the horn for the alarm the same as the horn you honk on the steering wheel? Does the alarm system tie into the ignition system in anyway?
Yes same horn, and yes.
The BCM controls things like interior lights, accessory power,ect but it also controls the TDR or the theft deterrent relay, which is housed behind the glove box with the BCM.
Without the BCM and without some modification your car will NOT run.
If you really, really think it's your BCM then I pesonally would be more inclined to replace it than to try and do a hatchet job on your Z
BCM's are only like $100 at oreilley auto or (insert chain here).
Tal
Old 11-28-2007, 09:34 PM

I'm guessing BCM is the alarm brain that's under the front of the center console, and would it need to be programmed after I would get a new one? Oh and if something is wrong with it could that be why my security light is always on when the car is? Thanks for the help.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:00 PM

factory alarm i take it?

if it's an aftermarket you should be able to take it to a shop and have them connect it to a bitwriter and reprogram the brain to your preferences. why fix what isn't REALLY broken
Old 12-13-2007, 02:14 PM

if it is the factory alarm, you can turn it off with a little programming trick its been a few years but something like with drivers door open, pull radio fuse out, turn ign on, then off, push unlock on door until interior door chimes 1 time. there is 1, 2, 3, or 4 chimes for 4 dif modes: off, on passive, on active, and I forget the other. Im sure it is somewhere on the web. The bittwriter is designed for select DEI (viper, hornet, pithon....) some other brands might make a similar interface.