Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

house clears $25 billion for automakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:48 PM

$10-12 billion should get GM through another year as long as they dont put any money into the VEBA fund.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Eric Bryant
Too bad virtually none of that battery production will be performed in the US. A123 got a $30M grant to build a battery for one of the US DOE-sponsored battery programs, and then turned around and built a $60M battery plant in China. That didn't sit well with me.
I think its interesting that CEOs outsource hard labor (raw material), then the factories, and now their bad decisions are catching up with them we help them.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Eric Bryant
Too bad virtually none of that battery production will be performed in the US. A123 got a $30M grant to build a battery for one of the US DOE-sponsored battery programs, and then turned around and built a $60M battery plant in China. That didn't sit well with me.
You know Eric, that's the type of stuff that makes me sick.

What makes me even sicker is when someone gets on here and talks about tax cuts creating jobs. If I sound a little harsh tonight, about an hour ago I saw one of those commercials stating that the US has the highest business taxes of any industrialized country and actually advocates people to write their representative.

What is completely repulsive about that commercial is it convienently fails to mention that these countries utilize high personal taxes (far and away higher than we pay here in the USA) to fund the nation. The thing that really blows my mind is that there are more than plenty of people who even now with the economy pretty much in meltdown actually still buy that garbage.

Lately, between the dollar in the toilet, oil companies making mindboggling profits selling less fuel though both oil and fuel is plentiful, the fact that instead of paying our way and be done with it, we'd rather pay China for paying our way and still have to pay them back anyway, people not understanding that if wall street fails, everyone's retirement and even life savings is in jepordy, and the rest of the other garbage that's happened because people are more intrested in the BS conservative & liberal labels, I've been really wondering how long before everything falls in.....

.....that Australian residency visa and that Canadian drive to increase it's population are both looking better everyday.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:43 PM

So, finally the big 3 get some help.

Lot of good it will do them with credit freezing up.

They still won't be able to move product.

And credit is freezing up, my co worker just got denied college loan money for the kids.

They got a loan for the fall (now) and just got nuked on the spring aid.