Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

A couple interesting GTO/Camaro threads from LS1.com...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 09:16 AM

Originally posted by BigDarknFast
Z284ever - Myabe you can shed some light....
You're kidding....right?

MERRY CHRISTMAS !
Old 12-24-2002, 09:17 AM

No, I won't feel juuust right in a weaker Mustang (the reason I came to Camaro in the 1st place), and maybe I can't be called a "intender" because I'm not going to sit around like some wistful jilted spouse, waiting for their counterpart to stop running the streets & come back home.

If there isn't a new Camaro for me to consider when I'm ready to buy my next performance RWD car, sure I'll keep my Camaro, but you can bet I'll spend my money elseware.

Is there really any wonder how or why GM has a "we know best" attitude with enthusiast...... oh wait.....GM doesn't have any enthusiast cars this year.
I agree with some of this (the jilted spouse thing made me LOL!). Of course some sales will be lost and some people will be disappointed during the hiatus. That is truly a shame, for both GM and for FBody fans. But I don't see this "GM knows best" attitude. I don't work for GM, and I don't believe they are being pushy with their fans, just responding to marketplace forces. Trucks and SUV's have come first recently from what I see, since GM has a duty to its shareholders to make a profit and have the profits be broadly based in volume. As for not having any "enthusiast" cars... so the Corvette, the still-available LS1 Fbodies, the CTS, the XLR, the upcoming GTO and CTS-V, the enhanced Saturn coupe, the new Grand Prix GTP Comp G, and the SSR somehow do not count?

Doug H - I agree with you about the burden... even with good deals being offered it is a big purchase. And there is a lot of carryover in the 4gen design.

Z284ever - I also put Camaros on a pedestal. I love 'em all (some admittedly more than others). Guess I'll just start living with your viewpoint, even though I firmly believe the 4gens are the best Camaros ever, and a fitting tribute to the name! ALL Camaros
Old 12-27-2002, 12:22 PM

I for one have absolutely no problem with a new camaro not coming out until 08, 09 what with the gto supposedly being around the 350 hp mark and with talk of dodge bringing that awsome looking 325-350hp charger to showrooms.

If the gto does come in that 300+hp range than ill trade my car in and buy that when it comes out. the next fbody comes out 4 or 5 years later and If i like what I see and provided i still have nitrous oxide in my blood I keep my paid of gto and buy the new fbody and I have two great cars.

If the gto comes in that 280/290 hp range that I have also heard, I wait for the charger to come out. Then when/if the next GM boulevard bruiser comes out, again provided appeals to the "6" senses and provided I still feel like a high school boy in the cheerleaders locker room when I see a muscle car, then I keep my charger and buy the new whatever it will be. Again I have two incredible car.

If the charger doesnt come out and the gto comes with the lesser rated hp I still get the gto although I may lean towards a new mach 1. At any rate 09 comes and yadayadayada you get the point.

If neither the gto or charger comes out or if they both suck I buy either a subaru wrx or a mach 1, and wait until 09. If 09 comes and mums the word from gm than I just choose two from the gto, wrx, charger and mach1, then five or six years later I add a porshe 911 carrera and I live happily

Or dont finish school, end up working as a waiter until im 60 and drive a cavalier for the next 50 years.