Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Dodge Magnum Concept

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 05:41 PM

Dodge Magnum Concept

That silver Dodge wagon that was posted here not long ago has a name, Magnum. It was shown at a dealer's meeting like Mustang was about a month ago. But unlike Mustang, someone carelessly left it parked outside.

Though a concept, the wagon will be produced, it will have the Hemi V8 as an option, but also, it will also be available in AWD.

The whole story:
http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b120202.htm

The original picture & article:
http://www.autonews.com/article.cms?articleId=41556
Old 12-04-2002, 07:38 PM
Banned

Re: Dodge Magnum Concept

Originally posted by guionM
That silver Dodge wagon that was posted here not long ago has a name, Magnum. It was shown at a dealer's meeting like Mustang was about a month ago. But unlike Mustang, someone carelessly left it parked outside.

Though a concept, the wagon will be produced, it will have the Hemi V8 as an option, but also, it will also be available in AWD.

The whole story:
http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b120202.htm

The original picture & article:
http://www.autonews.com/article.cms?articleId=41556
Its not that bad when you look at the larger images. I only hope that the coupe/convertible is a bit lower and sleeker.

With the Pacifica, PT cruiser, Minivans and THREE different sizes of 4-door Jeeps, Chrysler will pretty much have the market covered for "wagon-like" vehicles. It would be nice if this new HEMI wagon has the cargo space, performance and pricing to offer a real "car" alternative to all the "trucks." I for one would appreciate the opportunity to haul all my duffle while I hauling, if you know what I mean.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:22 PM

that XK Commander concept looks exactly like a H2... except for the front of course...
Old 12-04-2002, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by ced8
that XK Commander concept looks exactly like a H2... except for the front of course...
Thats what I was thinking, like an H2 Liberty or something

I'm making my mom save up for a down payment on a Dodge Magnum, since the only thing she'll drive is a station wagon. I still can't beleive their making a station wagon with a Hemi, thats hilarious.

Last edited by Meccadeth; 12-05-2002 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:47 AM

The first thing I think of when I see a giant station wagon (fast or not) is Clark Griswald !!
Old 12-05-2002, 08:28 AM

Originally posted by Darth Xed
The first thing I think of when I see a giant station wagon (fast or not) is Clark Griswald !!
LMAO!

Even though it will have a HEMI, does not mean that it has to have anywhere near the power that is available in the Dodge ram...
Old 12-05-2002, 07:09 PM

Ugh. That thing is ruined by the Ram-wannabe front end. Such a shame too... the concept (a V8 RWD wagon that hauls ) is a great idea. This car is going to be cursed by that hideous front end, if it actually is like shown in the green concept drawing. Let's hope it's not. I really hope Chevy makes a Nomad like the concept recently put out by them. It could sell just as well as the Magnum.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:05 PM
Banned

Originally posted by BigDarknFast
Ugh. That thing is ruined by the Ram-wannabe front end. Such a shame too... the concept (a V8 RWD wagon that hauls ) is a great idea. This car is going to be cursed by that hideous front end, if it actually is like shown in the green concept drawing. Let's hope it's not. I really hope Chevy makes a Nomad like the concept recently put out by them. It could sell just as well as the Magnum.
If you take away the mucho macho crossbar grill, what you have is a retro interpretation of a Hudson Hornet or Parkard Clipper - a little too "Driving Miss Daisy" if you ask me.

I say kudos to Chrysler for performing a wuss-extomy on their passenger car styling. The current Concorde has a beautiful front end inspired by a 1960's Ferrari - something which doesn't appeal to the buying public. Tough and ugly sell, pretty doesn't.

The Nomad concept was a perfect interpretation of all the positive points of mid-1950's styling, unlike the Magnum. It's proportions would even look modern when compared to a luxury import of today. GM lost a major opportunity by not putting the Nomad into production as a platform-mate to a future Camaro F5.

The ugly truth is that Daimler-Chrysler is bringing RWD back into a mainstream production car, and all General Motors can offer is crap like the Pontiac Vibe.