Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

It's Official - Exxon Hits Record Profits for Any Corporation Ever

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by ZZtop
Don't make assumptions. I am one of the most savvy 24 years olds you will ever meet. Masters in ME, been investing in the market for years, maxed out ROTH IRA's for me and my wife each year, 401k's, 4 bedroom house, 3 cars, bass boat, etc, etc.

I KNOW how the world works, but there is always more to learn

My father in law is very liberal and fanatical. Politics is his life or more like obsession. I always ask him, in the end, what can YOU really do about it?

You can vote and you can make the best out of the hand you are dealt. Don't sit around complaining, go work your butt off and figure out how to beat the system while your at it.

Big oil should be the least of your worries.
I'll PM you some of my stats if you really are interested.
I'd rather not publish my personal stats, but many on this board already know that my car collection alone contains 49 Mustangs. That's ONE of my hobbies.

In a sense, your dad is right - there is only so much you can do as an individual. But, if you KNOW what is going on around you, you can certainly do things to keep yourself more secure from the turds out to clean your clock. And collectively, if we all become "educated" and do little things, I still think we can make the difference. For example, if everyone would simply stop buying JUNK (yard ornaments, seasonal decorations, etc) from WalMart that was made in CHINA, WalMart WILL stop putting it on their shelves. Same goes for oil, natgas, clothes, food, etc. We've put more time and effort into our garden this year than in the last 15 years - not because I can't afford a tomato or cucumber at the store, but simply because we enjoy gardening and the prices of food are going too high in our opinion. We're canning and freezing. Our grocery bill is probably 20-25% less this summer. Ditto the effort for driving and fuels. I bought/drive a 1993 4-banger/5spd that gets high-30's instead of the 5.0's or Explorers every day. I mentioned earlier that I have dropped some racing events this year and I'm spending the time with my kid and her soccer team instead.

My point is - don't take the "I don't matter" attitude. EVERY ONE OF US MATTERS. And together, we can change things. 53 people got together 232 years ago and made a difference in the entire world from one parlor room in Philly, PA.

All I ask in this thread is that we WAKE UP, and realize what's going on behind the curtains and under the tables. What we see on the NBC Nightly News is a well-scripted version of what someone else wants you to know - and ALL of us know that we don't want our most personal goals and objectives to become public fodder - no matter who we are. So why would the world's most wealthy and powerful people/families be any different? You don't want your neighbors to know what your salary is or how much you paid for your car - they don't want everyone knowing what percentage of the world's wealth they control, or what companies/government officials they own. They WANT to operate under cover and behind screens for numerous reasons (just like you and I)... just know that they do, and they have goals and objectives too (just like you and I). At a minimum, we should not be defending the ones that are doing us the most harm.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by SSbaby
You mean, the evidence out there isn't damning enough?
I think you missed the subject of who the strawman was being directed at. That said, since it's at the root of your entire post, all of what you have next may or may not be true, but it is a different conversation entirely.
What more evidence do you need before you realize America (and by association, the rest of the western world, including my country) is basically run by an elite group? Have you looked up who funded the campaigns of presidential hopefuls (yes that also includes Hilary's) recently? Do you not realize who runs the US Reserve, and all the major banks in the US? What about the World Bank? Did you not understand the part about how that same elite group also controls the entire US media?

On the topic of education (if you still happen to be reading this)... in my final year at high school, my thesis was about "People and Power'. Yes I did poorly, but just managed to scrape in a PASS. Nothing could prepare my immature mind at the time of how rife and how prevalent corruption was in our society. Given the related novels we had to read were basically fictional text, you could just about forgive me for believing the context of the theme was just a figment of the author's imagination... and no more!

The point that I'm alluding to is this: No amount of study can teach you commonsense. I hope you pass that thought down to your kids because it's pointless believing the education system will teach it to your kids.

Maybe the next time you happen to read the poll on the New York Times website, which quiz's people on the topic of "Do you think we should bomb Iran?", you'll think about this thread in more detail.

