Buyer/Seller Feedback Please report dealings on this site accurately and fairly. Disputes/arguments should be handled by authorities and will be closed or deleted.

Really good people to do business with!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 06:45 PM

Thumbs up Really good people to do business with!

I've made several purchases from these people over the last two weeks. They have all been trustworthy, fair minded, and prompt. All have kept me up to date with tracking information and ship dates.

They are:

- ChevyGuy

- SSideways

- Breakmyfootoff

- Hoosker

- Avengeance

- Admiral94

- agrsiv95

*updated 3/31/07 Added one more to the list!

I strongly recommend them to anyone making purchases on this board. I will gladly do business with them again anytime!

Thanks guys,

Last edited by 96camaroSS; 03-31-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:25 PM

Re: Really good people to do business with!

Now to track down those names and see the rest of the goodies you've boughten so I can see how much competition your gonna offer this year

How's the Wireless working, Brian.

T
Old 02-28-2006, 09:34 PM

96CAMAROSS,
when you would buy something how would you pay for what you were getting. did you send the money by check or money order or what how could you be sure that you wouldnt get ripped off im going to buy a few things but cant figure out a safe way to make transfers. could you explain how you did it.

thanks,

Jim
Old 02-28-2006, 09:38 PM

Most people on here use paypal.com to pay for thier transactions. Ive used it several times on here and with ebay with no problems
Old 02-28-2006, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by ROUDA
96CAMAROSS,
when you would buy something how would you pay for what you were getting. did you send the money by check or money order or what how could you be sure that you wouldnt get ripped off im going to buy a few things but cant figure out a safe way to make transfers. could you explain how you did it.

thanks,

Jim
also look to see how long they've been a member. how many posts. how much they boughten/sold etc. but there will never be a guarantee that you wont get scammed. people that have alot of posts/been a member a while unforutanely also scam.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by ROUDA
96CAMAROSS,

thanks,

Jim
I prefer to use paypal if the seller doesn't mind. Some have been by cashier's check for the buyer's comfort factor. I don't believe there is such a way to be sure you're not going to get ripped off. I've probably been very fortunate in my dealings. That's why I posted this. I think good people deserve to be recognized.

It really is a leap of faith from the buyer's perspective. Since no one in their right mind is going to ship anything out until they receive payment. So, they have your money and you have to trust their integrity.

Brian
Old 03-01-2006, 12:50 AM

Also ask for phone numbers and addresses and be very wary if they don,t want to give out this info.
Any person who is selling something should have no problem talking to you on the phone or giving out his personal information.
I recently made a rather expensive purchase off this board and I talked to him on the phone and he had no problem sending me his address, I sent my info first in a show of good faith.
Transaction went very smoothly (I drove to St Louis to pick up) and I was very pleased with the stuff.
Ironically the only bad sale I was part of was for a stupid shifter handle

Be smart about it and pay attention to the rep they have on this board and you should be good.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:23 PM

Ok Thanks For The Tips. Is Paypal Replace Yor Money If You Get Scammed. And How Do You Give Some Money From Your Account Over The Internet Through Paypal. Just Not Sure How That Works.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:42 PM

paypal helps in some cases. but IMO its hard to get. They help out more i think if you buy it off ebay. i purchases a part not to long ago and they sent me a worthless part. but since it showed that the item was shipped on the paypal site, there wasnothing they could do.. go to paypal.com. open an account. go to send $. and send it. its pretty easy
Old 03-07-2006, 04:59 PM

Updated the list!
Old 03-07-2006, 06:10 PM

there is no 100% safe way that I know of unless your face to face... and even then you can still be taken for a ride. But in general I find that people willing to give personal info and make phone calls are usually honest. On any internet board you really need to do your homework as a buyer. Check out the person, search their screen name and read up on them. Check out their reputation, post count, and how long they have been a member. 99% of the time a well known board member is not out to rip you off over $100. Get as much personal info as possible from the seller.

As a seller I can tell you I dont take paypal, I only take a MO or check. Its a saftey factor for me, but I do realize that the seller is taking a risk. So I go out of my way to make sure they are as comfortable as possible with the transaction and I have on several ocasions made phone calls over a $20 sale. I know it would make me more comfortable so I go the extra mile. I take detailed pics, and give all information pertaining to the part that I would want to know if I were buying it, and i will give referances if the seller wants.

So far I can honestly say I have never had a deal go bad being a buyer or a seller. In the end if you just dont feel comfortable or get conflicting information... plain and simple do buy it! If a seller wont give personal info or phone number... dont buy it! If you think its too good to be true, it probably is so dont buy it!

Glad to hear that you transactions have gone well. I wish everyone was honest and made good on their end of the deal.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:02 AM

It was good doing business with ya as well, Brian.

I know I dont have a big post count but I do have references, although sometimes I forget to list them. FWIW I used to be a Club Officer for NorCal LS1/LT1. www.Norcal-LS1.com

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 03-19-2006, 07:00 PM

Updated the list again! Thanks to all that I've bought from recently. And to one particular individual who will remain anonymous for now for bearing with me after my screw up on mailing his payment to the wrong address. It is finally on it's way to the right address!
Old 03-31-2006, 04:43 PM

Updated again! Thanks to all.