Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Please Read!!response From Gm E-mail!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 08:25 PM

Beginning to sound like form letter responses... that is not a good think.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:36 PM

heres mine

Dear Jamie Simmons,

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We
appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to Chevrolet
Camaro discontinuation concern.

We apologize for the disappointment expressed in your email and want
you to know that a number of Chevrolet Camaro owners and enthusiasts have
expressed their fondness for this vehicle.

However, on September 25, 2001 General Motors Corporation announced
that 2002 would be the last model year for the Chevrolet Camaro and
Pontiac Firebird. Due to the decrease in demand for the sport segments, this
decision was unavoidable.

Although Camaro and Firebird have always had focused appeal, both Chevy
and Pontiac will continue the tradition of providing performance
vehicles with high value.

GM will continue to support the millions of Camaro and Firebird/Trans
Am owners with replacement parts, reproduction parts, accessories and
technical support through its Service Parts Organization.
GM has stated previously that the company is committed to continue
operation of the Ste. Therese, Quebec, plant through the term of the
current Canadian Auto Workers contract that expires in fall 2002.

At this time, no product has been assigned to the plant after that
date, but GM continues to study possible options. Nothing has changed
concerning GM's production plans for the Camaro and Firebird.

In fact, 2002 special editions of the Camaro and Firebird are available
at your local dealer

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this
message or call our Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at
1-800-222-1020. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday
from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time. The service request number
is 1-196933707.

Again, thank you for contacting Chevrolet.

Sincerely,

Brandi Johnson
Customer Relationship Manager
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center

Old 03-10-2004, 10:25 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally posted by jg95z28
Beginning to sound like form letter responses... that is not a good think.

uhmmmm.....trust me.......don't think that just because it's a form letter that we're ignoring them.

Understand that we simply do not have time to individually "hand write" or "custom write" a letter to each customer when there is a barrage of email on the same subject......no business does.

be assured you are being heard. Your thoughts have been expressed by thousands........trust me...the letters have been coming in for three years now. Furthermore, on autoshow feedback reports, the issue of "When are you bringing the Camaro back" is always at the top of the comments section.

Last edited by Fbodfather; 03-10-2004 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:31 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

I might also add that CamaroZ28.com has had a 'Save the Fbody" section for, I believe, 5 years. I spent TWO nights printing out the entire contents....each 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper had about 3 notes on it............and the pile was IMPRESSIVE........it stands about 2 and a half feet tall........and I printed it out in 2000!!!

I've used this pile of paper to illustrate the point several times...............it's being kept save in my file cabinets.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:53 PM

Mine is a little different.

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to the Chevrolet Camaro.

General Motors announced that it would begin phasing out the Chevrolet Camaro. The term phase out is very important. GM will continue to produce Chevrolet products for the near future. Below are some frequently asked questions. If your specific question is not answered, please contact the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 800-442-6537. A group of specialty managers will be able to address your concern. Question: Why has General Motors made this decision to phase out the Chevrolet Camaro? Answer: General Motors has made this difficult decision at this time because of a variety of factors. Over the past few months the automotive market has changed dramatically and faster than anyone anticipated. This decision is difficult, but the management at GM feels strongly that it is the right course of action in order to sustain and strengthen our remaining portfolio of brands. General Motors' Customer Assistance Centers will also work individually with owners to resolve issues, concerns, or problems. We want to stress that every Chevrolet Camaro owner is a valued member of the GM family. That means they will be supported by one of the largest and most responsive customer care networks in the industry, along with the largest network of franchised dealers in the business.

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this message or call our Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-222-1020. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

Adrian Williams
Old 03-11-2004, 07:52 AM

Originally posted by Red Planet
Furthermore, on autoshow feedback reports, the issue of "When are you bringing the Camaro back" is always at the top of the comments section.

I've been sure to say that at each auto show I've gone too... glad to see it, too, is being counted!
Old 03-11-2004, 02:48 PM

I got much of the same

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate your owning of a 1996 Chevrolet Camaro. We also appreciate it when loyal and dedicated customers such as yourself send us their feedback and comments. We apologize for the disappointment you expressed in your email and want you to know that a number of Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird owners and enthusiasts have expressed their fondness for these vehicles.

John Middlebrook, GM vice president and general manager vehicle brand marketing and corporate advertising said GM is celebrating both cars' significance as American Muscle Car icons in 2002. "The Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird have truly become an integral part of American culture over the years. We certainly appreciate the strong passion and emotions that our customers have for these vehicles and we were pleased to have celebrated with the 35th Anniversary Edition Camaro and a Collector Edition Firebird Trans Am.

However, on September 25, 2001 General Motors Corporation announced that 2002 would be the last model year for the Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird. Due to the decrease in demand for the sport segments, this decision was unavoidable.

Although Camaro and Firebird have always had focused appeal, both Chevrolet and Pontiac will continue the tradition of providing performance vehicles with high value. Chevrolet has introduced the SSR. Pontiac has continued to offer excitement with the performance powertrains, which has included the supercharged Grand Prix GTP, Bonneville SSE and the 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT.

GM will continue to support the millions of Camaro and Firebird/Trans Am owners with replacement parts, reproduction parts, accessories and technical support through its Service Parts Organization.

GM has stated previously that the company is committed to continue operation of the Ste. Therese, Quebec, plant through the term of the current Canadian Auto Workers contract that expires in fall 2002.

At this time, no product has been assigned to the plant after that date, but GM continues to study possible options. Nothing has changed concerning GM's production plans for the Camaro and Firebird.

