Buyer/Seller Feedback Please report dealings on this site accurately and fairly. Disputes/arguments should be handled by authorities and will be closed or deleted.

Wow! another Joshp007 victim.........

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 01:26 AM

Angry Wow! another Joshp007 victim.........

*didn't know where to post this so i am sorry*

well guys and girls, i have learned a couple of valuable lessons over the last month or so. i had little to no experience with forums when i joined this site a year or so ago. i have been reading alot of posts on this site but for the most part, thats it. i don't know enough about cars in general to give my $.02 on anything unless i happen to have had the same problem. recently though....i ran across a SS hood that i wanted for my z28. now, here is where the new people on this forum need to learn from my mistake. before you buy ANYTHING from ANYONE on here, run a search on their name just to see if they have sold anything on here before. if they have, more often than not, your search will turn up other posts regarding the sale and if you read them, you can get a good understanding maybe of whether or not you need to buy from them. (like i said, i am fairly new to this so i never thought much about doing that....thats my fault. DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE!) so, as i was saying, i stumbled upon a nice SS hood for sale and i decided to buy it. it just so happened to be from Joshua Paul or Joshp0007. i went to the bank and mailed the money out on 7-24. i live in Ky, and he lives in Tx. anyway, he sends me confirmation on 8-02 that he received the money and that he will contact me when he ships it via Greyhound. on 8-08, i send him pm asking him what the status is on hood because i have not heard from him. i get a pm the next day (wednesday) saying that he was "sent out of town for work unexpectedly" and would send it out when he got back on 8-10 Friday. so, i let it go and i finally get another pm on 8-14 (the following monday) saying that he needed all my contact info . (this whole weekend i call him trying to find out if he shipped it like he said because i work a swing shift job and i am gonna have to make arangements to pick it up. the nearest greyhound terminal to me is 30+ miles away. i get no answer this entire weekend and he doesn't respond to any of my voicemails.) so, the next day, 8-15, i send him all that info. on 8-16 he pms me once again telling me that alas...my hood has finally shipped out and he tells me that he has already sent me a pm telling me his phone quit working. o......k, this is the first pm i got stating that. also he says that the hood is gonna take anywhere from 7-12 days to arrive. damn, thats some serious shipping time there. well, that raised a red flag to me so i try and call him (forgetting about his phone being broke), now, the number of his that i have is a cell phone number and everytime i call, the voice mail picks up saying "this is josh paul, certified fitness instructor yada, yada, yada." so, i am assuming this is his business phone. this time i called it rang like 2 times and it sounded like someone answered the cell phone and you could here it end like they hung up really fast. so, i call again and the same thing. i go to work that night and me and my buddy are discussing it and he's like, something is not right man. he is a member on turbobuick forums and told me to search his name to see what comes up (like i said, i didn't even think of that) well, we pull up some interesting posts about josh not sending stuff that he sold after getting the money and sending the wrong things.....i am sure most of you have seen these. anyway, i get home the next day and call greyhound. the nice lady tells me it should be no longer than 3-5 days on the shipping versus him saying 7-12. i also asked her if there was anyway that i could verify that he even shipped it and she said yes...there is a number at the bottom of the receipt. so, i try calling again, and sure enough.....it sounds like someone answers and hangs back up. i do it 2 or 3 more times just out of anger and still nothing. so, i *67 then dial the number to block my number. sure enough it rings until the voice mail picks up (thats odd). i leave him a message telling him to call me back and let me know what that tracking number is(he never called back). right after i hung up the phone i pmed him the exact same thing letting him know that there was a discrepency in the ship times and also letting him know about all the bad posts i found on him. i apparently pissed him off because on 8-18 he tells me that what he is gonna do is send me a refund (he told me 2 days ago that he had already shipped it!!!) he goes on to say that "despite my phone being messed up, you continue to call it over and over again.(of course i did, i sent him $550 over 2 weeks before this. i feel like i deserve to know what was going on.) he says, i will see the refund very soon. on 8-23 i sent pm asking where he was at on the refund. he replies back the same day saying, you should be receiving refund in the next couple of days via usps. it
is now 9-02 and i am still holding my breath on this check and he is not responding to my messages, yet he is reading them. i could give a damn which one i get...the hood or the check but i need one of them. that was $550 that i worked my *** off for and it wasn't so someone too lazy to make their own money could steal it. i have read on here that the ls1 boards have a rating system and i agree with some of you, i believe it would be a good thing to have on this site. at least it would throw up a flag for dead beats like josh. i may never see my money again....i have accepted that but josh, you are gonna have to answer for this sooner or later. not like he is ever gonna reply to this because he knows what he did and he is too big a coward to stand up for it. i could post his actually pm's but i don't know how. i don't know why i bothered to post this other than a warning to anyone who plans on buying things from people on here. just be careful! and for the record, this is the only bad thing i have ever had happen on this site. there is a wealth of great knowledge on here and plenty of people eager to help anyone out. (just wanted to add that so people didn't think i was trashing the site because i 'm not) like i said though josh, its gonna come back around to you....it always does.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:46 AM

Re: Wow! another Joshp007 victim.........

