Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Why Reuss Published that letter....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 12:58 PM

Post Why Reuss Published that letter....

Turns out that he had been getting spammed on his work email because somebody gave it out. He recieved over 100 emails concerning the new Camaro in the week after it was published that he said they would be finding a new platform. It caused quite a stir in GM how much that statement got out.It got so much publicity that it made it to the wrong places (canada) anyone and he had to reneg. Plus he really isnt the person to talk as far as the new Camaro goes...that guy already reads this board religiously.

------------------
Branden-Founder-www.GMInsidenews.com-The #1 GM News Site on the Net!
1995 Firebird A4 White with red leather! SOLD 1979 Firbird Formula 400HO!
Visit my homepage!
Old 07-27-2002, 01:36 PM

Thumbs down

As a matter of fact, I think someone posted Reuss' E-mail address in this forum. Guys, we have to be smart about this. We need to keep the pressure on GM without directly bombarding people's e-mails (especially people who have no call in whether or not a new Camaro gets built).

------------------
Mark

94 Z28, Red, A4, 3:23
Lone Mods--LPE CAI, !Lapeer Dragway.
(Hey, I'm a college boy I can't afford gobs of bolt-ons!)

Best time: 14.658 @ 95.1
with SES light on and Driver off! (First and only time at track)

The F-body will NEVER die.
Old 07-27-2002, 03:14 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for posting Formula79. People are going wild micro-analyzing everything GM says. I'm calm about this whole thing. Face it guys, it's going to be a couple years... but my faith has not wavered!

Don't forget they are still making 4gen's up there... there may be UAW reasons for being uncertain about this name's stated future. With all the RWD's coming from GM, they will have a lot of options when they decide on the next Camaro!

------------------
NBM 99Formula, DF Lid, FRA, K&N, SLP WS6 Takeoff Muffler | DFGreen 98 GTP, Insulated SLP K&N, !U!Res, 3.5 Pulley, transcooler
| Brilliant Red Metallic 1990 IROC-Z Camaro, K&N, Camaro SS takeoff muffler
Old 07-27-2002, 04:01 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by formula79:
He recieved over 100 emails concerning the new Camaro in the week after it was published that he said they would be finding a new platform.

</font>
Only 100 emails. What's wrong....don't tell me you guys are losing interest.

Old 07-28-2002, 02:34 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Z28Wilson:
As a matter of fact, I think someone posted Reuss' E-mail address in this forum. Guys, we have to be smart about this. We need to keep the pressure on GM without directly bombarding people's e-mails (especially people who have no call in whether or not a new Camaro gets built).

</font>
Old 07-28-2002, 03:08 AM

Smile

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Z28Wilson:
[B]As a matter of fact, I think someone posted Reuss' E-mail address in this forum. Guys, we have to be smart about this. We need to keep the pressure on GM without directly bombarding people's e-mails (especially people who have no call in whether or not a new Camaro gets built).

I have to respond to this because I feel it is getting a bit out of hand on this board. First, a little backround on me: I have had numerous f-bodies (from LG4's to LS1's)and currently am driving a 95 Z28. I have owned only f-bodies (and a few winter beaters)since I got my license in '91 and I look forward to a new one as much as any one else. Okay, here is what I think. I read this board all the time and listen to all kinds of talk about why there will be no new f-body, but have heard nothing like this before. How could the future of the whole car line be determined by what we say on this board? If that is the extent of their research into the market for a new f-car, then they would have already determined that we really want one and that we don't want to wait very long either. Just see the above quote. I am not trying to flame, but should we really be to the point that we have to have some stategy when dealing with them to get what we want? This is a free market economy. I got fed up with bland domestic offerings and bought a WRX for my wife when she needed a new car. I have to say, no matter what anyone tells you about that car, it is quick, economical, and you can't see one plastic mold crease inside. If you don't know what I mean, I refer you to any 98+ Trans Am (I have owned two BTW). I really think the new Mustang is going to be great, along with many other cars in the near future, I am open to all types of cars now. I really have no other choice if I want a new car. My current favorite in my price range is the S2000 however. I really like a removable roof or a convertible top on my cars. I think that t-tops have always been a big plus for me when considering the f-bodies. Now if they will offer the new 350 Z with t-tops for a decent price in the near future, then I am out of the waiting game for good. I don't think we need an attitude adjustment, I think GM needs a product adjustment.

Old 07-28-2002, 04:10 AM

[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RobC2:
[b]
Originally posted by Z28Wilson:

I have to respond to this because I feel it is getting a bit out of hand on this board. First, a little backround on me: I have had numerous f-bodies (from LG4's to LS1's)and currently am driving a 95 Z28. I have owned only f-bodies (and a few winter beaters)since I got my license in '91 and I look forward to a new one as much as any one else. Okay, here is what I think. I read this board all the time and listen to all kinds of talk about why there will be no new f-body, but have heard nothing like this before. How could the future of the whole car line be determined by what we say on this board? If that is the extent of their research into the market for a new f-car, then they would have already determined that we really want one and that we don't want to wait very long either. Just see the above quote. I am not trying to flame, but should we really be to the point that we have to have some stategy when dealing with them to get what we want? This is a free market economy. I got fed up with bland domestic offerings and bought a WRX for my wife when she needed a new car. I have to say, no matter what anyone tells you about that car, it is quick, economical, and you can't see one plastic mold crease inside. If you don't know what I mean, I refer you to any 98+ Trans Am (I have owned two BTW). I really think the new Mustang is going to be great, along with many other cars in the near future, I am open to all types of cars now. I really have no other choice if I want a new car. My current favorite in my price range is the S2000 however. I really like a removable roof or a convertible top on my cars. I think that t-tops have always been a big plus for me when considering the f-bodies. Now if they will offer the new 350 Z with t-tops for a decent price in the near future, then I am out of the waiting game for good. I don't think we need an attitude adjustment, I think GM needs a product adjustment.

