Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

why i dont like corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 06:31 PM

why i dont like corvettes

I am tired of chevy attitude with the vette back when in the muscle car era camaros worked vettes at the drag. Lately its wait the corvette has 350 horespower so we need to resrict the camaro so so it not quite as fast. The corvette appeals diffently to people how many vettes have you seen being raced. Usually vettes are auto conv. with a old man driving lik a bit*h. My point if they come back with a camaro i would like to see a SS model that outruns the top of the line vette. i dont think it will really hurt corvette sales because many vette owners have no intrest lika a f-body owner. I never really liked vettes there to polished a lately there looking more and more sudle. My dream the 2005 camaro SS under 40,000k Ls6 supercharged from the factory . That is possible but than dont have the *****. with that car i would just laugh at fords pathetic cobra and take money from viper drivers.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:04 PM
cmc

Ford's Cobra isn't all that pathetic. It's faster than a Camaro.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:15 PM

Re: why i dont like corvettes

Originally posted by RadarBait
I am tired of chevy attitude with the vette back when in the muscle car era camaros worked vettes at the drag. Lately its wait the corvette has 350 horespower so we need to resrict the camaro so so it not quite as fast. The corvette appeals diffently to people how many vettes have you seen being raced. Usually vettes are auto conv. with a old man driving lik a bit*h. My point if they come back with a camaro i would like to see a SS model that outruns the top of the line vette. i dont think it will really hurt corvette sales because many vette owners have no intrest lika a f-body owner. I never really liked vettes there to polished a lately there looking more and more sudle. My dream the 2005 camaro SS under 40,000k Ls6 supercharged from the factory . That is possible but than dont have the *****. with that car i would just laugh at fords pathetic cobra and take money from viper drivers.
ME AM ANGRY,WHY VETTE FAST THAN CAMRO,ME NO UNDER...STAND...OLD MAN DRIVE VETTE..ME JEALOUS..CEMERO AM FAST RACE CA,RMO BEAT VETTE AND LAUGH TO VIPER MONEY HA.....HULK SMASH!!!!
Old 01-23-2003, 07:20 PM

Re: Re: why i dont like corvettes

Originally posted by Derek Smalls
ME AM ANGRY,WHY VETTE FAST THAN CAMRO,ME NO UNDER...STAND...OLD MAN DRIVE VETTE..ME JEALOUS..CEMERO AM FAST RACE CA,RMO BEAT VETTE AND LAUGH TO VIPER MONEY HA.....HULK SMASH!!!!
That's friggin Hilarious man!!!
Old 01-23-2003, 07:32 PM

The Corvette has and always will be GMs top dog. It has it's own special set of rules from the rest of the cars, and will always remain as the highest rated car from a GM factory.

I think that was the reason the Grand National was stopped; because they were faster than the C4s!! You can't have that in GM world! The 8.1 BBC in the Silverados is rated at 340 hp; 10 less than the Corvette's LS1 350 rating.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:37 PM

Execellent!

BTW Radarbait, those Pathetic Cobras as you call them are roughly as quick, if not slightly quicker, than non-Z06 Corvettes. Not exactly near the word pathetic in any dictionary I know of.

But still, of course, you can still keep the old noggin in the sand over this.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:55 PM

Re: why i dont like corvettes

Don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel!

I think you are going on a couple of misconceptions here. The LS1 Camaros got as potent a combo once you rolled them on a dyno as the LS1 'vettes got... the 6 speed manual was virtually the same in the F-body as hte Y car. There's lots of folks that race 'vettes and theres a very loyal Corvette community out there. The 'vette does have an higher age demographic than the Camaro...but not that wide a range difference if you saw the numbers. That has something to do with the money part of the car's difference.
... I have always been a Camaro fan, no mistake about it BUT for every person you have seen in a 'vette that isn't street racing there's quite a few in Camaros, some are even 6 cylinder autos, and they are not to be confused with racers either and somehow you have missed them...I wouldn't call the "03 Cobra MY kind of performance package as it's too one dimensional but "pathetic" is a bit of an overstatement, perhaps?... The Mustang isn't a sports car. It's a sport car that is attractive to folks that enjoy the sport of dragracing.

Originally posted by RadarBait

Last edited by 1fastdog; 01-23-2003 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:54 PM

ROFL!!!
Old 01-23-2003, 09:11 PM

Some funny posts haha. Anyway yeah we just have to accept that the vette is the boss, although I'd like to see the camaro and vette design and engineering departments seperated enough that a performance variant of the camaro could come out that might be faster than the vette and GM wouldn't automatically edit it just to fit it's niche. I think no matter how much power they are putting out, the vette is going to attract a different group of customers.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:19 PM

This was a joke, right? I don't know how some people even find the "on" button for their computer...
Old 01-24-2003, 02:41 AM

I just picture some guy sitting at his computer, with a big caveman club in his right hand, banging on the computer desk while he's typing this. All while simutlaneously throwing fecal matter across the room with his left hand and typing by banging his nose on the keyboard.

Last edited by Pentatonic; 01-24-2003 at 02:44 AM.
Old 01-24-2003, 03:48 AM

LMAO. Perfectly said.

But anyways, anyone who reads and visits this board regularly would know the widespread impossibilities of that wish.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:43 AM

We are all now dumber for reading this post.

"Kids... this brings me to my second point, don't do drugs..."
Old 01-24-2003, 11:07 AM

I'm laughing with you, not at you.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:36 AM

Originally posted by Mikes25thAnnTA
We are all now dumber for reading this post.

"Kids... this brings me to my second point, don't do drugs..."
Well said, well said.

Quick Reply: why i dont like corvettes