Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

It's Official - Exxon Hits Record Profits for Any Corporation Ever

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Eric Bryant
Proud,

Don't forget that most public companies own substantial chunks of their own shares. If I decide to go public, I can decide to offer 90% of my shares in an IPO, or just 10%. How much I sell to the public determines how much "real wealth" I have (in the form of cash that I accepted for the shares offered), and how much I retain in "paper wealth" in the form of retained shares.

That's certainly not to say that you're not on to something, though!
You should still be able to identify how much of the company is publicly traded and how much is privately held. As you said, if you choose only to offer xxx # of shares or xx% of the company at IPO, then you must declare that legally in the filing, but I can't find that information either.

The whole basis of my post was to demonstrate 2 points...

1) No matter what huge company you look up in manufacturing or industry, they are held in majority by a smal group of banks that buy up to the point where they are in control - they intend NOT TO OWN, but to control the voting shares only.

2) That same small group of banking institutions all also maintain a cloak of secrecy about their total wealth, what they invest in, and how they invest. You can trace ownership of stock and bonds all the way up to the big investors, but you can't trace the money past the banks themselves and into the private owners of the banks themselves. That's simply because they don't want you to.

What's a bit of an irony is that we common laboring folks that work hard and have 6% - 10% of every paycheck put into a 401k of some kind that is managed by - you guessed it, an investment group - is actually using OUR money to back-fill their own agendas. They will use Vanguard, Putnam, and other 401k funds to leverage a company and make the shares rise or fall on the market, only to come in after the market shift and buy or sell their preffered shares at "modified" prices. So, they use our money to make their investments even easier and more cost-effective. It pays to own the banks that control the investment firms, huh? Frankly, they could care less if we gain or lose our money... we're the sheeple... we are sacrificial and insignificant in their scheme. But you can rest assured that they are not going to lose money... or control... even if we have to be the ones to make it back for them in the event that they do miscalculate something (like the mortgage bomb going off right now). Thank goodness for the government, the Federal Reserve, and taxes!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:56 AM
gab

news today suggest govt pledged $1B aid to the country of Georgia. Guess the Federal reserve must be happy. At this rate, we will never get rid of our debt, in our and my kids' lifetime. Guess it's time for me to plan to move to a different country, and I'm not even considering going back to Australia.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by gab
Guess it's time for me to plan to move to a different country, and I'm not even considering going back to Australia.
94 "Black Rose" Vette
02 Kawasaki MeanStreak & 00 Yamaha YZF600R
I can take those off your hands if you move , I'm pretty close so no shipping costs for you
Old 09-03-2008, 03:24 PM

Oil falls on stronger dollar, falling fuel demand
"Oil prices kept falling Wednesday as a stronger dollar and slowing demand for crude overshadowed an almost total shutdown of energy output in the Gulf of Mexico after the passage of Hurricane Gustav.

Light, sweet crude for October delivery fell $1.05 to $108.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, after earlier dipping as low as $107.22.

On Tuesday, crude plunged in a dramatic sell-off after it became clear that Gustav had left the U.S. oil infrastructure without the massive damage doled out by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita three years ago. Prices settled at $109.71 a barrel, down $5.75 from the close of trading Friday, before the Labor Day weekend; U.S. floor trading was closed Monday.

At one point Tuesday, crude fell as low as $105.46, its lowest level since April."

Yet gas at the pumps near my home are staying right on 3.60-3.65/gal, after jumping almost .20/gal the last 24 hours before Labor Day weekend kicked-off.

I took a few courses in economics in college... and this sh1+ don't fit.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:29 PM

In the youtube link I provided above, Congressman , Ron Paul, stated that nobody even knows if the Federal Reserve has any gold stocks! Therefore, he calls for the disbandment of the Federal Reserve... and now there is talk of the Amero (North American currency to replace the $USD) which somebody here has already alluded to.

The Canadians aren't totally happy with the proposed new currency while the Americans and Mexicans are obviously OK with it. It might actually stop the number of illegal immigrants heading across the border over into the US.

