Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Small GTO pic ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 05:17 PM

The rear spoiler would be ripped off before I even left the dealer lot , it wrecks the whole car . I'll reserve judgement till I see in GTO in person , but from that pic .....I like the much cleaner appearing Monaro better . I dunno why , but that lil pic of the GTO at a glance looks like a mitsu Lancer . Maybe its just the angle , or maybe its that eyesore spoiler , who knows
Old 12-27-2002, 05:18 PM

dax,

If the equinox is anything like the Saturn Vue (in which is buit on the same chassis) it should be a great SUV. I just bought my wife a 2003 v6 awd Vue and she absolutely loves it. Im surprised how well it handles and it does not feel top heavy at all and it drives pretty smooth since it is based on a car chassis rather then a truck one.

A fully loaded awd v6 satrun vue was under $25,000 so I would guess the chevy equinox should be about the same.
Old 12-27-2002, 06:30 PM

Originally posted by johnsocal
dax,

If the equinox is anything like the Saturn Vue (in which is buit on the same chassis) it should be a great SUV. I just bought my wife a 2003 v6 awd Vue and she absolutely loves it. Im surprised how well it handles and it does not feel top heavy at all and it drives pretty smooth since it is based on a car chassis rather then a truck one.

A fully loaded awd v6 satrun vue was under $25,000 so I would guess the chevy equinox should be about the same.
I actually went and looked at the VUE to get an idea of what the Equinox will be like. I didn't drive one, but I did sit in it. I have to say, for a compact-type SUV, it seemed pretty nice.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:11 PM

Originally posted by formula79
I have had those pictures for 3 weeks now..they are embargoed untill January 7th. It really pisses me off when I hold up on a scoupe and someone else breaks the rules to get it. I would have posted them if a good and powerful friend at GM made me promise not to. But yes that is the GTO show car..
That's why they call it a "scoop", and that's the advantage of doing this as a hobby without relying on "rules" to get information.

I'm really surprised that it pisses you off that someone else posted pictures of the GTO. If you get pictures before anyone else and can't post them, look at it as a personal favor someone did for you. But don't get miffed if someone not under the restrictions you may be beats you to the punch.

Not everyone needs a connection to powerful friends at GM to get good accurate information at GM..... or even pictures.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:29 AM

Here's some pix from a guy on www.clubgp.com , from the xXx DVD (they are TV screen shots):

http://community.webshots.com/album/58873001Milbpl

Here's the thread over there:

http://www.clubgp.com/forum/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=6438528

I like!
Old 12-30-2002, 07:43 AM

That TV should say the Grand Prix/Am is back instead of GTO. Even the owners of the cars are saying it. Wheres the DOH smilie?!

That car doesn't say musclecar at all IMO.
Old 12-30-2002, 08:13 AM

Unhappy

I have to agree that the front end looks very similar to a mid-late 90's Grand Am.

Jeff
Old 12-30-2002, 09:02 AM

Arrrrgh !!! I have to disagree with all of you and state that the front end comes from - HERE !!!!