Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

VE Ute pics!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 01:24 PM

which can haul more this thing or the ridgeline? i notice the ridge lines are becoming very popular around here.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by GRNcamaro
which can haul more this thing or the ridgeline? i notice the ridge lines are becoming very popular around here.
Good question. I can't find any towing information yet, I am sure it will come out shortly. But it does have 2 in bed storage compartments vs the Ridgeline's 1.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:36 PM

Don't like the green, also would love to see the Hard tonneau covers opposed to the canvas one.

Does anyone know if the Tray versions without IRS will be coming out?
Old 08-22-2007, 08:43 PM

Are they coming to America?
Old 08-22-2007, 08:45 PM

Without being officially announced the word is yes, they are going across the pond
Old 08-22-2007, 08:49 PM

The funny thing is, if they put that on chevy lots, it will blow away the corvette interior. Better keep 'em on opposite sides of the lot.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:57 PM

By what year will I be able to buy an LSx EL Camino SS?
Old 08-22-2007, 11:07 PM

It's coming, and I'm getting one.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by AnthonyHSV
Don't like the green, also would love to see the Hard tonneau covers opposed to the canvas one.

Available as an option

Does anyone know if the Tray versions without IRS will be coming out?

Dead silence on that question so far.

I also hear that no Crewman is currently planned, but I have my doubts about that.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by CaminoLS6
I also hear that no Crewman is currently planned, but I have my doubts about that.
I belive Anthony is talking about the One Tonne. It has a flat bed and SRA as opposed to the standard bed and IRS.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by 91_z28_4me
I belive Anthony is talking about the One Tonne. It has a flat bed and SRA as opposed to the standard bed and IRS.

Correct
Old 08-22-2007, 11:47 PM

I know he was talking about the One-tonner, That was what the "dead silence" part of my post was about.

I only want a Chevy version of the SSV or HSV Maloo, the others aren't for me.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by CaminoLS6
I know he was talking about the One-tonner, That was what the "dead silence" part of my post was about.

I only want a Chevy version of the SSV or HSV Maloo, the others aren't for me.
Yeah I was confused at first, your answer is hidden in the quote of my original response.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:57 AM

Yeah, I should have fixed that but I'd had a long day - my fault.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:31 PM

Exclamation

It never ceases to amaze me in some of the hypocracy that appears on this site at times.

Here we are on a Camaro website (of all places!), fans of a car that has very little practical reason for coming back. Corvette has the "Halo Car" end of Chevrolet covered, Cobalt SS has the cheap performance end covered, and Chevrolet is selling just peachy (actually reaching number 1) without GM coughing up extra money that it actually doesn't have to spare for a car that the last time it was around, sold so poorly that the low production Corvette had far more V8s shipped their way and the Monte Carlo was outselling it by almost 50%.

Yet.... there's a chorus of guys here who believe if something has a bed attached to the back of it, the thing's useless if it doesn't haul as much as a Silverado Z71 longbed or isn't at least "Ram Tough". Did you guys eat too much lead paint off of Chinese toys when you were kids or something???!

We're talking about a car that has a bed. It handles as good as a car because it is a car, not because it's pretending to be. It has a bed with enough capacity for me to move boxes, dressers, maybe even a dinning room set for the wife. Anyone who thinks a vehicle like this is for throwing into the bed & moving cinder blocks or heavy farming equptment is brain damaged.

This is the ultimate single guy's car. This is the ultimate manager's car. This is the ultimate car for anyone who needs to get the occasional couple of cases of liquor for the club, or does the emergency run to "Office Max" or "Staples", or the shop supervisor that needs to do that occasional parts run, or the guy or is starting off their apartment or has a girlfriend who frequents yard sales, and... at the same time... likes to go tear it up at the track on the weekends, grab-assing on curvy roads without worrying about ending wrongside up, or having something to pull into Spagos with a nice date that's a bit classier and head-turning than a pickup truck. This is the car for people like these who don't want or need to have a car and a pickup truck, but can use both.

If you actually haul large machinary or small buildings, you need a bigger truck just like if I need to regularly carry 4 adults, I'm going to buy a large sedan not a small coupe, but it would be ridiculous for me to tell everyone else they should buy a sedan. Same holds true comparing the El Camino with a large pickup (or even a Colorado).

As for a car like this being a "Mullet" or "Redneck" car, all I can say is this: "Hey! Ever hear of a thing called Camaro?!" If there is any car that deserves that rep, it's Camaro. However, anyone that takes more than a knat's lifespan thinking about this will realize that in both the Camaro and El Camino's instance, that reputation started because both vehicles were very cheap and plentiful as USED cars, many years after they were actually made. "Dukes of Hazzard" made the Dodge Charger the ultimate redneck car... but I don't see many driving the new Charger, so what exactly is your point??

Those who don't see the point of a new El Camino should renew their membership to Minivan Monthly, or SUV Life because Camaro is far less of a point in terms of utility.

Those who simply don't like the El Camino, it's perfectly alright. Simply don't buy one.

But to sit here and say it shouldn't exist because it's not rated to tow a fully fueled and ballasted 40 footer + trailer behind it or because you can't carry that Boeing 777 Pratt & Whitney PW4098 engine you happened to pick up at the site home with you in the cargo bed is pure nonsense.

Last edited by guionM; 08-23-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Quick Reply: VE Ute pics!