If the US doesn't can the US dollar it could be further crippled. But how this will play into the hands of 'the establishment' is anyone's guess but suffice to say, I think 'the establishment' is already planning for it...
Old 09-04-2008, 07:19 AM
gab

The elite have made inroad to control settlement and clearing of equity trades across regions (USA and Europe), via an entity called EuroCCP, essentially started by a group called the "Turquoise" group.

EuroCCP is wholly owned by DTCC, a private company. It's not hard to figure out who the owners are of DTCC, EuroCCP, Turquoise, Federal Reserve. Trillions of dollars a year filter through the stock and equities market. Since EuroCCP does the settlement and clearing cheaper, much cheaper, than the existing European methods, I can see EuroCCP, once it proves itself in Europe, become the defacto settlement and clearing house, much like what DTCC is in the USA. Then what next??? Asia-pacific and Oceania in one swoop. Eventually, you have a few global entities controlling the flow of money, big money...

http://www.dtcc.com/news/press/relea...g_complete.php
http://www.dtcc.com/about/subs/euroccp.php
Old 09-04-2008, 11:08 AM

Regulators probing oil supply data: report

"Regulators are concerned that companies may be reporting inventory levels that benefit their own trading positions but may not be accurate, the paper said, citing people familiar with the probe."

"The regulators -- the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) -- may have been tipped off on unexpected big market moves by sources in the oil trading world, the Journal said."

Well, it's something interesting to watch I suppose.
Kinda like sending your 10-year-old son to go check on your 8-year-old son when you hear a thump from upsatairs... I certainly expect full disclosure and a very imformative explanation from this probe.

Glass = half-full. I'm in a good mood today.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:04 PM

Oil prices close at 5-month low on US gas report
By STEVENSON JACOBS, AP Business Writer
The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries is scheduled to meet next Tuesday in Vienna and has indicated it may take action to defend the $100 a barrel level.
FWIW...
Old 09-04-2008, 09:14 PM

This is simply a RIOT!!!
Apparently the lies are so complicated they can't all keep them straight now...

EIA says not aware of oil data probe

"The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday that the Commodity Futures Exchange Commission is investigating whether companies are reporting false oil inventory levels to benefit their trading positions.

However, EIA spokesman Jonathan Cogan said the agency is unaware of any such probe."

This article has a chap contradicting what the Wall Street Journal reported earlier today (that I linked 2 posts above no less).

"The CFTC told Reuters the nationwide crude oil investigation it launched last December is ongoing, and that it had no comment on The Wall Street Journal's story."

I know I'll sleep better tonight knowing that the CFTC has been investigating crude oil prices since LAST DECEMBER, and still hasn't come to a conclusion yet.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:44 PM

OK, so we've covered a lot in this thread - no doubt.
But it seems that there are just a few folks posting lately - mostly the same ones too. That's great and I am still reading daily to see what comes up, and I promise to answer any questions directed at me or about the topic in general.

But I'd like to know... is anyone getting anything out of this? Are there folks lurking in the dark shadows reading but afraid to post? Have we stimulated some folks to start researching and reading material with an open mind and draw their own conclusions about what powers are driving our market for fuel, cars, and everything else?

I'd love to throw some more "tidbits" of widely unknown facts on the table for discussion, but I have a very busy life and simply don't have hours to sit and type letters to myself. I'd rather spend my free time with my family, restoring my old cars, or doing my own research and reading. I've shared emails and PM with a few folks from this thread and plan to maintain conversation with those folks externally to this thread - regardless.

If anyone is interested in the subjects discussed in this thread, PLEASE speak up. You don't have to ask for anything or plead your point on the subject - simply let me know that you are reading and interested. If it means enough to you to make a tiny post, I'll keep putting time and effort into it without a second thought.

