Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Pontiac G6 beats out Toyota Camry and Honda Accord in 2005 total quality.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 08:30 AM

Pontiac G6 beats out Toyota Camry and Honda Accord in 2005 total quality.

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article....&src=LP%20utes

"Several of GM's new models beat the competition from Toyota and Honda—the Pontiac G6 was listed as the top Medium Car over the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord, while the Buick Rainier was tops in the Medium SUV segment. "

Since G6 shares a lot of Mechanics with the Malibu I expect it to be very reliable. Malibu has been rated as/more reliable than the Accord for the last few years. I'd rather have the G6 over a Malibu, Camry, or Accord. It is much nicer looking and has 3 more engines (4cyl.,GTP,GXP) and 2 more body styles coming out.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:43 AM

Re: Pontiac G6 beats out Toyota Camry and Honda Accord in 2005 total quality.

Impressive. Way to go GM.

I'm not going to put too much stock into this, though - all I keep hearing about is GM doing excellent in initial quality surveys. I want to see how they hold up after the first 90 days of ownership since I like to own cars for more than just 3 months.

I can tell you I have 3 friends with 03+ Honda Accords asd all have been VERY impressive to me from a quality and reliability standpoint.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:27 AM

I'm growing to like the G6 alot more. The lines are very clean with none of the tack add-ons that plagued Pontiac for years. If the qualty and performance are there, what's not to like?
Old 05-25-2005, 10:41 AM

That's what I've been telling people on here for awhile...what's not to like? The style is clean, the quality is there, those who want that sharper edge will gravitate to the GTP and GXP models, the coupe is a knockout IMO, the convertible will hopefully eat Chrysler and the other competitors for breakfast, so...

What's not to like?
Old 05-25-2005, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jason E
That's what I've been telling people on here for awhile...what's not to like? The style is clean, the quality is there, those who want that sharper edge will gravitate to the GTP and GXP models, the coupe is a knockout IMO, the convertible will hopefully eat Chrysler and the other competitors for breakfast, so...

What's not to like?
I want the new Impala/Aura stereo The GTP version should be sweet.

Last edited by Z28x; 05-25-2005 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:52 AM

Go Pontiac!!! I've been a Chevy fan all my life, but I really like some of Pontiacs vehicles right now. Eliminate the Rebadges and keep up the good work!!!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:56 AM

This is great publicity for GM for once
Old 05-25-2005, 12:29 PM

I think the G6 is a sweet car. Clean lines, and it catches your eye. Great to know that the quality is there as well. Way to go GM.

Dan
Old 05-25-2005, 09:14 PM

GM REALLY needs to get this information out. Buy commericals that feature it. The consumer needs to be weaned off of the "GM is crap, imports are more reliable" press garbage.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Birdman7389
GM REALLY needs to get this information out. Buy commericals that feature it. The consumer needs to be weaned off of the "GM is crap, imports are more reliable" press garbage.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jason E
those who want that sharper edge will gravitate to the GTP and GXP models
GXP?
Old 05-25-2005, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Threxx
I can tell you I have 3 friends with 03+ Honda Accords asd all have been VERY impressive to me from a quality and reliability standpoint.
Having a two year old car with good reliability isn't really saying much. If a car starts falling apart after two years of ownership then there's something very wrong.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Meccadeth
Having a two year old car with good reliability isn't really saying much. If a car starts falling apart after two years of ownership then there's something very wrong.
Wow... you took the words right out of my mouth. So what is this 90 days crap?!?

All I hear about now is GM moving up in the 90 day initial quality surveys! My god. Does everyone here sell their cars after 90 days? Pretty much every GM vehicle I've had experience with was fine off the dealership lot. It was long after that before it became a frustrating experience, but long before you would expect a modern day car to be ready to be 'retired'.

Anyhow... my point is that everything I've heard from this lounge in JD Power studies in 90 day initial defects. Show me past 90 days, show me something other than JD power. This is a start in a good direction for GM, but it's not the second coming... not yet.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Threxx
Wow... you took the words right out of my mouth. So what is this 90 days crap?!?

All I hear about now is GM moving up in the 90 day initial quality surveys! My god. Does everyone here sell their cars after 90 days? Pretty much every GM vehicle I've had experience with was fine off the dealership lot. It was long after that before it became a frustrating experience, but long before you would expect a modern day car to be ready to be 'retired'.

Anyhow... my point is that everything I've heard from this lounge in JD Power studies in 90 day initial defects. Show me past 90 days, show me something other than JD power. This is a start in a good direction for GM, but it's not the second coming... not yet.
So then what does it say about the cars below the G6 in this case (Camery and Accord)? Obviously that they have poorer quality in these first 90 days were supposedly it is sooo easy to have good quality.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:17 AM

What is the difference btetween the G6 GTP and GXP?
Didnt even know there was going to be a GXP?

When is the GXP coming out?

Quick Reply: Pontiac G6 beats out Toyota Camry and Honda Accord in 2005 total quality.