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/716929

Here's his license plates. Get resourceful and you can find out where he lives and track him. Texas Tag # Y23DTD

I had to track a member once who tried to rip me. Took me about 2 months, but I finally got my money and I think he got fired from his job.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:34 AM

What are cliff notes for a 100 Alex?
Old 09-02-2006, 06:09 AM

Old 09-02-2006, 07:49 AM

that guys a punk, worth taking the trip to his home any punking him in courts. you can get your $550.00 back, plus court costs, lawyer fee's and a free vacation in TX for a week... hehe. Keep his info. If you withdrew from your bank have them send you a deposit/withdraw statement and have the judge supeona his records. lol. That dude is effed lol.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:02 AM

Where in Tx? I'm in the DFW area.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:27 AM

I just had enough time to read the thread. Dont feel bad. Youre one of many that have been scammed by him. I think something like three people got a refund but most didnt. He is without a doubt a scammer. That's another reason I'm glad they brought the old classafied section back.
There were a couple of threads like this in the old section. Anyways stay on him and dont let this go. Call whatever athorities you need to call or email to ensure action is taken. People that give up just allow him to get others. I wish we did have a trader rating. Ive been scammed once on here by a buyer and once by a seller. Good luck to you.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Administrator

The for sale section (now that it has returned) has a Buyer/Seller Feedback forum. I'll move it there.....
Old 09-02-2006, 11:59 AM

yeah, it just makes me mad.......i have a job. i work to make money so i can buy things that i want and need. its just sad that people like Josh, who are just too damn lazy, can steal that same money alot easier than it was for me to earn it. i hate a theif. and i guarantee before this is all over he is gonna get on here and say that i am a liar and all that crap but i have all the proof. i have every pm we had between each other, with dates, starting at the end of July. i have a pm from him saying...."ok, i finally got the check bro." i gave him a certfied cashiers check from the bank so i have a record of that being cashed. what i don't have is a hood because if i did, it would be on my car! i almost laughed after all this because on his car domain account, the very first picture is him in a flex pose acting all cool. then, when i called the message says he is a physical fitness trainer. he's probably not, or at least he isn't successful at it. (why would he need my money, they should make more money than me..hehehe) i am guessing this is part of his gig....trying to intimidate people so they don't say anything....i dunno. i got news for him, he didn't steal $50 from me......it was $550, and if he thinks i am just gonna lay down and let him have it, he is crazy. i told him on wednesday that he had till friday to contact me or i was gonna go file a lawsuit. well, he didn't contact me but he did read the message so i guess that was his answer. so, monday, when i get my lazy *** out of bed.....guess where i am going. josh, you messed up and i will have everyone on this post, the ls1 boards, amarillo racing, and everywhere else i can find your little handle at, know what you did. if i can get any help from members to spread the word, that would be great....you may know another place that he posts at. i will try and keep everyone posted on how this goes.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:44 PM

i hope you get your money back. hell, he probably used your 550 for his ss hood.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:22 AM

Angry Re: Wow! another Joshp007 victim.........

He got me for $60.00 dollars. He looks GAY to me in the car domain. I hope we can put him out of business for good.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:41 AM

maybe we need to get a couple of victims together and go take a road trip.............
Old 09-03-2006, 11:04 AM

I saw on his cardomain where he is in pampa texas, I believe 50 miles from Amarillo
Old 09-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Cliff's Notes: Scammed by Joshp007. Sent $550 for a new SS hood, got a lot of runaround. So far, no hood, and no refund, even though he's been promised both at one time or another.

That sucks, dude, I hope you get your money back.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:45 AM

just hire a PI and send him to the address you sent the $$$ to.
or just call acouple news stations and tell them your story, they'll chase him around with cameras for a few days.

id just fly there and buy a bat when i landed.
then go to that address. =)

Quick Reply: Wow! another Joshp007 victim.........