Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Saturn aspires to be thought of as VW.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 11:47 PM

Saturn aspires to be thought of as VW.

http://www.saturnfans.com/Cars/Futur...tyling04.shtml
Old 03-09-2004, 09:46 AM

General Motors design chief Ed Welburn told the Detroit Free Press earlier this week that Saturn's Kappa-base roadster will share interior – but not exterior – styling cues with the Curve concept car. The rear-wheel-drive vehicle won't look like the Saturn SKY concept from two years ago either. So what can Saturn fans expect? "We really have to crank up the sex appeal of the Saturn product line. We can and we will," GM vice chairman Bob Lutz told Automotive News in January. The production version of the Curve will be nothing less than "a game-changer for Saturn," he said to the Detroit Free Press.
Ya know, my only hang up with the Solstice (so far) is that it's a convertible instead of a coupe. My hang up with the Saturn Curve was it's exterior looked like a Buick throwaway design.

If the Saturn Curve coupe looks great & has a well designed interior (that seems to be becoming the norm with Kappa cars), I will have to give the Curve a hard look.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:45 PM

I'm anxious to see what Saturn comes up with. I didn't care for the Curve's appearance, but maybe this Kappa based roadster will appeal to me.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:21 PM

Originally posted by guionM
Ya know, my only hang up with the Solstice (so far) is that it's a convertible instead of a coupe.
i am convinced that there will be a solstice coupe. everything i ever hear about that car, they compare it to the miata. the miata comes out in coupe form soon(i think) so shouldnt they do the same to teh solstice?
Old 03-09-2004, 11:56 PM

GM is like the easily influenced kid in school that tries to be like the cool kids and does whatever they do and sucks up to them.

Saturn should be like Saturn. If I wanted a VW I'd buy one.

Cadillac should make a name for themselves by being original and making quality distinctive products, not trying to be like BMW or something European.

Same with the rest of the brands.