OK so here's another quick tidbit to chew on...
* Anyone know that the current president of the World Bank also served on the board of the World Wildlife Fund started by Prince Phillip (the guy who wants the poor and deprived of the world to die in the name of population control)?
* Did you also know he is a member of the Bilderberg Group?
* Guess who nominated him for the position of leader of the World Bank? Who approved the appointment?
* Did you know he is a Senior International Advisor to Goldman Sachs?
* Did you know he supports open trade with China, Taiwan, and other Asian nations as well as Europe?
* Did you know that he heavily promoted the Central American Free Trade Agreement over the objections of labor, environmental, and human rights groups?
* Did you know he played a key role in the U.S.-W.T.O. dispute against the European Union over genetically modified foods. The move sought to force genetically modified crops and food on the E.U., which would not otherwise accept them, or be slow to do so.
* Did you know that he served on a secret group called "The Vulcans" formed in 1998 to advise G.W. Bush for the run to the White House and what would happen once he was there? (Yes, I meant to type 1998 - 2 years before the election, and yes, that does at least open questions about a rigged election IMO.) Did anyone here even KNOW about The Vulcans?!?!
* Did you know he signed a letter on January 26, 1998 to then-president Clinton advocating war against Iraq claiming "weapons of mass destruction"? Yup - that was Jan 26, 1998, and those must have been the same WMDs that Colin Powel refused to report to the UN about, resigned over, and we have still never found, huh?
* Did you know that he gave a public speech on 21 September, 2005 in which "he not only introduced the notion of China as a "stakeholder" in the international community but sought to allay fears in the US of ceding dominance to China." The speech can be read here.

Sorry guys, I don't want to "concede dominance to China" - the land that kills people who refuse to leave their homes to clear way for Western factories, who destroys the environment at unimagineable rates, and who blatantly subdues and restricts the rights of the people to information and free speach - just to name a few issues.
I don't like letting poor people starve or die of an easily cureable illness. I don't like trading with just any country anywhere, for anything. I don't like running a multi-billion trade deficit with anyone. I don't like forcing people to accept and use genetically modified "anything". And despite having European and German ancestors, I don't like the thought of living under the same laws, rules, customs, conditions, and cultures that they do - if I did, I'D MOVE THERE. I don't like this guy, what he stands for, what he's trying to do, or really - anything - about him. Most of all, I don't like that he is a member of a group that is bent on making all citizens of Earth "equals" and subservient to them.

I can go on and on about this guy, but the above should concern even the most doubting mind that the elite are placing specific pawns in place to execute their desired wishes. If not, it should at least concern the dissenting mind that this man should NOT be running one of the most powerful banks in the world. Honestly, why cant Bill Smith from Anytown, USA simply graduate from a public high school, go to a state-sponsored university for 4 years, and go on to become president of the USA or president of the World Bank? Why must the people in these positions all go to Harvard, be members in secret groups that are invitation only, and be cloaked in secrecy and subversiveness?

Oh yeah, did I mention his ancestors are from Germany? This man is considered an influential advocate of US-German relations. Fluent in German, he possesses considerable knowledge of Germany, the country of his family background. In 1992, he received the Knight Commander's Cross of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany for his eminent achievements in the course of German Unification. Neat - considering Frankfurt Germany is the birthplace of Amschel Mayer Rothschild, the patriarch of the Rothschild family and it's where modern banking began. Hmmm.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:12 PM

Assuming we're correct in our theory that the world is really run by the banks which are owned by (at best) 5 families... what do we do about it?

It seems pointless to me to continue to elect politicians if all they do is look after themselves when they should be serving the needs of the community at large. Our taxes should be funding the government and not the banks, which end up in the pockets of the Rothschilds etc...

Does people power count for nothing these days... or are we just waiting for CNN and NYT to inform the sheeples?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by SSbaby
Assuming we're correct in our theory that the world is really run by the banks which are owned by (at best) 5 families... what do we do about it?
What do you think SS? Folks gotta kick thier sabots into that house of cards called the world Mad Max style. Otherwise this system of control will stand until it crumbles under its own weight.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:04 AM

It's difficult to imagine what can be done. Whatever difference we can make locally does not transcend to the state level, not to mention the federal level. There are many sites out there that gather people who are fed up, however, any solutions posted are very long-term and there is no guarantee of success. It all boils down to this: do your job of informing your friends/neighbours, get them to make the difference in your town/city with votes (for the candidate that represents them), and so on...

