Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Boston Auto show thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 12:24 AM

Boston Auto show thoughts

I saw a commercial for my local fox news the other night and the reporter was at the auto show and had no one around him in the Chrysler and GMC sections shouting" Does anyone even want an american car anymore? Hello?"
I wonder if he was there at 7 in the morning. When I was there I saw the majority of the crowd between Chevy Ford and Dodge. Some import brands had strong support but their seemed to be more around the big 3. Lexus and Kia had only a handful of people.

Here are a few observations I made:

The big 3's trucks feel light years ahead of the tundra and titan(its old). The F-150 was very nice. The tailgate was so light its amazing how easy it is to close.

Not too many people in Mercury but Lincoln had a strong interest group.

There was 4 Corvettes there and all at any given time had 8-10 people all over them.

Pontiac had a ton more people on its floor than Buick. I heard quite a few comments from people talking about how great the G8 is. The solstice coupe was nice, but the GF and I both were so amazed by the Sky GXP(never seen one in person before) that we didn't even care.

Took a good 15 min or so to get near the CTS-V even the regular CTS they had there I kept checking in on til it had a lull then I still waited 5-10 min. CTS wagon was cool. The STS needs an update it looks so aged in the line-up. I also think the XLR could use a little interior freshen.

As much as it gets blasted in the media Hummer had quite a few people always crawling all over their vehicles about as much as Pontiac which is still more than Buick.

Well I'm tired maybe I'll post more as I remember it
Old 12-07-2008, 10:12 AM

I agree with most of what you said I think many people were checking out the american auto industry to get a look at something other than the imports..I like how you had to walk right into the Toyota area right off the bat..I will post pics up soon..

they had a ZR1 there! and a V6 Camaro..that I found a lot of people not as excited as BB. They had the SS lineup there and that was cool
Old 12-07-2008, 10:44 AM

I know an SS version of every car they make.....cept the Camaro

Yea the Camaro had lots of attention.

I also got to admit the Mustang looked better in pics. From the pictures I have seen I really liked the headlights but in person not so much. It was a V-6 car maybe they have different headlights?

4 Challengers there also got lots of attention. The GF loved the orange one and she doesn't usually go for the loud colors.

Amazing how much money Chevrolet had sitting on the floor. The Corvettes alone were $300K +, nevermind all the one off concepts like the Equinox fuel cell, Camaro, Hybrid Silverado. Nissan only managed one GT-R. Ford only one Mustang.

I have never been in any new Toyotas before. They aren't bad they aren't great. Just boring really.

Last edited by super83Z; 12-07-2008 at 10:48 AM.