Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

dual cd/dvd flip screen player unit

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 01:06 AM

dual cd/dvd flip screen player unit

i am thinking gettin this for my car next year feb.??

i done cd install before but i need to know is this going to be hard. because i heard their this one wire that the radio won't come on when you put the car in park with the key in!!! something about the e-brake!!!

also can anybody tell me how good these speakers set from pioneer. i like my pioneer speaker i got in but i am thinking gettin these for the back!!!

p.s. i took out the bose unit out meaning that i am using the radio instead that amp bose box, those suck!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:41 PM

anyone????
Old 12-05-2008, 07:31 AM

Just so you know, pulling the radio out of the dash does not get rid of the bose amp.
In my experience I have seen more Dual radios go bad than not. That being said,
The only interface to the car is the parking brake wire. Dual has some weird brake on brake off brake on again proceedure to enable the screen so if you intend on bypassing the brake you need to put a switch of some kind so you can replicate the proceedure. If that is your plan realize it is against the law for motion video to be viewable from the drivers seat while in motion, for the obvious reason that you are more likely to hurt someone else.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:37 AM

Just so you know, pulling the radio out of the dash does not get rid of the bose amp.
In my experience I have seen more Dual radios go bad than not. That being said,
The only interface to the car is the parking brake wire. Dual has some weird brake on brake off brake on again proceedure to enable the screen so if you intend on bypassing the brake you need to put a switch of some kind so you can replicate the proceedure. If that is your plan realize it is against the law for motion video to be viewable from the drivers seat while in motion, for the obvious reason that you are more likely to hurt someone else.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:58 PM

if you are talking about the lil boxes in the speakers. i took them out but i know that ain't all. i don't care about the brake wire. i wanna stay on while i am driving or not. but how hard is it. is their a box i gotta get or i just straight wired it up because i am using a adapter to clip on the factory harness beside the speakers i had to wire up to my 4 speaker each. and does anybody got those pioneer speaker in their car and does it fit because i wanna put them in the back set speakers like these i got in right now!!

Name:  P8250013.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  41.2 KB