Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Chrysler to set up separate Fiat dealer network

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by guionM
Fiat NEVER had intentions of turning Chrysler into Fiat (one member who should have known better claimed that all Fiat wanted to do was put their name on the Chrysler Building)
Hmm, did I say in the post you quoted that Fiat would be turning Chrysler into Fiat? NO.

What I am asking is, with the automotive market and the economy in general where it is, what is the wisdom behind not selling Fiats in existing Chrysler showrooms? In other words, customers would almost see Fiat as another "brand" under the Chrysler umbrella - "come down to your local Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge-RAM-Fiat dealer today!" (Now there's a mouthful).

For whatever reason Fiat has chosen to jump back into the North American market relying not on the vast Chrysler network but on the rather absurd assumption that dealers will be chomping at the bit to sign on and build standalone Fiat dealerships with new staff. Do they feel that Chrysler poisons their well that much?

So you haven't really answered the question. Since I'm a bit busy to listen to marathon press conferences from Fiat's CEO, perhaps you can offer the cliffnotes.