Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Honda recall over fire in Fit models

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by onebadponcho
Because you know damn well as I do that there's YEARS worth of posts in other threads here suggesting the aforementioned "media bias".
In fact, your quote below provides not only proof for the bias, it also explains the reason why.

IF there's anything really true about the news and media, they're ALWAYS looking for something "bad" to report, regardless of the source.
So regardless of why the bias happened, it happened.

And really, the news media sensationalized GM's/Ford's/Chrysler's recalls at the time when other manufacturers were glossed over. You must have had your head stuck in the sand in early 2000s?
Old 02-01-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by 91_z28_4me
That being said if you don't like the public bias here: LEAVE! Don't bring it up in every thread or else they degrade to arguments like this one.

If you want to keep on trolling, go ahead. I have made my point and I am done.
I always found it odd - that people would find it odd - that members on a GM site might be biased toward GM products or domestics in general. I mean really, if you want to see the completely opposite side of the spectrum go visit toyotanation.com....
Old 02-01-2010, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Z28Wilson
I always found it odd - that people would find it odd - that members on a GM site might be biased toward GM products or domestics in general. I mean really, if you want to see the completely opposite side of the spectrum go visit toyotanation.com....
Agree.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:35 AM

You don't get it. GM had already improved the Corvair before Nader's book came out, it was a done deal. They simply extended production of the car a few years because they could (ironically the Camaro took over the Corvair's spot as Chevy's non-Corvette sports car).
I'm thinking you're the one who doesn't get it. Let me ask you this: Don't you think that the information in Nader's book pertaining to the Corvair was available and seen by GM before the book came out? You'd have to be pretty naive to think that it wasn't. Also, if GM was so "forthright" in working with Nader to improve vehicle safety, why did they go through such great lengths to smear his name?
It just amazes me that an auto company, ANY auto company would do what GM did to Nader.

Actually I have been a member here for quite a while and I like to think I pay attention pretty well. That being said if you don't like the publicbias here: LEAVE! Don't bring it up in every thread or else they degrade to arguments like this one.

If you want to keep on trolling, go ahead. I have made my point and I am done.
You know, if you can't handle someone calling you out when you're wrong, I'm sure the door is open for you to leave too.
The only point you've made so far is how misinformed people such as yourself can be. It's also amazing to see how many here think there's a media conspiracy against American auto manufacturers. The point you completely missed is simply this: The media is after the big story. Do you really think the media would "sweep under the rug" an automotive story with any "dirt" in it whatsoever just because of the name of the vehicle? Again, a person would have to be pretty naive to think that, because if you're charged with reporting "news" and you "cover up" a story like that, guaranteed your career in that field will be extremely short.

Originally Posted by muckz
In fact, your quote below provides not only proof for the bias, it also explains the reason why.

So regardless of why the bias happened, it happened.

And really, the news media sensationalized GM's/Ford's/Chrysler's recalls at the time when other manufacturers were glossed over. You must have had your head stuck in the sand in early 2000s?
What it proves is that the only place this so-called "bias" exists is in your minds. I invite all to view the following link to the allworldauto recall database: http://www.allworldauto.com/recalls/
You see, whether any of you likes it or not, the reason you've seen more domestic automakers in the news before for recalls is because they simply had more of them.

Do you know what I find even more odd? For this being a "GM products or domestics in general" message board, there's sure A LOT of threads dedicated to Toyota, Honda, etc.
Explain that one away, smart guy.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by onebadponcho
Do you know what I find even more odd? For this being a "GM products or domestics in general" message board, there's sure A LOT of threads dedicated to Toyota, Honda, etc.
Explain that one away, smart guy.
Uhhhh....let's see.....the only threads I see around here of note about Toyota and Honda have been about their troubles. Makes sense, on a domestic website.

Like I said, if you want your Toyota fanboy fix feel free to mosey on over to a Toyota site. As you would plainly see, the attitudes reflected around here are certainly not unique.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:36 PM

Uhhhh....let's see.....the only threads I see around here of note about Toyota and Honda have been about their troubles. Makes sense, on a domestic website.

Like I said, if you want your Toyota fanboy fix feel free to mosey on over to a Toyota site. As you would plainly see, the attitudes reflected around here are certainly not unique.
You know, I honestly have to say, I've never been on one of those sites - EVER. So you're saying that if I did, I would find this many posts pertaining to GM/Ford/Chrysler vehicles? I find that pretty hard to believe, but since you apparently frequent import websites, I guess I'll just take your word for it.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:50 PM

He's actually right. I used to own a few Toyota vehicles and frequented Toyotanation.com and it gets pretty nasty over there at times. The stuff I read here is pretty tame. "They're" more "hard core" than "we" are. I got sick of all the BS there (WAY worse than here) and just quit going there.

I actually like this "general discussion" automotive forum the most because I get a lot of info here I don't get elsewhere and it's on everything under the sun.

Just to be clear, I am NOT a "GM" guy. I just happen to be really fond of the stylings of Chevy trucks. If you look at the 3 trucks I own, the S-10 and Silverado are practically "twins" and both newer trucks have a lot of styling cues from the 67-72 chevy trucks (one of my favorite trucks ever produced.) I've also owned 4 different Toyota trucks. I honestly can't say I was particularly fond of any of them, and will probably never own another.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Silverado C-10
I actually like this "general discussion" automotive forum the most because I get a lot of info here I don't get elsewhere and it's on everything under the sun.
When I had my LT1 Camaro, there were 2 forums I'd read. This one, and LT1. Everything else didn't apply, and Lounge is such garbage.

Now, I just keep reading this forum. It's very informative about ALL cars, not just GM/Ford. Or, at least, I can get links from here to other sites that talk about new/upcoming models from other manufacturers.

Other forums can be so immature... Even in their technical forums, half or more of the discussion is plain lounge material, which is material that should never be posted. It's totally idle, and a waste of one's time.