Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

So, I was at the NAIAS....

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 08:43 AM

So, I was at the NAIAS....

Here are a couple of my observations:
  • The GTO really does look much better than in pictures (Its really sharp), but damn its expensive.
  • The Malibu doesn't look that bad in person, surprisingly. Well, except that front end. Whoever's idea that chrome bar was should be shot.
  • The SS wasn't bad, but an interestingthing thing was that my wife - who absolutely hates everything GM makes - loved it.
  • Cadillac 16 - It wins. End of story.
  • Mustang - yes, it does look better in person as well, and when it is finally released will be a smash hit if Ford doesn't increase the cost too much. Second only to the 16.
  • New F150 - Nice. Very nice. This interior makes most truck interiors look like truck interiors. It will be the same price as current F150's. If ford doesn't botch the launch, look out...
  • Nissan Titan - Appears to be a real fullsize truck and a real competitor.
  • New Beetle Convertible - car works amazingly well as a convertible (okay, only if you are a chick or want to be one). Shame on VW for not bringing this car out sooner.
  • Ford 427 - those bozo's should replace the Crown Vic with this monster
  • Buick Centiemme and Chevy Cheyenne - did anyone there even notice these things?
  • Toyota Scions - I don't know whose going to buy these things. Looks like they are thinking "Gen Y" when they should be thinking "Why?"
  • Tomahawk - Never has there been an idea so dumb and so badass at the same time.

I would also like to add:

While I wasn't to impressed with the H2's interior, they seem to have nailed their demographic. There was some arrogant jerk sitting in the drivers seat talking on his cell phone and not letting anyone else get in the drivers seat, possibly fantasizing about riding somebody's *** in the left lane.

Last edited by WERM; 01-12-2003 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-12-2003, 08:59 AM

Our observations about the GTO and the Scions are the same as mine (we wern't graced with the other cars here in LA).

I had my teenage son with me when I went to the LA show (just a little shy of the age group the Scion is supposed to appeal to). He absolutely hated it. At least I thought it would make a decent Taxi.

He did like the GTO, the 2004 Grand Prix's interior, and still likes the old Grand Am. But he also liked the Escalade & thought a riced up Nissan at the show was pretty hot.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:46 AM

Good review.

The actual new mustang will look just a little different than the concept. No word on pricing.

And the price on the f150 might be increased about 800-1000 to cover costs.

I can't wait for the autoshow, I'm going wednesday.

Last edited by 2K1SunsetSS; 01-12-2003 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:31 PM

Buick Centiemme and Chevy Cheyenne - did anyone there even notice these things?
The Cheyenne was plenty good enough to win four show awards...

http://www.gm-trucks.com/cgi-bin/ib3...ST&f=8&t=14764

I love that truck, reminds me of my K5 Blazer!
Old 01-12-2003, 11:14 PM

Thumbs up Re: So, I was at the NAIAS....

Originally posted by WERM
New F150 - Nice. Very nice. This interior makes most truck interiors look like truck interiors. It will be the same price as current F150's. If ford doesn't botch the launch, look out...
Yeah, the first time I seen the F-150, I was like that's a nice looking truck.