Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Please Read!!response From Gm E-mail!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 12:24 PM

Exclamation Please Read!!response From Gm E-mail!!!

Dear Mr. Bazar,

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We
appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to the Camaro.

We apologize for the disappointment expressed in your email and want
you to know that a number of Chevrolet Camaro owners and enthusiasts have
expressed their fondness for this vehicle.

However, on September 25, 2001 General Motors Corporation announced
that 2002 would be the last model year for the Chevrolet Camaro and
Pontiac Firebird. Due to the decrease in demand for the sport segments, this
decision was unavoidable.

Although Camaro and Firebird have always had focused appeal, both Chevy
and Pontiac will continue the tradition of providing performance
vehicles with high value.

GM will continue to support the millions of Camaro and Firebird/Trans
Am owners with replacement parts, reproduction parts, accessories and
technical support through its Service Parts Organization.

In regards to the future, I must say that emails such as yours
definitely help the cause. If the customer demand grows again, it would be
difficult to not bring back the Camaro. So I would recommend having those
you know with similar sentiment voice their opinion as well. Your
email has been documented under file number 1-196632965.

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this
message or call our Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at
1-800-222-1020. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday
from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Again, thank you for contacting Chevrolet.

Sincerely,

Adam Groat
Customer Relationship Manager
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center

For more information regarding the maintenance and care of your
vehicle, please visit www.chevrolet.com/owners. This free online service
offers vehicle and ownership-related information and tools tailored to your
specific Chevrolet.

#Subject=RE: I am a current owner

I thought that this was kinda important so I thought I would post it as a seperate thread to make sure no one missed it.
I assume that all of our e-mails are being documented which is a good thing. Also I guess, keep those e-mails coming. Spread the word!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 12:49 PM

Sweet!
Old 03-10-2004, 12:57 PM

Thumbs up

I like this part!

In regards to the future, I must say that emails such as yours
definitely help the cause. If the customer demand grows again, it would be
difficult to not bring back the Camaro. So I would recommend having those
you know with similar sentiment voice their opinion as well.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:24 PM

I thought this was the most encouraging response we have gotten yet!!
Old 03-10-2004, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by Darth Xed
I like this part!

Me too!
Old 03-10-2004, 02:49 PM

i got the same email
Old 03-10-2004, 02:51 PM

Heres Mine:
Dear Ms. Ivey,

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to Chevrolet Camaro compliment.

We appreciate your positive comments and are glad to learn of your satisfaction with your 1995 Chevrolet Camaro. Chevrolet has always prided itself on building quality products. We are glad you have found this to be true! We appreciate the feedback we receive from our customers. Your input is vital to Chevrolet as we look ahead to production of future models. We are happy to have you in our family, and we hope to continue serving you in the years ahead!

Ms. Ivey, our goal at Chevrolet is Customer Satisfaction. If you feel we haven't provided complete customer satisfaction, please email me again and reference your service request number 1-196302170 related to your concern.

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this message or call our Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-222-1020. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

Brandi Johnson

For more information regarding the maintenance and care of your vehicle, please visit www.chevrolet.com/owners. This free online service offers vehicle and ownership-related information and tools tailored to your specific Chevrolet.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:57 PM

Here is mine

Dear Mr. Stiles,

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to the discontinuation of the Chevrolet Camaro.

We apologize for the disappointment expressed in your email and want you to know that a number of Chevrolet Camaro owners and enthusiasts have expressed their fondness for this vehicle.

However, on September 25, 2001 General Motors Corporation announced that 2002 would be the last model year for the Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird. Due to the decrease in demand for the sport segments, this decision was unavoidable.

Although Camaro and Firebird have always had focused appeal, both Chevy and Pontiac will continue the tradition of providing performance vehicles with high value.

GM will continue to support the millions of Camaro and Firebird/Trans Am owners with replacement parts, reproduction parts, accessories and technical support through its Service Parts Organization.
GM has stated previously that the company is committed to continue operation of the Ste. Therese, Quebec, plant through the term of the current Canadian Auto Workers contract that expires in fall 2002.

At this time, no product has been assigned to the plant after that date, but GM continues to study possible options. Nothing has changed concerning GM's production plans for the Camaro and Firebird.

In fact, 2002 special editions of the Camaro and Firebird are available at your local dealer

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this message or call our Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-222-1020 and reference request number 1-196930816. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

Marsha Oates
Old 03-10-2004, 03:16 PM

Talking

Mine:

Dear Mr. Almeida,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and for your suggestion on the
Chevrolet Camaro! We thank you for your suggestion. We at GM take all
suggestions from our customers seriously and yours will be taken into
consideration on future production.

If you have any additional questions or would like to receive product
information on any of our other vehicles, you may write back or contact
our Chevrolet Marketing Support at 1-800-950-2438, between 8:00am -
11:00pm Eastern time, seven days per week. Thank you for contacting
Chevrolet!

Sincerely,

------------------------------

Chevrolet Marketing Support

It appears to be working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 03:23 PM

Mine is similar.

Dear Korry Berger,

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to the Chevrolet Camaro.

We apologize for the disappointment expressed in your email and want you to know that a number of Chevrolet Camaro owners and enthusiasts have expressed their fondness for this vehicle.

However, on September 25, 2001 General Motors Corporation announced that 2002 would be the last model year for the Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird. Due to the decrease in demand for the sport segments, this decision was unavoidable.

Although Camaro and Firebird have always had focused appeal, both Chevy and Pontiac will continue the tradition of providing performance vehicles with high value.

GM will continue to support the millions of Camaro and Firebird/Trans Am owners with replacement parts, reproduction parts, accessories and technical support through its Service Parts Organization.
GM has stated previously that the company is committed to continue operation of the Ste. Therese, Quebec, plant through the term of the current Canadian Auto Workers contract that expires in fall 2002.

At this time, no product has been assigned to the plant after that date, but GM continues to study possible options. Nothing has changed concerning GM's production plans for the Camaro and Firebird.

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this message or call our Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-222-1020 and refer to request number 1-196738673. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

Tyrel Jones
Old 03-10-2004, 05:32 PM

ditto..
Old 03-10-2004, 06:25 PM

Originally posted by doctor420

In fact, 2002 special editions of the Camaro and Firebird are available at your local dealer
Huh? I can still get a brand new '02 Camaro? Where?
Old 03-10-2004, 06:26 PM

There is a dealer here with 3 of them last time I checked (~2 weeks ago)
Old 03-10-2004, 08:03 PM

Heres mine...

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate your owning of a 2001 Chevrolet Camaro. We also appreciate it when loyal and dedicated customers such as yourself send us their feedback and comments.

We certainly appreciate the passion that our customers have for these cars and we're pleased to have celebrated with the 35th Anniversary Edition Camaro and a Collector Edition Firebird Trans Am.

Although Camaro and Firebird have always had focused appeal, both Chevrolet and Pontiac will continue the tradition of providing performance vehicles with high value. Chevrolet has introduced the SSR.

Although Camaro and Firebird have always had focused appeal, both Chevrolet and Pontiac will continue the tradition of providing performance vehicles with high value. Chevrolet has introduced the SSR. Pontiac has continued to offer excitement with performance powertrains, which has included the supercharged Grand Prix GTP, Bonneville SSE and the 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT.

We have created a computer request with the information you provided. Your request number is 1-196738219. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you need further assistance, and please reference your request number.

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this message or call our Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-222-1020. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

Joanie Martin
Old 03-10-2004, 08:21 PM

It's really not worth posting - but mine was pretty much similar to those......

Quick Reply: Please Read!!response From Gm E-mail!!!