Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Running on fumes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 01:24 PM

Re: Running on fumes?

Originally Posted by SCNGENNFTHGEN
Lol...I never said y'all were part of it, merely that y'all are paid well enough not to care or even notice a whole bunch of B.S. we are sold...
So we are 4 years later, what was the outcome?
Old 08-24-2018, 12:05 PM

Also Tom Ogle U.S. Patent #4,177,779 filed 7/20/1977. He was destroyed by our lovely governement, and GM whom also owns rights to a similar patent but will NOT bring it to market. Stanley Meyer tried with water. There is nobody who will bring this to market, and survive. Much the same as all the Tesla tried to bring US. It is truly amazing that Americans don't care to save on their fuel bill or simply continue to believe EVERYTHING this cabal tells yall...Amazing...!!! How does the sand taste folks...?????
Old 08-24-2018, 03:19 PM

Let's talk about the science of the situation and leave all of the conspiracy theory out of the equation for a moment.

Based on stoichiometry, fuel and air create a combustion when sparked between 12-15 parts fuel to 1 part air. The lower the number, the richer the fuel mixture, the higher the number the leaner the fuel mixture. Liquid fuel is atomized by the injector/carburetor into a vapor then mixed with air in the combustion chamber. Hopefully we can agree on at least these points.

In light reading about the idea of running on vapor, I am not seeing anything to suggest that the composition of fuel be changed, and thus my interpretation of the premise is that you can lower the volume of fuel going into the engine to gain fuel economy, while not impacting performance. For the sake of argument, lets define performance as a balance between miles per gallon and power.

See fuel stoichiometry for explanations on the math related to air/fuel ratio. Fuel stoichiometry shows that in either the event of too much or too little fuel, combustion cannot occur. This dictates that there are limits of how far the fuel curve and be pushed in either direction. Notice in the diagram, in the aforementioned link, where as the air fuel ratio is leaned, fuel economy goes up, but power decreases. Also note that as the fuel mixture moves towards 15, that the fuel economy decreases, which is attributed to lower power causing the engine have to work harder for the same output as when the air/fuel ratio was .

So, if the fuel is not changed, and combustion cannot happen below 12ish and above 15ish AFR, what is being done differently in a vapor run engine that can elevate an engine producing 30 MPG to over 100 MPG? The idea that lowering the air/fuel mixture below 14, would some how produce 2-10 times the fuel economy than when at 14.1 is counter intuitive and unless I am missing something, mathematically inaccurate.

To address the conspiracy topic, electric cars are starting to become much more common in the market, why was that idea not buried by the cabal? If GM had some patent on an engine that could viably produce 2-10 times the fuel economy, they would have created their own cars on it and dominated the automotive market. The money in that would far outweigh any payments to not produce it. Let's not forget that GM was bailed out in 2008, so there wasn't some cash cow of money they had for holding back fuel economy. Even if that was the case that they were, what about foreign cars? What is holding their companies back?
Old 08-24-2018, 06:51 PM

#1 No one is a more diehard GM guy than myself, I supported bailing them. Didn't support bailingvthe crooked banks or ins. Companies. #2. About foreign car companies the only thing I care to see them do is leave this country, and or be subjected to massive tariffs the likes that my boy Donny won't even do. I don't care for ANY of them it's all junk, I could care less about. #3. It work, I've done it. I am not a scientist I am simply a mechanic. My point is that not a single one of y'all who aren't the least bit interested in saving money lives in a shed. You're all loaded and haven't been paid well enough not to care or notice how much the district of Criminals have billed you all, all of your lives. When you are living well and compensated for all they steal from you, you simply don't notice these things or care that our people are killed over these technologies. We should not be paying for electricity even, but again when you're paid well enough you simply don't care about the little people.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by SCNGENNFTHGEN
#1 No one is a more diehard GM guy than myself, I supported bailing them. Didn't support bailingvthe crooked banks or ins. Companies. #2. About foreign car companies the only thing I care to see them do is leave this country, and or be subjected to massive tariffs the likes that my boy Donny won't even do. I don't care for ANY of them it's all junk, I could care less about. #3. It work, I've done it. I am not a scientist I am simply a mechanic. My point is that not a single one of y'all who aren't the least bit interested in saving money lives in a shed. You're all loaded and haven't been paid well enough not to care or notice how much the district of Criminals have billed you all, all of your lives. When you are living well and compensated for all they steal from you, you simply don't notice these things or care that our people are killed over these technologies. We should not be paying for electricity even, but again when you're paid well enough you simply don't care about the little people.
Unfortunately there isn't anything useful in this post to proving or disproving anything. Hopefully you will take another stab, but if it's going to be more like this, you shouldn't bother.