Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles
View Poll Results: New Camaro in the future???
Wait for new Camaro 07-08 it will happen.
29.03%
Better than 50% chance of new Camaro. Wait it out.
27.42%
Less than 50% chance of new Camaro. Buy the GTO.
9.68%
No camaro in the future. Buy the GTO.
4.84%
Buy the GTO and trade in on the Camaro if it happens.
27.42%
Don't buy the GTO. Wait for something better.
12.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

General info needed on a 07-08 Camaro possibility

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 12:23 PM

General info needed on a 07-08 Camaro possibility

Ok so I have seen many different opinions on when/if the camaro will be coming back and to what style it will have. Here's the situation that I am looking at. What is the probability of the camaro becoming a reality? I want to hold out to see if there will be one in 07 but if not I may pick up a GTO if a new camaro is not produced. So please vote in my poll to give your opinion on what you think is going to happen in the future regardless of style and options I just want a consensus view on if the camaro will happen.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:29 PM

Re: General info needed on a 07-08 Camaro possibility

Easy choice if you can afford it.

Buy the GTO now, and enjoy it now... if a Camaro comes out in a few years, and you like it better, trade in the GTO and get the Camaro.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:32 PM

I say buy the GTO. With the rebates, and some good haggling, you could get an '05 for a real good price. Plus, the GTO will be more refined than the Camaro...is it's built.

Just get it in Red or Yellow
Old 02-22-2005, 04:20 PM

get something that doesn't look like every other car... Ya see a GTO and ya can't tell if it's a G6, a GTO, a Grand Prix, or a Cobalt... Wait it out and buy the Camaro when it comes out.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:22 PM

I've made up my mind on this. If the new Chevy RWD 2+2 Coupe is not a Camaro or a worthy Pony Car at all, Im going with a GTO.

If I could though, i'd buy a GTO rigth this instant, not enough funds though
Old 02-22-2005, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by hambone3441
Ok so I have seen many different opinions on when/if the camaro will be coming back and to what style it will have. Here's the situation that I am looking at. What is the probability of the camaro becoming a reality? I want to hold out to see if there will be one in 07 but if not I may pick up a GTO if a new camaro is not produced. So please vote in my poll to give your opinion on what you think is going to happen in the future regardless of style and options I just want a consensus view on if the camaro will happen.
Why are you even asking this question? I doubt this going to be the one & only act of your life, so buy a car that YOU like! The whole notion of someone either buying a GTO now or waiting 3 years for the next Camaro is like a big red target for those of us who take up as sport those who somehow seems to have lost reason and sense in order to publicly show their enthusiasm and devotion for something.

Look, if you are in the market for a car today, it would be extremely silly for you to sit around and wait 2 or 3 years for another car that you know nothing about. You don't know what it looks like, you don't know what deals there's going to be, you don't know how much the car's going to cost, you don't even know if you'll like the car when it comes out. And in the meantime, what are you going to do? If you have money for it now, you'll probally have enough for a new CTSv by then. Then again, heck, you don't even know where you'll be in 3 years!

You can lease any car today for 3 years, or however long you want at pretty impressively low payments.

If you want to own a car, then you simply choose one, make monthly payments, and in 3 years you'll be on the positive side. Simply trade it in on another car you want. If the other car's Camaro, then trade it in on a that. If you want wait till you finish paying your car off, then you'll be done just about when dealers stop the inevitable scalping that's going to take place when the new Camaro comes out.

If you like Camaros, and you're in the market for a car today your choices are GTO, Mustang GT, or an Infinity G35 coupe. All are great performing, great handling, RWD cars that are very well made, and save for the G35 are very capable of keeping LS1 owners happy.

If you are under the illusion that a multi-billion dollar company will see you as a special kind of guy if you prove your devotion to a particular car brand even years after they think enough about you to discontinue it, there are plenty of top condition late model LS1 Camaros around you can pick up at great prices.

If you are asking if you should wait 3 years to buy a car you know nothing about or if you should buy one today then you AREN'T in the market for a new car.

Last edited by guionM; 02-22-2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:46 PM

I think I read somewhere that Lutz said that the chances of a Camaro rebirth were very remote.Any one else see that?
Old 04-28-2005, 09:34 AM

answered my own question here...........bought an 04 gto last monday.

Link for picks.
http://www.rivercityf-bodies.com/for...9373#post49373
Old 04-28-2005, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by hambone3441
answered my own question here...........bought an 04 gto last monday.
[/url]
Good choice, If I had the cash that is what I'd do Hopfully you will be Camaro shopping in Summer of 2007
Old 04-28-2005, 11:09 AM

Talking Re: General info needed on a 07-08 Camaro possibility