Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

New poll says fewer Americans are set on foreign cars.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Caps94ZODG
Yea there was a person that would love to throw that out as thier argument..went by the letters R. N.

Person? Man I can think of at least 5 right now that will jump on that small-minded wagon. Its usually people that can't understand big picture stuff. They just scroll down to one little detail and dwell on that.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by super83Z
I'm well aware of Dodge's ownership history. Its an American brand owned (partly) by an Italian company. Its like saying if I sold my Camaro to a Mexican its no longer an American car because a Mexican owns it. Dodge is still an American brand, so isn't Budweiser. Its just that an American's name isn't on the "title of ownership".
So you're also aware that "partly" will really become 51%, which in most circles, that's called a "controlling stake". The Camaro analogy isn't a good one either. If you owned a company called "Camaro", and you sold it to a Mexican who runs the company in Tijuana, then that company would now be Mexican. Try and twist it around all you want, but facts are facts.

Keep trying though!

Here's a hint. Those brands I listed before, aren't listed by accident.

Person? Man I can think of at least 5 right now that will jump on that small-minded wagon. Its usually people that can't understand big picture stuff. They just scroll down to one little detail and dwell on that.

"Big picture"? Have you even been outside your home state, let alone outside this country? Try actually spending some time overseas before you come in here talking about big picture.

Last edited by onebadponcho; 03-13-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:47 PM

Ignorance is bliss judging by all your smileys your as happy as they come.

Last edited by super83Z; 03-13-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:08 AM

Red face

Originally Posted by onebadponcho
Yeah, it's pretty funny that him and another guy that went by the initials E.B. were about the only two people around here who "got it".

I'll try and keep this as simple as possible, because I know if I don't, I'll lose most of you.

Out of the following brands, which are "American", and which are "Other"?

Mazda, Daewoo, Opel, Volvo, Saab, Fiat, Dodge.

Let the games begin!

R.N. got it?? He got it??? your joking right? If you think he got it then I guess we all have no idea how to comprehend things on your level..and never will... That just about puts an end to responding to anything rational you put in here..especially saying you will "lose most of us" and playing a little game of guess the company's status...nahh..been there and back with him on this very same issue..

I think I will take a pass Matrix..like I said people that nitpick and micro-analize like you just did with your little game you want people to play are the ones who got us in this problem or I should say way of thinking....you are one of them..

R.N. got it right... god that made me almost chuckle..
Old 03-14-2010, 01:09 AM

no its someone trying to make a very complicated answer out of a simple solution..
Old 03-14-2010, 11:37 AM

R.N. got it?? He got it??? your joking right? If you think he got it then I guess we all have no idea how to comprehend things on your level..and never will... That just about puts an end to responding to anything rational you put in here..especially saying you will "lose most of us" and playing a little game of guess the company's status...nahh..been there and back with him on this very same issue..

I think I will take a pass Matrix..like I said people that nitpick and micro-analize like you just did with your little game you want people to play are the ones who got us in this problem or I should say way of thinking....you are one of them..

R.N. got it right... god that made me almost chuckle..
I post facts yet get disrespected here.

Last edited by onebadponcho; 03-15-2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Clearly not a card-carrying member of the UAW.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:30 PM

no its someone trying to make a very complicated answer out of a simple solution..
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35821593...s-us_business/
Old 03-16-2010, 04:00 PM

Aligning yourself with R.N. will get you no respect. He was almost as bad as B.M. just on the opposite end of the spectrum.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:53 PM

got the wife to buy a 06 Caddy STS this past sunday....she use to love only Japanese cars (shes Asian) and she is gettin out of her 98 Camry....but after we looked at newer Accords, Camry's, BMW's,INfiniti...etc...she actualy like the Caddy the best.... im happy needless to say....... her family thinks shes crazy
but she was happy to say she bought a American car..its her first

Last edited by EvilBird; 03-16-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by onebadponcho
if you make a wrench in Ohio with steel imported from Korea, you can’t say that wrench was made in America because the steel represents a significant cost of production.
Good job you found an article pointing out how ridiculous the government rules are.