Abrasive as always... my 2c.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:11 PM

Don't make assumptions. I am one of the most savvy 24 years olds you will ever meet. Masters in ME, been investing in the market for years, maxed out ROTH IRA's for me and my wife each year, 401k's, 4 bedroom house, 3 cars, bass boat, etc, etc.

I KNOW how the world works, but there is always more to learn

My father in law is very liberal and fanatical. Politics is his life or more like obsession. I always ask him, in the end, what can YOU really do about it?

You can vote and you can make the best out of the hand you are dealt. Don't sit around complaining, go work your butt off and figure out how to beat the system while your at it.

Big oil should be the least of your worries.
Well, I can say with absolute certainty that you are waaaay ahead of me at that age, if your writings and personal success are anything to go by.

While there is no doubt in my mind that the US is run by Zionists, I often question in my mind the reasons they run every industry there is (and well represented in government, too) ... but they've never embraced the car industry. I wonder why that is so? This information, I haven't been able to uncover... yet!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by jkipp84
I think you missed the subject of who the strawman was being directed at. That said, since it's at the root of your entire post, all of what you have next may or may not be true, but it is a different conversation entirely.
I hear ya. But you did complain about taxes... while I can't help you there, I want to ask you if you know or suspect 'where some of your tax dollars are heading'?
Old 08-20-2008, 07:05 PM

I hear ya. But you did complain about taxes... while I can't help you there, I want to ask you if you know or suspect 'where some of your tax dollars are heading'?
I suspect the vast majority are going everywhere but where they're supposed to. You?
Old 08-20-2008, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by jkipp84
I suspect the vast majority are going everywhere but where they're supposed to. You?
I can only suspect the taxes are being used to pay back interest on money borrowed from the Federal Reserve (run by guess who?). In other words, what you might be complaining about might seem worthy... provided (ideally) there was no corruption prevalent at the 'top'.

In other words, let's fix the corruption problem first before we question what our taxes are doing for our health, eduction systems.

Next time you look at your 'Stars and Stripes' and salute, maybe squint a bit harder and you might realize you might actually be saluting the flag that bears the 'Star of David'. This is not directed at you btw...
Old 08-20-2008, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by ProudPony
Actually, I am a very humbe guy by most accounts. I do like humor though, and choose to iject some from time to time.

Actually, I am twisting nothing. You said "The gov't is intelligent and benevolent after all, right? Medicare. The war. The IRS. Politicians who want to run the most powerful country on earth but can't even keep their own campaigns out of the red. Do some critical thinking..." The way I read it, you seemed to be indicating that you think the government controls all those things. I am pointing out - with some evidence - that the government (and "poiticians" et-al) are not running all the things you listed on their own accord - they are being instructed to do so by other entities. You NEVER indicate an acknowledgement to any other group... so what am I to think?

If they are making a killing at the expense of the rest of the economy and it's security - D@MN-STRAIGHT I DO.
I am on the record for conditions and regulation of the windfall tax, and it's not like I would want to take it all - just a paltry few billion.
HERE"S A NEAT IDEA... drop the prices, take a bit less profit at the pumps - and they won't have to pay as much in taxes on their gains. How's THAT for a plan?

The government already decides who makes the money and pays taxes - that's how big business and wealthy groups have off-shore tax-havens and loopholes to jump through. It reallyhelps when the people making the rules are the same ones profitting by them.
I propose skipping the point by point routine and cut to the chase instead. For the sake of clarity, here's what I see as your position: First - The gov't is in fact not really at the wheel, it's a group of entities that's really calling the shots. Second - ExxonMobil should have a few billion taken from profits because they made too much on our backs.

Is this accurate? I should add - I'm not being facetious, I'm genuinely asking if I have your position right.

Originally Posted by ProudPony
As for the schools-
when 40% of the VERY rural school kids are Mexican (mostly illegal) in my kid's school...
when the teachers don't have copy paper to make handouts...
when kids are sitting in trailers while inmates sit in new air-conditioned jails...
when kids have to ride busses that are 20-years old and unsafe (compared to new ones)...
when kids have no textbooks or must use worn-out ones...
Ummm YES, I think there's something wrong with the school's financial system (let's call it "money") and administrations running them - and by that I mean our government (state and federal). The things listed above have nothing to do with a sh1++y teacher, poor attendance, or lack of discipline of the child. There are many problems in our schools... financing them properly is just one of those problems, but IMO it is one that should NEVER be allowed to exist.

