Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

The next Saturn Vue

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 07:58 PM

The next Saturn Vue

1. Do a google or Yahoo search on the Opel Antara (Automotive news doesn't link very well unless you have a subscription). It was just unveiled today in Europe, so it might be on other sites later this evening.

2. Replace the name with next edition Saturn Vue.

3. After you come to from your state of shock, yes, it will look almost exactly like that. It will go into production around this time next year.

Saturn sure is a-changing!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:10 PM

Re: The next Saturn Vue

Originally Posted by guionM
1. Do a google or Yahoo search on the Opel Antara (Automotive news doesn't link very well unless you have a subscription). It was just unveiled today in Europe, so it might be on other sites later this evening.

2. Replace the name with next edition Saturn Vue.

3. After you come to from your state of shock, yes, it will look almost exactly like that. It will go into production around this time next year.

Saturn sure is a-changing!
Who dah man?!

BAHM!

Good to see some cues from the T2X show up on a more production ready model. Although where are the rear hindged doors?

More pics
Originally Posted by autoweek.nl
Opel present the Antara GTC on the IAA in Frankfurt. The car is a voorbode of the continuator of the Frontera. The Opel Antara GTC have been based on the Daewoo S3X concept, which has stood recently on several car shows. The Antara have however got an entirely own face and especially of the they side the car does strongly think of the Astra GTC. The Antara GTC are 4.53 meter long, 1.97 meter broad and 1.64 meter high. Opel have tried for a sport-loving interpretation of Suv-concept. To the noviteiten on the study model pantografische the lid of the boot belongs. When that omhoog applauds, he progresses also a bit so that no step needs be done to and. The achterstoelen on mono-rails and lijken have been confirmed float as a result. Are based on its moreover entirely so that to applaud there completely flat laadvloer arise. The Opel Antara GTC concept is CDTI twinturbo with 212 pk strong 1,9-liter engine provide which can maximum 400 Nm provide cross-belt. Also is he provide with a fumagine filter. The strength source has been coupled to zestraps automat. According to Opel the study model obtains with that 210 km/u and can he in eight seconden sprint of 0 to 100.

Last edited by 91_z28_4me; 09-12-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:21 PM

Talking Re: The next Saturn Vue

You da man!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:25 PM

Ummmm, there will be more than 2 seats............. right???

I'm assuming the front clip, and basic look is what we will see................ not the "there is no way in hell that more than 2 people could be comfortable in that" body.

Anyway, if this is the styling direction they are headed in, all I can say is ............ thank goodness. The Vue is one homely SUV. While they are at it, do you think they could give it real steering again???
Old 09-12-2005, 08:31 PM

that thing is very hot!

Times-are-a-changiin
Old 09-12-2005, 09:08 PM

Another styling exercise. We do have enough to know how much Theta is going to change...significantly.

There are also some things going on behind the scenes with Theta and another major platform.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by IREngineer
Another styling exercise. We do have enough to know how much Theta is going to change...significantly.

There are also some things going on behind the scenes with Theta and another major platform.
EP II? I think there is probably some cross breeding going on. I have a feeling we will see the Theta AWD rear end in the rear of Epsilon II.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:55 PM

DOES. NOT. LOOK. RIGHT.

everything behind the front fender should be redesigned from scratch. the rear is in cahoots with the Crossfire's "constipated dog taking a ****" theme. only even more so. also, there is no way a production model will go off to public hands lacking a B pillar. GM corporate will see to that.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by morb|d
DOES. NOT. LOOK. RIGHT.

everything behind the front fender should be redesigned from scratch. the rear is in cahoots with the Crossfire's "constipated dog taking a ****" theme. only even more so. also, there is no way a production model will go off to public hands lacking a B pillar. GM corporate will see to that.
What are you smoking and exactly how much can I get some for?
Old 09-12-2005, 10:50 PM

my judgment is unclouded and my senses are keen. that thing looks WRONG.

its a mismatched design. the front starts out bold, hard edged with creases and folds and then quickly degenerates to a soft flabby looking ***.

think of a woman with a hard, flat stomach plus cellulite thighs and a badonkadonk...

Last edited by morb|d; 09-12-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:55 PM

That sucker is hot. Too bad I have no interest in something like that A GXP has gotten me over my innate hatred of 4 doors. Its going to take a helluva lot more than that to get me over my hatred of SUVs
Old 09-12-2005, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by morb|d
think of a woman with a hard, flat stomach plus cellulite thighs and a badonkadonk...
While I disagree with your opinion, I love your adjectives
Old 09-12-2005, 11:15 PM

**** yes, that thing is sweet. I like it more than the murano. And I honestly believed it was hard to improve on the Murano's design.

I don't know about you guys, but I like evry line of that car. Side pipes too?!?! Schweet.

I almsot think GM should've scrapped Saturn all together and renamed it something else. It'll be hard for people to shift their perceived views of what the brand used to be to what they'll be offering.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:15 PM

That's the Daewoo T2X concept in Opel skin, which is also coming to Australia. I'm glad GM have finally woken up and leveraging off their global resources. Toyota is actually prospering from this 50 year old strategy...
Old 09-12-2005, 11:24 PM

Is it a concept? Must be, they never make anything this good looking.

Quick Reply: The next Saturn Vue