Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

No Cobalt SS sedan for 2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:51 PM

No Cobalt SS sedan for 2010

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/07/b...edan-for-2010/
Old 05-07-2009, 08:51 PM

or HHR Panel SS..or STS-V or G6 GXP
Old 05-07-2009, 09:00 PM

This shouldn't come as a surprise as GM announced last year they got rid fo their special vehicle group.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:15 PM

i love the subtleness of the sedan....total sleeper imo.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:28 PM

I always thought that these sport models where good money makers.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:51 PM

an ss sedan? it won't be missed...
Old 05-08-2009, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by jmsjags
an ss sedan? it won't be missed...
Yeah, just like the Impala SS. Nobody misses those.... right? Idiot.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by V8 Slayer
or HHR Panel SS..or STS-V or G6 GXP
the HHR panel I actually liked..the SS made it more appealing..a little hot rod shop parts hauler..

The question is they did good performance wise but how did they do slaes wise?
Old 05-08-2009, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by mudbone
i sure don't. the new impala's a shadow of its former self. but there also isn't a 2-door version of the impala ss. if u want a cobalt ss just get the coupe. looks better and performs better. for anyone looking for performance that sounds like win to me
Old 05-08-2009, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by mudbone
Do you just walk around all day calling people idiots for expressing their opinions about cars? I didn't even know they offered the Cobalt SS in sedan form, it seems to me like a strange combination of desires... performance and a fwd compact sedan. The larger old Impala SS was in a completely different segment, so I don't see how you equate the two. I'm sure there are more than two people that like the old Impala SS and don't even understand the existance of a Cobalt SS sedan... and IQ isn't a factor. If you mean the current Impala SS, well how many do you see on the road? People that like looking at a higher performance car doesn't keep a company in business. Sales are required!

Last edited by JeremyNYR; 05-08-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by JeremyNYR
I didn't even know they offered the Cobalt SS in sedan form, it seems to me like a strange combination of desires... performance and a fwd compact sedan. The larger old Impala SS was in a completely different segment, so I don't see how you equate the two. I'm sure there are more than two people that like the old Impala SS and don't even understand the existance of a Cobalt SS sedan... and IQ isn't a factor.
exactly. SS is supposed to stand for super sport. that means it's supposed to be the best of the best performance wise with no compromises. if u want a fast cobalt sedan make it a "sport", but not super sport. ppl like mudbone that want to just throw "SS" on every car they see are the ones that ruin the moniker.

the cobalt ss coupe deserves to wear the SS badge based on its performance at the nurburgring. a fwd sedan though? just doesn't scream performance to me
Old 05-08-2009, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by JeremyNYR
Do you just walk around all day calling people idiots for expressing their opinions about cars? I didn't even know they offered the Cobalt SS in sedan form, it seems to me like a strange combination of desires... performance and a fwd compact sedan. The larger old Impala SS was in a completely different segment, so I don't see how you equate the two. I'm sure there are more than two people that like the old Impala SS and don't even understand the existance of a Cobalt SS sedan... and IQ isn't a factor.
I'd rather have the sedan than the coupe. More interior space. That car was a definite sleeper. Other than the wheels it looks like an LTZ Cobalt, but with a 260HP turbocharged engine
Old 05-08-2009, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Z28x
I'd rather have the sedan than the coupe. More interior space. That car was a definite sleeper. Other than the wheels it looks like an LTZ Cobalt, but with a 260HP turbocharged engine
that's fine and dandy but there should only be 1 "SS" in each model lineup. make the fastest one SS and another can be sport. i don't necessary agree with the General getting rid of this car but it shouldn't have been called SS from the start
Old 05-08-2009, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by jmsjags
that's fine and dandy but there should only be 1 "SS" in each model lineup. make the fastest one SS and another can be sport. i don't necessary agree with the General getting rid of this car but it shouldn't have been called SS from the start
you do know its just as fast right?
Old 05-08-2009, 08:20 AM

I love all the people who make themselves look stupid trying to comment on a car when it's obvious they know nothing about it. Fact is the Cobalt SS sedan or coupe both deserve the SS name they are within 40lb's of each other and run the same times and both can reach over 150mph. Put them on a road course with a brand new SS Camaro and see if you can pull away from one. The Camaro beat it around the Nurinburg by 1-2 seconds, if that doesn't impress you I don't know what will. As for Impala SS's I see them everywhere, check the autotrader website and there are 50 within 100 miles for sale used, run one of the new ones against the 90's model and see who's in front by a wide margin. Old Impala's could barely get over 140mph, new ones go 156mph. Point is these cars are just as fast as the hallowed SS cars of the 60's if not faster and in the case of the cobalt will embarrass them in the handling dept.

Quick Reply: No Cobalt SS sedan for 2010