Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

I think I'm jealous.

Old 12-05-2002, 10:02 PM

I think I'm jealous.

I've been lurking over at BON for the past few days . There are well over a dozen 2005 Mustang threads going... now that the Mustang concept has been spotted and those engineering drawings of Mustang body panels have leaked out.

I'm jealous.....where's ours!?
Old 12-05-2002, 10:19 PM

Where's ours? It's all sketched out....in Red Planet's mind. Still I wonder if there is some kind of prototype buried somewhere deep within the GM Tech Center here in Michigan. Otherwise continue to be jealous.
Old 12-05-2002, 10:39 PM

it takes time to make something less ugly
ford should have taken more time
Old 12-06-2002, 03:23 AM

Originally posted by StreamlineZ28
it takes time to make something less ugly
ford should have taken more time
lol I agree
Old 12-06-2002, 07:23 AM

Originally posted by Z28Wilson
Where's ours? It's all sketched out....in Red Planet's mind. Still I wonder if there is some kind of prototype buried somewhere deep within the GM Tech Center here in Michigan. Otherwise continue to be jealous.
Wouldn't you just love to be able to zip up some Inviso-Suite and walk around GM's design stidios and see what is lurking in those places?!?!?
Old 12-06-2002, 09:41 AM

Well, after spending some time at various Ford sites lately....I'm still jealous of all the excitement they've got going on right now.

But maybe I'm a little dissappointed in the looks of the "new" Mustang.

The concept "beach" car has nice proportions, but I'm not crazy about the front and rear fascias.....especially the front.

That red CAD generated car (based off the engineering drawings of the body panels)....looks like a reskin of the current SN95 Mustang....a nice one, but not the dramatic departure that I was expecting.

I guess I'll have to wait to see the real car.

I'm pretty sure of one thing though. If this were a new Camaro, I think I'd be pretty let down after all the expectation.

Well, at least they have a new car ( and a current one for that matter).....and we have NOTHING!
Old 12-07-2002, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by Z28Wilson
That's what I've been hoping for for a long while!
Old 12-07-2002, 10:04 PM

Originally posted by Z284ever
Well, after spending some time at various Ford sites lately....I'm still jealous of all the excitement they've got going on right now.

But maybe I'm a little dissappointed in the looks of the "new" Mustang.

The concept "beach" car has nice proportions, but I'm not crazy about the front and rear fascias.....especially the front.

That red CAD generated car (based off the engineering drawings of the body panels)....looks like a reskin of the current SN95 Mustang....a nice one, but not the dramatic departure that I was expecting.

I guess I'll have to wait to see the real car.

I'm pretty sure of one thing though. If this were a new Camaro, I think I'd be pretty let down after all the expectation.

Well, at least they have a new car ( and a current one for that matter).....and we have NOTHING!
Have you seen these yet?
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/lam101920...ng2005&.view=t
Old 12-07-2002, 11:47 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Z284ever

But maybe I'm a little dissappointed in the looks of the "new" Mustang...

I guess success breeds complaicency. The thing that made the original Mustang look decent was the fact that the wheelbase was long for the size of the car, kind of like a 3-series BMW of today. I'm seeing way to much post '67 styling for my tastes. Yeah, some of those car looked pretty wicked from some angles, but they also started to look tubby. By '71, the look was something like "big car, little chassis."

These images aren't bad, but they don't move me.

Search this Thread