Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

5th gen Contest- Help my friend JohnnyGMachine

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 05:59 AM

Exclamation 5th gen Contest- Help my friend JohnnyGMachine

Hey everyone, my artist, John McBride entered a 5th gen concpt contest at GM, and needs your vote. All the other cars are photoshopped pics, and i've gotta help spread the word. Take 2 seconds out of your day and go vote please.
http://www.gminsidenews.com/5contest.shtml
Tyler
Old 03-20-2003, 08:16 AM
Classic Tech Moderator

This doesn't seem to be related to classic tech. Moving to 5th gen forum.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:08 AM

Re: 5th gen Contest- Help my friend JohnnyGMachine

Originally posted by Teetoe_Jones
All the other cars are photoshopped pics...
That's not accurate. I think only one of the five is a photochop.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:45 AM

Thumbs down

I'm flattered that you thinK my SKETCHES are photoshopped. But they're not. Most of the submissions were not photoshopped. Of course Johnny G's image WAS created with help from photoshop, so your whole premise is wrong.

People should vote for the design they like best. Designs shouldn't be voted for on the basis of "friendship" - that makes a mockery of the intent of the contest.

BTW, Johnny's submission is the one I would vote for if I weren't in the contest myself

-Bradster
Old 03-20-2003, 11:14 AM

Wink

Yeah, I'm not sure where you got the idea that all the others were photoshopped, but I have to tell you I worked my a$$ off on twenty-three individual hand rendered seperate done-on-paper sketched-out with my own fingers and pencil and pen and blood and sweat drawings for that contest.

Did I mention mine weren't photoshopped?

And yes, please vote for the one you like the best!
Old 03-20-2003, 11:23 AM

does anyone know why this one wasnt submitted. if it were on the car lots today, i would buy 2.
http://community.webshots.com/script...ecurity=QCahMB
Old 03-20-2003, 12:11 PM

For me it's a close call between Raven's design and Johnny's. In the end I went with Raven's. I like Camarokid's, but it's a little too retro for me.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:34 PM

Actually if you look closely at Camarokid's and Johnny's designs they are very similar with the main difference being the front fascia.

I can actually see both designs being combined into one, Camarokid's being more buildable, and Johnny's being more in line with the direction Chevrolet is already pursuing with their front nose designs. (i.e. the "cross-bar".)

Since the voting is close and both are so far ahead of the others, why not submit both designs to Chevrolet?
Old 03-20-2003, 01:11 PM

Since the voting is close and both are so far ahead of the others, why not submit both designs to Chevrolet?
I have said the same thing to Johnny, especially from the rear ours do look alike, and I wouldnt have a problem at all with both of ours being sent, I have been thinkin that might happen anyway since it's been so close.
Old 03-20-2003, 03:41 PM

I gotta say that I like both of those designs (CamaroKid & Johnny), + I like the one by Raven as well (the 2ng gen styling is cool). In the end Camarokid's design got my vote. Which leads us to the "Retro" question! According to the latest results CamaroKid's and Johnny's designs are way out in front of the pack. Is this a strong indicator that a "retro" design will work well on the F5?
Old 03-21-2003, 08:39 PM

Originally posted by Raven99
I'm flattered that you thinK my SKETCHES are photoshopped. But they're not.

As the person who picked your submission, i can testify that they are NOT photoshopped.

its just downright distastefull to ask for people to vote for your friend
Old 03-21-2003, 09:36 PM

Smile Thanks!

Thanks for your support, Mervz!

regardless who won the contest, It's been fun to do some sketching and to do some exchanging of ideas about something we all are hopeful and anxious about - what the next generation Camaro (and hopefully Firebird) could be
Old 03-22-2003, 01:45 AM

I just wanna congratulate everybody, I know there are some people takin shots at how the pix were made, but this wasnt an art contest, it was a design contest, everybody worked hard on there pix and are obviously proud of them enuff to enter them and should be damn well proud of their great work, and I thank everyone who shared, and I've said before I wish more people had entered cuz there were alot of other designs out there that we never got to see, and some who said they didnt even bother entering cuz they felt like they wouldnt have had a chance, but there pix were just as good as the rest and inspiring, maybe if Chevrolet could see what were all thinkin instead of just the 5 finalists, then maybe they could take a little hint from all of our designs and they would have a better idea of what were all thinkin, becuz as we can all see not just any one of the designs makes everybody happy, and there never really would be any one design to make everybody happy, and I would imagine from having read most all of the posts here that some people only voted for something close to what they liked from what they had to pick from, but not what they really wanna see, there are of course alot of people with Camaros of all generations obviously, and every generation wasnt represented, I have a '67 Camaro so I naturally chose to do the retro design, but in the end the truth is I would love to see a retro designed Camaro come out in the near future, but if it doesnt, I dont care along as the Camaro comes back, I imagine we all feel the same way, and whos to say for us people who want a retro Camaro that there will never be one, cuz there probably will, maybe not when it comes back but instead for an anniversary car in the future. I had said before in another post that regardless of what the Camaro comes back as we would all love it no matter what it looks like jus becuz its back, but after having read all the GTO posts I dont know that that is the case, I just hope when it does come back that it doesnt end up with all the same problems the GTO is having, meaning the problem as far as looks go, but with everybody seemingly split over what they want in a new Camaro it seems we may end with the same problem when the Camaro does come out. As the saying goes beggers can't be choosers. Again though to everybody who showed your designs, great work and be damn proud of what you have done, dont let anyone tell you your design isnt good enuff for any reason, and to anybody who has designs, please show them off here, dont be afraid what people will say, most often you only get replys from the people who like your work, and there will be people who like it cuz everybody likes something diffrent, we here on the board all love to see what people are thinkin and comin up with. Again thanx everybody and geat job to all.