With so much corruption rampant at every level, though, it's hard to be fighting this battle. Just as an example, Toronto has introduced a new street racing law - anyone exceeding the speed limit by 50km/h or more (or anyone doing anything that the police officer can determine to be street racing, such as splitting lanes on a motorcycle in bumper-to-bumper traffic) will get license suspended for 7 days, car confiscated for 7 days (and you have to pay extortion for towing and storage), you'll be fined several thousand dollars... And guess what? These charges/fines are non-reversible. If you go to court and the court finds you not guilty, you will not have a record - but you have no chance of getting the $5000 fine back or the towing and storage fees.

This was orchestrated by a former chief of Toronto Police, Julian Fantino, who now became the chief of the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police). They managed to fine 8000 drivers since the law came into effect in the fall of 2007.

Guess what? 2 of the 8000 drivers charged are on-duty police officers (OPP) who were speeding more than 50 and 65 km/h. One of them killed two horses while driving the cruiser without any sirens or lights. Both were clocked by their fellow police officers. The charges against them were dropped.

What does Julian Fantino say? He says this won't happen again, because there is no double-standard. Can you imagine the nerve of the guy to make such an arrogant, brazen-faced statement just as the 2 police officers' charges were dropped?

This law is unconstitutional, since it does not leave any room for the accused to prove his/her innocence/not guilty. This is nothing more than a cash grab for the police and their towing companies (which have extremely close ties to various police figures).

The city public is aware of this. They are unhappy. There is movement here and there to do something about this. And nothing is getting done. Nothing is getting accomplished.

Such examples make it very disheartening.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:13 AM

Proud, thanks for your posts and for digging up the information...

So far, from the posts here and from my research, I gather that it's in the interests of the NWO advocates (lets call it "the organization") to diminish the influence of the US and to reduce its wealth, and gain a totalitarian control over it.

However, where do other countries/regions come into play in all of this?

There is the EU, which is also considerably affected by the organization. What role will it play in paving the road for the NWO?

Where does Asia (and China) stand in all of this, and how extensive is the organization's sphere of influence there?

What about Russia? It seems to be quite sensible. For example, the young oil tycoon Khodorovsky, who appears to have been backed by the elite (the organization), was eventually thrown into prison. He did, however, sell his stake in the Russian oil company to one of the Rothschilds. Russia seems to be trying to clamp down on the elites and tries to take control of various powerful/rich organizations/entities. So, the question I have is, what level of influence does the organization have in Russia, and what would it like to accomplish there, considering that Russia is opposing such movements?
Old 09-05-2008, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by SSbaby
Originally Posted by muckz
It's difficult to imagine what can be done. Whatever difference we can make locally does not transcend to the state level, not to mention the federal level. There are many sites out there that gather people who are fed up, however, any solutions posted are very long-term and there is no guarantee of success. It all boils down to this: do your job of informing your friends/neighbours, get them to make the difference in your town/city with votes (for the candidate that represents them), and so on...
A few things we can do NOW...

1) We must INFORM others of what is really going on behind the curtains of the world. I have said before, there is no way we can fight the enemy when we waste most of our resources fighting amongst ourselves. When I have to argue and quote and dig and present evidence for every little claim to someone because they won't look it up themselves or validate the claim on their own, I have no time or resources left to wage a good fight against the real source of teh problem. As more become truly informed and aware of the powers hiding behind the cloaks of big companies and government, we will have more power and energy with which to fight the true bad guys.

2) GET OUT OF DEBT. Pay off your credit cards and store acconts, etc. Don't finance anything you don't have to, he exception being a huge investment like a home. Credit is the biggest hook that the banks and financers have in us all. Credit is what they are using to kill the value of the US dollar. Credit is how they are transferring our wealth to China and other 3rd world nations. There are brokers like Freddie-Mac that accumulate huge piles of primary and secondary mortgages and sell them at a discount to offshore banks and institutions. It is VERY possible that your home is technically owned by a Chinese, Arab, or European bank right now.
And please stay away from high interest credit cards and unsecured loans - they are the worst for generating huge returns for the banks at your expense.