</font>

I think the idea that this forum is read by tons of GM execs is BS. I know of only two GM employees that read this board, and they already would have a vested intreast in the car. Quite simply put an new car has been designed to as far as it can be with no approval. I would venture to say at this point we wont see a new car untill 07' at the earliest now unless GM gives it priority funding, which we all know wont happen. That money wil probaly go into something like the GM XUV.

Granted GM isn't the most logical company in the world and thier decisions may be hard to follow. But keep in mimd everything has a reason...even if us mere mortals dont know.

------------------
Branden-Founder-www.GMInsidenews.com-The #1 GM News Site on the Net!
1995 Firebird A4 White with red leather! SOLD 1979 Firbird Formula 400HO!
Visit my homepage!
Old 07-28-2002, 08:17 AM

Thumbs down

The thing is.... if General Motors doesn't have any interest in pleasing us until 2007 ... there are gonna be a lot of us who have gone elsewhere...

Old 07-28-2002, 09:40 AM

Formula, can you please elaborate what you meant when you said 'it made it to the wrong places (Canada)'?
Old 07-28-2002, 11:22 AM

I bet I can elaborate for Branden.
Ruess' first statement (about GM looking for a platform for the next Camaro) made it's way to the Canadian Auto Workers (CAW). They're upset that the current car is being cancelled and they are out of work (not all of them, however).
Late last year, when the end of the F-body was announced, GM said that they looked long and hard to see what they could move into the Ste. Therese plant but came up with nothing.
Now that Ruess said they are looking for a chassis for the next Camaro, you can bet Buzz Hargrove (head of CAW) and the CAW are pretty upset.
GM tells them there is nothing they can do to save the plant and jobs, but here they are talking about a new Camaro.
I'm sure somebody got in trouble for that original statement.
Man, I sure hope there will be an "All Camaros Are Red" kind of book when all this is over.
I would LOVE to know just what the hell is going on at GM regarding the F-body.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:34 AM

ckt101 I think what he meant by making it to the wrong places (canada) is since they are closing the Camaro plant up there. If they got the news that GM is going to make a new Camaro they'd get mad that they didn't use the plant in Canada. At least that is what I think.
Old 07-28-2002, 12:04 PM

RobC2,

I guess my point was that bugging the wrong people about the car won't do any good, and pestering high-ups who already have a lot on their plate will only upset things more. Think about it, a lot of times the more you bug someone the less receptive they are to it. Would you be thrilled about receiving hundreds of e-mails on the same subject every day? I don't think all the high GM execs need to read this board to know a lot of people want a new F-body. Either they don't read this board because they don't want to hear how "stupid" they are, or they will leave all the car's development up to the Camaro team, or they just don't care at all/don't see the Camaro in GM's plans ever again. Hopefully it's only the last one that isn't true.

------------------
Mark

94 Z28, Red, A4, 3:23
Lone Mods--LPE CAI, !Lapeer Dragway.
(Hey, I'm a college boy I can't afford gobs of bolt-ons!)

Best time: 14.658 @ 95.1
with SES light on and Driver off! (First and only time at track)

The F-body will NEVER die.
Old 07-28-2002, 12:04 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HuJass:
I bet I can elaborate for Branden.
Ruess' first statement (about GM looking for a platform for the next Camaro) made it's way to the Canadian Auto Workers (CAW). They're upset that the current car is being cancelled and they are out of work (not all of them, however).
Late last year, when the end of the F-body was announced, GM said that they looked long and hard to see what they could move into the Ste. Therese plant but came up with nothing.
Now that Ruess said they are looking for a chassis for the next Camaro, you can bet Buzz Hargrove (head of CAW) and the CAW are pretty upset.
GM tells them there is nothing they can do to save the plant and jobs, but here they are talking about a new Camaro.
I'm sure somebody got in trouble for that original statement.
Man, I sure hope there will be an "All Camaros Are Red" kind of book when all this is over.
I would LOVE to know just what the hell is going on at GM regarding the F-body.
</font>
enough talk about this...if it gets anymore airtime bad things can happen. there is a reason there is no mention of it on my website.
Old 07-28-2002, 06:57 PM

The first rule of Camaro Club is, you don't talk about Camaro Club...

&lt;/lame joke&gt;

------------------
Jason

<A HREF="http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/munche" TARGET=_blank>1997 A4 Z28 "Mongoose"
</A>

<A HREF="http://www.iz-us.com/images/cars/cougar/" TARGET=_blank>New Project: 1969 Mercury Cougar 351W
</A>
Old 07-28-2002, 08:23 PM

The second rule of Camaro Club is, you don't talk about Camaro Club...

Quick Reply: Why Reuss Published that letter....