Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Help GM...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 01:22 AM

Help GM...

I would like to try and figure out a way to help save GM from a possible takeover or filling from bankrupcty...how could I help?

I would like to find out who to send money to help out GM. I couldn't send much , maybe like $50 or so, but if enough people sent money, couldn't it possibly save them?

I know it probably wouldn't work but I just really want to get a BRAND SPANKING NEW Camaro someday but don't think its gonna happen with all thats been going on with GM.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:24 AM

Re: Help GM...

wouldn't help any. buying GM cars, on the other hand, would help a ton
Old 11-12-2005, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by 95HellBird
I would like to try and figure out a way to help save GM from a possible takeover or filling from bankrupcty...how could I help?

I would like to find out who to send money to help out GM. I couldn't send much , maybe like $50 or so, but if enough people sent money, couldn't it possibly save them?

I know it probably wouldn't work but I just really want to get a BRAND SPANKING NEW Camaro someday but don't think its gonna happen with all thats been going on with GM.
Thats not gonna help them lol. What WILL help though is if we go out and kill evreyone who drives an import (roughley 99.9% of this sad country.) Im sorry guys flame on but i have no faith in the people of America. Too many go and get imports. I dont know i put up the good fight all day. At work i battle it out with co-workers etc. I dont know. GM is in a hole that is looking like its too deep now. The government can like help by giving GM $50 billion but that wont happen.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:35 AM

I just thought of something if GM goes bankrupt and all the sub-companies like pontaic and chevy somehow *HOPEFULLY NEVER HAPPENS* (knock on wood) but somehow got sold off and parted out or something so there was nothing left, would our car values rocket up their?

*Edit* I forgot to add I might help GM out if they stick to the planned upcoming 2007 Tahoe, the wife and I are definately getting one.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:40 AM

I just thought of something if GM goes bankrupt and all the sub-companies like pontaic and chevy somehow *HOPEFULLY NEVER HAPPENS* (knock on wood) but somehow got sold off and parted out or something so there was nothing left, would our car values rocket up their?

*Edit* I forgot to add I might help GM out if they stick to the planned upcoming 2007 Tahoe, the wife and I are definately getting one.
If any of the divisions went away i can guarentee Chevrolet would not be one of them.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:01 AM

Actually, the best thing that could happen to GM financially is have all of their retirees, or "legacy costs," disappear.

Help GM , whack a retired employee.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:09 AM

If you look at the start page of camaroz28.com you will see a counter. It is counting down to NAIAS, where the next Camaro will be shown.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:21 AM

LOL it's GM, not some starving south american kid
Old 11-12-2005, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by stangitr
LOL it's GM, not some starving south american kid
LOL, yeah, next thing we know Sally Struthers will have an ad with her walking down an office hallway with a bunch of GM execs with sad expressions standing around.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Future_Z_Owner
Thats not gonna help them lol. What WILL help though is if we go out and kill evreyone who drives an import (roughley 99.9% of this sad country.) Im sorry guys flame on but i have no faith in the people of America. Too many go and get imports. I dont know i put up the good fight all day. At work i battle it out with co-workers etc. I dont know. GM is in a hole that is looking like its too deep now. The government can like help by giving GM $50 billion but that wont happen.
Well, c'mon, there's a reason why they sell better. I love my Camaro and high end GM models but when it comes down to it they're lower end models are just now starting to able to be compared to their import counterparts. When it came down to fit/finish and reliability, it was a real toss-up. There's no one to blame other then GM themselves. If they would have started to take themselves seriously back in the late 80s/early 90s like they are now they wouldn't be in this trouble.

Look at it this way. When one of my friends g/f was asking me to help her look for a first car the last place I was going to look was in the domestic section of an Autotrader. For a good reliable car I had to point her down the Honda/Nissan/Toyota route.

To be fair, I also discouraged her from getting a BMW, too damn expensive to fix.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:25 AM

This can't even possibly be considered a rational thought.

You think that sending a few bucks to a company that records billions of dollars in profits is going to produce a new Camaro?
Old 11-12-2005, 08:36 AM

GMs downfall started when they decided to convert their cars from rear wheel drive to front wheel drive and adding too much electronic crap . IMO

GMs' paint sucked in the late 80s and early 90s but they had a good lineup.

GN, Cutlass and Monte Carlo just to name a few.
Camaros and Firebirds not to mention 89 Turbo TA.
Cavalier Z24 (this car did not look nothing like "ALL" the other cars GM made like their line-up of lower end cars do now).
Cyclone and Typhoon were very impressive, look at value today .
85-87 Chevy trucks WERE built "Chevy Tuff" not like the flemsy crap of today with that "carlike" ride.

I could go on how GM has done it to themselves but for now I will just end on this note:

GM killed OLDS to buy Deawoo.

New GM sucks and who wants to be tracked by On-star,anyway ?
No Thanks!!!

I just hope they (someone) continues to make parts for my OBD1 Z28 becouse at this rate, I have already bought my last GM car !

In case you have not figured this out, I am against all computer controlled crap that ALL manufactures are pushing to impliment on their vehicles. A car needs 1 computer to run Fuel injection, not ABS,Traction control, wipers, lights, etc.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Banned

no way in hell would i "donate" to any corporation, especially a corporation who's dire situation was a direct and fundamental result of it's management's actions many many years ago.

sorry, but if GM goes down in flames its not because the whole world was out to get it, but it was because of its management's decisions.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:03 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaqhahahahaha
Hahahahahahahahhhahahahahaahahaahahahahahahahah
Ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha
Ahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahah
Ahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahh ahahahahahahah
Ahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah
Ahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahah
Old 11-12-2005, 09:07 AM

Why help them? They cant even make me a camaro. Sure if they made a car I like, i'll buy it. In fact i did. But im not sending the money for free.

Quick Reply: Help GM...