Cool deal. My bad on the mis-read. We have several home-schooling where I live because it is very rural. Some smart kids, but I see them struggle in social settings. For example, we have 2 on my daughter's challenge soccer team that are home-schooled, and they just don't "hang-out" with the other 11 girls and cut-up and play... they are more reserved and go hang with their parents during practice breaks and between games while the other girls are together goofing. Purely my experience and opinion on the social skills thing - you may well never see it as your kid(s) will still be in a social setting.

SWEET! Me too.
Agreed on the situation with public schools.. Corruption, mismanagement, it's a complete mess and it's really kind of sad as it's the kids who ultimately pay the price. I don't think throwing more $ at the situation is the answer (I'm not saying you do, I'm just dumping my opinion here) because it'll just wind up in the hands of the those who comprise the sorry *** status quo. It's going to take work - I'm talking rolling up the sleeves, putting some sweat equity into it and replace a rotten to the core system with one that's efficient where people are held accountable. I have no faith what so ever this will ever happen in mine, or my son's life time though. Hence why I'm going to avoid it all together right from the very start.

Last edited by jkipp84; 08-20-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:35 PM

In other words, let's fix the corruption problem first before we question what our taxes are doing for our health, eduction systems.
I agree with the idea of fixing both, but I don't think you can do either separately.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:07 PM

Not that easy young friend. Please allow me to give you an actual example...

When Ted Turner was bidding for a rival media company, he had the front running until TT's competitor's counter-bid (you can guess I'm referring to one owned by a Zionist entity) had consolidated into a bigger bid by virtue of two companies launching a combined bid ... which obviously was more favorable than Ted Turner's... Point: Ted Turner was comprehensively outmaneuvered.

There is literally nothing in their path which they consider unattainable... It's a 'cohesive pseudo-monopoly' (my terminology) at play here.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:30 PM

KENNEDY TRIED TO CHANGE IT

In 1963, President John Kennedy wanted an end to the Federal Reserve System, which had a strangle-hold on the United States and virtually the world. By a simple stroke of the pen, President Kennedy dismissed the Federal Reserve System and ordered the U.S. government to restore its Constitutional-mandate of controlling the money. President Kennedy was dead three weeks later. When President Lyndon Johnson took office, he immediately rescinded Kennedy's order and The Fed won another round.
FOREIGN BANKERS OWN MAJORITY OF FEDERAL RESERVE

More that half the shareholdings in the Federal Reserve Bank are controlled by large New York City banks, including National City Bank, National Bank of Commerce, First National Bank, Chase National Bank, and Marine National Bank. When Rockefeller's National City Bank merged with J.P. Morgan's First National Bank in 1955, the Rockefeller group owned 22% of the shares of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, which in turn holds the majority of shares in the Federal Reserve System - 53%. But who really owns what? Here are the top controllers of the Federal Reserve Bank:

1. Rothchild banks of London and Berlin.
2. Lazard Brothers Banks of Paris.
3. Israel Moses Seif Banks of Italy.
4. Warburg Bank of Hamburg and Amsterdam.
5. Lehman Brothers Bank of New York.
6. Kuhn, Loeb bank of New York.
7. Chase Manhattan Bank of New York, which controls all of the other 11 Federal Reserve Banks.
8. Goldman, Sachs Bank of New York.