3) Stop buying "junk". Cheap crap at the local flea market that was made in China should rot in the back of the truck they are selling it from. Buy good, quality things from vendors you know and trust - preferably US made. Try to support the local small businesses that are rooted in your neighborhood. By not feeding the economic tigers like WalMart, we can make a huge difference in the value of our dollar on the world market.

4) Keep a decent amount of cash and other "valuables" on-hand, stored safely and securely - NOT in a bank. Sure, I have my 401K and IRAs and other investments - I'm not a radical extremeist that does not participate in everyday activities, but I also have enough cash stuck away right now that I can survive and buy goods for a long time even if the bank I use declares bankruptcy and the Federal Reserve refuses to pay my FDIC claim on my account. Also, I personally have cash on-hand in many currencies from my travels - Euros, RMB, even Pesos... I never convert them back to USD when I return home, I just throw them away for safekeeping. Best choices outside of currency are things that are of value even when money is worthless. Gold and silver come to mind, but some things are as good or even better. Guns are a great example. No matter what the economic conditions may be, you can use a gun for defense, offense, hunting, provision of food, etc. Nice tools are another good asset to have on hand (not the cheap crap from China that will break when you ned it most).

5) Take back control of your local government and administrations and neighborhoods - by voting, volunteering, etc. We must start cleaning up the streets ourselves - don't bank on the corrupt cops and legislators there now to have some sudden change of heart (cops like muckz wrote about above). Aside from making it better for you locally, you might just plant the seeds that eventually grow into our future leadership that can break us out of elite control. THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE, AND WE CAN DO IT AGAIN, but we must do it before we lose the ability to do so. Reference the 56 men who got together one night in Pennsylvania and decided the nation should tell the elite, wealthy royalty that ruled us under a monarchy to "kiss-off - we'll make our own rules". IT HAPPENED. It was expensive in money, resources, and souls, but they believed in what they were doing and were committed to make it happen.

6) Last but not least for now, EDUCATE YOUR CHILDREN AND FAMILY. Not in the "2+2=4" basics, not in "conspiracy theory", not in "utopia", but in basic reality and the persuit of truth. Teach them that there are at least 2 sides to every story - sometimes more - and you must seek them all out to make the best decision. Teach them how to satisfy their curiosities, how to find out if something is right or wrong if they don't know, and how to question things that don't appear to fit in a situation correctly. Again - to use muckz' example of the racing law... it makes no sense that someone would pass a law that you could not be reimbursed for your fines if you are found not guilty in a court of law... THAT should have raised some flags right away. Someone should have dug in and discovered the underhanded crap that was being devised.
I can not emphasize enough how well-educated the elite of the world really are. I'm talking Harvard and Oxford, or even private professors tutoring the children throughout their entire adolescence and into their early adulthood. THEY KNOW the value of TRUE education, and insist their children are taught wisely, to analyse data, strategize, hypothesize, and formulate plans - to make serious decisions based on data, in essence, to be LEADERS (certainly not to be just another of the 100,000 team members in a common work pool of button-pushers and data collectors). If we - the average citizens - continue to allow the government to censor and regulate what gets taught to us in public systems, textbooks, and via multi-media, then we are conceeding ourselves to become even more dumbed-down, and easier-to-manipulate "sheeple".

These things alone would get us WAY DOWN THE ROAD towards getting out from under the clutches of the world's elite and at least making things better for us at a local level (for a while anyways). But we all know the threat will never cease to exist - it's like a drug dealer situation... you get rid of one, another one comes along sooner or later to do the same thing. But just like the drug issue - we must at least try and keep up the fight... giving in is not an option.

Quick Reply: It's Official - Exxon Hits Record Profits for Any Corporation Ever