Sincerely,

J.K. Martin
Old 03-11-2004, 03:03 PM

I got the same response, and i am beginning to think these were written two years ago

GM has stated previously that the company is committed to continue operation of the Ste. Therese, Quebec, plant through the term of the current Canadian Auto Workers contract that expires in fall 2002.

In fact, 2002 special editions of the Camaro and Firebird are available at your local dealer
The bold area implies that it was written b4 they stopped production, note "expires" not "expired"

Kinda interesting that they made it like that.

I have no doubt they aare reading this as this was the top of my response:
We apologize for the disappointment expressed in your email and want you to know that a number of Chevrolet Camaro owners and enthusiasts have expressed their fondness for this vehicle.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:26 AM

I tried going to the link posted in the original post and got this:

We're sorry, but we were unable to locate the page you wish to access. This may be due to high traffic volume or an error in the address. Please recheck the address and, if you believe it is correct, click RELOAD on the browser. Or click here here to visit chevy.com, and be sure to bookmark it for quick and easy access in the future

LMAO!

We overloaded their server.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:48 AM

While these are formletter "boilerpletes, " it is obvious that they are individually written in response to your comments.

While I don't know as to how much information is being transcribed to the various departments, do remember to let "The General" know no only your support and enthusiasm, BUT WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE THEM TO PRODUCE!

Not just a 2+2 RWD V8, but tell them how unimportant (or important, I guess) things like On Star and fold-out cupholders are, and how important things like traction control, recessed windshield wipers and T-Tops are!

Look at your current vehicle - be critical, in a constructive way, and maybe mention those "little" annoyances like the lack of line inputs on the audio systems and temperature gauges that don't read the actual temperature, and (ya' know, those are my only complaints I can think of now - Pretty Damn good if you ask me, GM!) well, so you won't have those complaints in future product!
Old 03-12-2004, 11:22 AM

My response was a bit different

My letter:

Please forward the following message to Product Chairman Bob Lutz.
I am writing this letter to convey my concerns to General Motors and the Chevrolet motor division on my feelings about the Camaro Brand. When I turned 16 and was ready to purchase my first car I only had one vehicle on my mind; The Chevrolet Camaro. At a young age when I first began to notice individual cars on the road the Camaro stuck out to me. The Camaro smooth sexy styling and aggressive performance is enough to drive a teenager wild. Then I realized its rich history. I knew I had to have one. Since my purchase my 1995 Camaro over 5 years ago it has become a member of the family. I will never sell it, only restore it. I truly am a Camaro enthusiast and it now hurts me personally to see that Ford is continually offering the Mustang Brand while GM sits out of the value performance segment. It excites me to see GM returning its aim towards rear wheel drive and powerful efficient V8 power cars. I truly think you hit the head on the nail with the new Corvette. But like the Corvette the Camaro name has become a tradition to many American car fans; one of the quintessential American sports cars. With the new wave of rear wheel drive cars aimed for production towards the end of this decade please keep in mind the importance of the Camaro name. I will be in the market to purchase a new vehicle around 2008. The return of the Camaro name and its traditional formula will greatly determine my choice of purchase. Please don’t force me to buy a Mustang. I have faith GM will do the right thing and continue the rich tradition of Camaro. Thank you for your time.
My Response:

Dear Mr. Mullins,

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to the reintroduction of the Chevrolet Camaro.

We have forwarded your comments to the Chevrolet Brand Management Team for their review. Chevrolet's plans for the future are exciting. We wish we could share those plans with you, but it is traditional in the automotive industry to keep all details confidential until the public announcement is made.

We suggest that you visit our Website often for updates and the latest information on current and upcoming vehicles.

Our goal here at the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center is complete customer satisfaction. If you feel that we have not achieved this goal, please e-mail us again and advise if there is anything more we can do to make you a satisfied GM customer. When writing back please refer to your request number S1-197571631.

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this message or call our Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-222-1020. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

Rafiat Jimoh
Old 03-12-2004, 06:42 PM

I like that response
Old 03-12-2004, 08:09 PM

Heres what I got, they apologize for my disappointment....Well than bring the car back, very easy answer...Actaully I know its really not that easy...

Dear Mr. Kacys,

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We
appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to Chevrolet Camaro
discontinuation concern.

We apologize for the disappointment expressed in your email and want you to know
that a number of Chevrolet Camaro owners and enthusiasts have expressed their
fondness for this vehicle.

However, on September 25, 2001 General Motors Corporation announced that 2002
would be the last model year for the Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird. Due
to the decrease in demand for the sport segments, this decision was unavoidable.

Although Camaro and Firebird have always had focused appeal, both Chevy and
Pontiac will continue the tradition of providing performance vehicles with high
value.

GM will continue to support the millions of Camaro and Firebird/Trans Am owners
with replacement parts, reproduction parts, accessories and technical support
through its Service Parts Organization.
GM has stated previously that the company is committed to continue operation of
the Ste. Therese, Quebec, plant through the term of the current Canadian Auto
Workers contract that expires in fall 2002.

At this time, no product has been assigned to the plant after that date, but GM
continues to study possible options. Nothing has changed concerning GM's
production plans for the Camaro and Firebird.

In fact, 2002 special editions of the Camaro and Firebird are available at your
local dealer.

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this message or
call our Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-222-1020. Customer
Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to
11:00 p.m., Eastern Time. The service request number is 1-197662413.

Sincerely,

Brandi Johnson
Old 03-13-2004, 12:45 AM

They'd better hurry, a lot of GM faithful, myself included are running to DCX and Ford! Heaven forbid.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:40 AM

That was at least a somewhat good e-mail back.

Quick Reply: Please Read!!response From Gm E-mail!!!