In simple terms, the United States Government borrows money from the Federal Reserve Bank with interest. Here is how it works: The Government wants $1 billion. The Federal Reserve prints $1 billion - based upon no hard asset - and lends it to the Government at a high interest rate. The bank did not have the original money, it created it and made a bookkeeping entry - like you writing yourself a check without funds and cashing it. The Fed controls the flow of money, making it tight and creating unemployment or printing more than actually exists and creates inflation. It is, in essence, a paper corporation, which controls the entire economic well-being of the nation.

http://www.rususa.com/news/news.asp-nid-33393-catid-4
Old 08-20-2008, 11:28 PM

Dude, you're copying stock conspiracy material that's at least 30 years out of date. A good number of those banks don't even exist any more.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by flowmotion
Dude, you're copying stock conspiracy material that's at least 30 years out of date. A good number of those banks don't even exist any more.
OK but it doesn't make the argument a fallacy does it? Almost all banks always either takeover, merge or change into another entity etc... but the core piece of information is still intact as far as I'm aware. I hope you will correct me if I'm wrong in that regard! Sorry, I'm not going to pretend I know all of the US banks.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:40 AM

No, but in a thread where people are saying "do your research/find out the truth/etc", we should expect better than dusty old 1950s John Birch pamphlets that were copied onto UFO sites. Also if you want to be taken seriously, you should drop the ****/isamist-rhetoric like "zionist entity".
Old 08-21-2008, 11:03 AM

Seriously, if the banks are all owned by people of Jewish descent, so what? I mean, what if the banks were owned by black people? What if they were owned by caucasians? What changes? It's entirely possible to discuss the implications without throwing racial and national overtones to the discussion.

Using terms like "zionists" does throw you over the fence into the extreme category. It pretty much undermines a lot of what you said before, as I do question your sources. Anyone who uses "zionist" usually has a motive that's not all that transparent.

There is a lot I agree with that has been discussed here, a lot I don't know about and am uncertain about, and there are things I outright disagree since they clearly cross into the paranoid conspiracy territory.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by flowmotion
No, but in a thread where people are saying "do your research/find out the truth/etc", we should expect better than dusty old 1950s John Birch pamphlets that were copied onto UFO sites. Also if you want to be taken seriously, you should drop the ****/isamist-rhetoric like "zionist entity".
Fair point... but let's delve deeper into your point, Mr Flowmotion... it's almost frightening to learn that if indeed this information is '50' years old, you are implying that America has yet to wake up from it's slumber. That's what media control does to ya. It makes you rather less enlightened... and thank goodness for the internet because I'd still be that dumbass, sheeple that most of my countrymen are.

Personally, I'm sick of reading about Paris Hilton and other Hollywood celebs (horray for Hollywood, their actors/directors etc...), I'm sick of reading about all the doom and gloom of this world and I'm certainly sick of reading about 'terrorism'. Yes, we are blinded by the same crap here in Oz, thank's to NewsCorp.

You state, "If I want to be taken seriously you should drop the ****/isamist-rhetoric like "zionist entity"... well I thought we were having an enlightening discussion. On the whole, we have discussed factual information. The fact that I'm referring to the Zionists (where others refer to it as the NWO - nothing new here )... and I've already stated this... is only my opinion... which you are at liberty to reject/disbelieve. I'm not forcing it down your throat, but I believe that if you didn't know who owns what in your fine land, it might at the very least be compelling reading.

OK, I'll pander to your objection and refrain from using the term Zionists from hereon. In my research, I was also blown away to learn about who:

- runs Hollywood (and, as a matter of coincidence, what percentage of their actors/directors belong to the same creed as the entity we refer to - it's no wonder Mike Moore was booed off stage at the Oscars when he criticized the Pres for invading Iraq? Hollywood certainly knows how to beat its own drum...).
- runs the **** industry.
- owns the pharmaceutical industry.
- runs the music/entertainment industry.
etc... just to name a few.

Not all of the above might relate to the same entity but you begin to understand how cohesive their society has become by virtue of understanding who owns what! You don't need me to tell you that the word 'ownership' can be substituted by 'control' in most cases.

You do your own research and correct me anytime you like (if you can be bothered). I can't guarantee all the information I've presented is 100% accurate. It's easy to separate fact from opinion in my writings. What I'm providing is what's already out there on the internet. It's taken me quite a long while to digest and accept some of this information... notwithstanding some of the Christian religious rhetoric I've had to filter through.

Quick Reply: It's Official - Exxon Hits Record Profits for Any Corporation Ever