Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Cadillac SRX's new interior

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 10:37 AM

Re: Cadillac SRX's new interior

Originally Posted by dnovotny
Threxx just loves attention and wants all these threads to become about him . Nevertheless, I just can't let this comment pass without a response since I've seen it repeated over and over.
The irony of responding to an attention ***** seems to have escaped you.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:58 AM

Looks excellent. It wouldn't be something that I'd complain about.

Dan
Old 07-15-2006, 01:45 PM

Despite all moaning, I'm still somewhat impressed that Cadillac not only redid an interior on a vehicle that's been out not too long (the CTS has been out longer and hasn't had any real redesign) and that they adoped some items from cars costing alot more, and that isn't done on competing vehicles.

Originally Posted by graham
So what positive effect does this have on vehicles that you and I can afford?

Although its nice to see a cool interior, I still expect nothing less in a Caddy. But what about the next Chevrolets that will sell below the $30K radar?
Rising water lifts all boats.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:00 PM

that looks alot better. One of the things I didnt like about the Caddies was the hood and trunk seemed so much higher than the bottom of the side windows. At least to me from the pics it seems to mesh alot better. Huge improvement in the interior too.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:44 PM

Nice, I'm surprised they redid the interior so soon as well and without some sort of major refresh MCE. I guess I will wait til fall to check it out at the autoshow.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Threxx
Actually that's an ironic statement since just yesterday I was thinking - why does every thread I comment somehow become about ME specifically and my opinion. And then I realized it's because my opinion often times is the one that doesn't agree with everyone elses... mainly because this is a heavily GM biased board. And also for that very same reason, even when my opinion should NOT stand out that much and should NOT be that offensive, people still tend to read WAY too much into it and try to pick it apart simply because they're used to doing so with me or just flat-out have some sort of mission intent in their mind to start crap with me over just about anything I say.

Don't believe it? Tell me what about this post had such malicious intents on my part?
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showp...66&postcount=2
Then look further down - Darth Xed asked me a question or 'called me out' on my opinion. Forcing me to reply again. As soon as I did JakeRobb and in an aside fashion, Centric made essentially demanded my response again. Now tell me, other than having an opinion not popular with the majority, how I *want* these threads to become about me? I get effing tired of the double standard, to be honest... Threxx must validate his opinion to the "T" everytime it is spoken. Nobody else gets that treatment because nobody questions popular opinion - at least what is locally popular opinion.

Why do you feel it needed to play the "oh, poor me... everyone disrespects me" violin everytime anyone takes anything close to a view that, God forbid, is not totally in line with your end all be all opinion and judgement? We get it. You are the ultimate non-biased patriot of sanity in a world of total GM bias.

If you re-read my posts, I never bashed you for your opinion, I just asked for an actual reason why you find it "eh".

The only thing you could come up with (after saying "I don't know... hard to explain")... and basically after being forced to say something is that you don't like the steering wheel.

Later, you imply that the feel, comfort and noise levels of this interior will not be up to par, and then backtrack and say "no, no, I am just stating my historical findings..." Ok, that's great, you are still intentionally slapping this same label on this one without every sitting in it or touching it.

Bottom line, if this so called ugly steering wheel had a little "L" logo on it in the picture, you'd be pointing to this interior picture as another great interior from Lexus.

And I'm being dead-serious in that statement too, because everything (besides the ugly steering wheel) you have said to hold down this interior are assumed flaws that you can't verify based entirely on the fact that the interior is not built by Lexus!
Old 07-16-2006, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Darth Xed
Why do you feel it needed to play the "oh, poor me... everyone disrespects me" violin everytime anyone takes anything close to a view that, God forbid, is not totally in line with your end all be all opinion and judgement? We get it. You are the ultimate non-biased patriot of sanity in a world of total GM bias.

If you re-read my posts, I never bashed you for your opinion, I just asked for an actual reason why you find it "eh".

The only thing you could come up with (after saying "I don't know... hard to explain")... and basically after being forced to say something is that you don't like the steering wheel.
You're correct - you didn't bash my opinion, but in the very same thread where the best summary of pro-GM answers you could formulate was
As for others not saying specically why they like it, I think the overall look
... that at the leather on the dash... you seemed to think that my "eh" feeling of the "overall look" was unacceptable without detailed explanation. So yes, that's hypocritical.
However this thread seemed to denigrate into personal attacks on my character and people saying I was trying to make the thread 'all about me'... so my point was where in the hell did I ever make a reply that wasn't in response to yet another person questioning my opinion or questioning me as a person?

Later, you imply that the feel, comfort and noise levels of this interior will not be up to par, and then backtrack and say "no, no, I am just stating my historical findings..." Ok, that's great, you are still intentionally slapping this same label on this one without every sitting in it or touching it.

Bottom line, if this so called ugly steering wheel had a little "L" logo on it in the picture, you'd be pointing to this interior picture as another great interior from Lexus.

And I'm being dead-serious in that statement too, because everything (besides the ugly steering wheel) you have said to hold down this interior are assumed flaws that you can't verify based entirely on the fact that the interior is not built by Lexus!
Good grief...

Please, quote the exact point where I made these assumptions about the SRX specifically.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:34 AM

I am with Kyle with this one. By the pictures posted, it appears a much needed refresh took place, while it is nothing to jump up and down about. Interiors of luxury brands have gotten very competitive, and GM's refresh here does not look award winning, are incredible. That is not saying it is not nice, but more of the competition is so strong, this new refresh in my opinion still pales compared to others. Good news is GM is on the right track!

But i also can count a bazillion times on this forum where a new GM vehicle or refresh get the BEST IN CLASS, WORLD CLASS remarks when that was far from thre case. The original SRX was a prime example, and quickly was criticized for not being up to par on the interior layout, yet by reading here it was the lightyears ahead of the competition interior wise . Threxx is just playing the devils advocate, pointing out how he thinks it compares to the competition. Some here are can see no wrong with GM and can't stand someone actually posting a differing opinion.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Threxx

Good grief...

Please, quote the exact point where I made these assumptions about the SRX specifically.

im·ply ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-pl)
tr.v. im·plied, im·ply·ing, im·plies

-To express or indicate indirectly.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:18 AM

im·ply ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-pl)
tr.v. im·plied, im·ply·ing, im·plies

-To express or indicate indirectly.
If you're going to go to such great lengths to crucify me over something I never even said but implied, could you at least point out where I implied it? And be sure to include what I was responding to when I supposedly implied it.

Or I can just tell you where you're getting all of this from. JakeRobb asked me why I benchmark Caddy interiors against Lexus - he even went so far as to say it's typically an unfair comparison for Caddy (HE said this, NOT me). It was *then*, without SRX being *anywhere* in the context of discussion, that I said "Lexus is by most independent opinions out there, a great if not the benchmark for overall interior design and assembly - not only in terms of looks but also tactile feel, comfort, and quietness."

That is it.

Or feel free to share if I missed some other 'implications' where you'd like to place some more words in my mouth?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

I didn't say anything was unfair. I said your expectations seemed unrealistic to me.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I didn't say anything was unfair. I said your expectations seemed unrealistic to me.
Unfair comparison ~= unrealistic expectations?

If not, what were you trying to say that was different?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

While it's fine to want a redesigned Cadillac interior to blow you away, I don't think you should expect it. I got the impression that when you heard that SRX had a new interior, you immediately expected to be blown away, and were disappointed when you instead found something that for the most part matches the (excellent) competition.

I think it is completely fair to compare, and never meant to imply otherwise. I just think it's silly to expect a game of leapfrog at this point in time, given the players and their history.