Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Colored headlight area in 5th Gen??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by IZ28
You're getting Z28 racing stripes on your car?? Cool.

Nah the roof, its like why not just paint 1 of my doors or the hood a different color than the rest of my car?!
Does your car not have tinted windows? Maybe you need to turn your head differently when you look at it. Its supposeds to be sortof a dome effect with the roof and glasses. Hell, when I see a 93-7 with out the black roof I think its a V6 3.4L. But the black roof promotes the short wide bullet-shaped design of the car!
Old 12-29-2002, 09:30 PM

Blacked out

I like the Black roof panel, it looks great with the mirrors black and tinted windows. I haven't done my windows yet but I will. I also like the blacked out headlight pockets. There is a product I use on my bike, that works great on the light pockets. Its called S100 you can find it in any motorcycle shop, it brings back the black and really makes them shine. I think its a silicone based product so watch your paint, it shouldn't hurt the paint,it just leaves smudges and takes alot of rubbing to remove. It should work real good on the black plastick piece at the bottom of the windsheild by the wipers.I haven't tried it there yet. I hear alot of complaints about the 4th gens, but I love mine. I like them so much so that this is actually my 2nd 1, as my 1st 94Z was wrecked and I replaced it with another 1. Well anyway, they will never please all of the people all of the time. Only some of the people some of the time! I like Camaros, all gens though the 3rd gens took some time to grow on me, I liked the F-4's from the begining. When I was very young there were many 1st gens in my family, so I always had a love of Camaro's.