Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Quality issues w/ the 03 Cobra's already?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 03:09 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by INTENSS:
I believe the intelligent majority of us realize that all manufacturers have problems from time to time.
</font>
Yes, that would explain why IZ and Hugger don't get it...
Old 06-10-2002, 03:47 AM

Oh I get it alright. But its just fact that F**ds quality isn't up there with GM and that they have more recalls and things. And I'm plenty intelligent when it comes to things here and cars.

[This message has been edited by IZ28 (edited June 10, 2002).]
Old 06-10-2002, 07:31 AM

Red face

I'll reserve judgement until I hear similar stories rather than just one supposed instance.... but still....
Old 06-10-2002, 08:34 AM

look i am a gm guy all the way but they all have problems. caddy also (pos catera-cts) the difference is gm builds 10times the body styles as ford. 1 taurus = monte carlo-grandprix-regal-saturn-olds-etc thats why ford sells more of one model they have less to offer.btw my wife works at a ford dealer and had a 91.lx 5.0 coupe and a 95gt convert when i met her she now drives a grandprix gt and the only car she likes that ford builds is the mustang but she thinks the next body style is fugly. ps we drove a gt convert that was won at her dealership that they did not want (4 kids)we could have had that 30k car new for 21k we did not but it she bought me a 2k firehawk that was traded there 2 mos later and this car is a much better car overall. and we only gave 17k for it!!!

------------------
00bluehawk111
Old 06-10-2002, 04:40 PM

*cough* 99 Cobra *cough* Bullitt Mustang *cough* Explorer *cough* Focus *cough* 2003 Mustang Cobra - history repeating itself? Hmm, could be....

------------------
'95 Camaro Z28 A4
Oynx Black, 3.23 gears, T-tops, RKSport CA-300 ground effects, 17X9.5" polished 2000 C5 wheels on P275/40R17 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A rubber, Flowmaster 80 Series exhaust with chrome rolled edge quad tips, aftermarket two-tone leather seats (got the original cloth ones recovered), "diamond clear" clear corners, blackouts on taillights, chrome CAMARO letters on rear and "chrome" painted Z28 logos (looks like shiny silver) and vents on the hood, 97+ Camaro console, interior changed from Light Gray to Dark Gray.
My Camaro webpage

First, check Brent's Appearance Guide then check
SuperDave's supplement Appearance Mods pics for more 4th gen F-Body pics.

[This message has been edited by SuperDave479 (edited June 10, 2002).]
Old 06-10-2002, 05:34 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SuperDave479:
*cough* 99 Cobra *cough* Bullitt Mustang *cough* Explorer *cough* Focus *cough* 2003 Mustang Cobra - history repeating itself? Hmm, could be....

</font>
*cough* Your corny? I guess u forgot about LT1 optispark,leaking exhaust manifolds, Ls1 oil usage, early clutch problems, bending pushrods. Only problem is Gm didnt have recalls for them, u had to go in yourself and luckily still have a warranty.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:17 PM

Exclamation

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bob Cosby:
Read the response from "EBLU-BY-U" (a Z06 owner) in this thread...

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...7&pagenumber=3

....moral? It is an unfortunate occurance that can happen to any car, of any make, and of any year....even those that cost $50k.
</font>
On a slightly different but in this case related subject, Harrison Pontiac has 2 Collector edition Firebird TransAms. The cheapest of the 2 (t-top) was going for $45,000!

If Cobras are going for "only" $3000 over sticker (as someone in that thread mentions), compared to what Pontiac dealers are doing ($10,000 over sticker), that's a bargain.

Old 06-10-2002, 07:18 PM

I hope this is an isolated problem! However, I do have to say that the reason I will NEVER own a Ford product again is the warranty problems I had with my 97 F150. It had SEVERE piston slap and Ford told the dealer they weren't going to warranty it. I've only owned 4 new vehicles in the past 10 years, 3 GM's and 1 Ford and the Ford was the biggest POS ever.

Before all my warranty problems I was going to purchase a 99 Cobra...good thing I didn't do that;-)

All vehicles are going to have problems but doesn't it seem that the newer Fords have had more than their share?
Old 06-10-2002, 07:46 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SuperDave479:

</font>
*cough*there's nothing wrong with the bullitt,owners that have dynoed their cars are getting around 275HP*cough*it was a great success and it got incredible reviews from every car mag that tested it*cough*if you ever drove one you'd get it,oops,probably not*cough*

------------------
'99 Mustang coupe
'97 Miata
Old 06-10-2002, 08:04 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IZ28:
Oh I get it alright. But its just fact that F**ds quality isn't up there with GM and that they have more recalls and things. And I'm plenty intelligent when it comes to things here and cars.
</font>
If you went to the NHTSA website and browsed their database as Snorman suggested, you probably wouldn't make such idiotic and ignorant statements.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:09 AM

Whatever, LOL.

[This message has been edited by IZ28 (edited June 11, 2002).]
Old 06-11-2002, 03:26 AM

Your best statement yet.
Old 06-11-2002, 03:12 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Derek Smalls:
Originally posted by SuperDave479:

</font>
*cough*there's nothing wrong with the bullitt,owners that have dynoed their cars are getting around 275HP*cough*it was a great success and it got incredible reviews from every car mag that tested it*cough*if you ever drove one you'd get it,oops,probably not*cough*

Hmm, you only commented on the Bullitt and I saw the reviews, they weren't exactly "incredible" and if you love them so much, why do you own a 99 Mustang coupe?
Old 06-11-2002, 04:06 PM

Wink

Let me guess. This is going to revert into another one of those bash Mustang threads?
Old 06-11-2002, 06:01 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by guionM:
Let me guess. This is going to revert into another one of those bash Mustang threads? </font>

I certainly shouldn't be. Let the car stand on it's own merits.

There are lots of assemblies and sub-assemblies in cars. One car needing attention is not a trend by any means.

If the car is that good it will show it. GM has not left the arena and prematurely downing a model doesn't make a lot of sense from as classy a group of owners as GM owners are.

[This message has been edited by 1fastdog (edited June 11, 2002).]

Quick Reply: Quality issues w/ the 03 Cobra's already?!?