Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Window Banner

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 03:23 AM

Window Banner

Im gonna be getting a window banner soon anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-30-2004, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Be prepared, c0rey, for a lot of negative type comments

A smaller CAMARO banner looks decent. Or, if you have a nickname or club name those generally look pretty good as well.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:55 AM

Originally posted by Brent94Z
Be prepared, c0rey, for a lot of negative type comments
I'm first in line.

Banners are stupid, and lame looking, 96.3% of the time. And if you're doing it just because you have your heart set on covering the top of your windshield with something.... It'll probably fit into that 96.3.

Spend your money on some cool, non-pointless stuff... Like vinyl reflective overlays, CAMARO fill in letters, 3rd brake light covers from Brent.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:59 AM

imo it doesnt like bad if u just put lettering on there and not to big --- if u put a solid vinyl strip accroos s the top like a sun guard then put lettering on it looks like POO lol ---- then again my cars have always had Camaro or Chevy Racing acrros the top of em and i think it looks good if its done right
Old 01-30-2004, 08:11 AM

Originally posted by ErockZ28
then again my cars have always had Camaro or Chevy Racing acrros the top of em and i think it looks good if its done right
I had that on my car, actually. I made my own "custom" Chevrolet Racing one by chopping two decals up and putting em together. Here it is

You can barely see it. And that's the good thing. If you look for it, you can see it, but you can't spot me from 3 blocks away from my horrible full window banner. I can't stand the huge ones.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:34 AM

Wow! I am surprised you have not had your a$$ slammed yet for wanting a banner. I do not think they look that bad as long as you do not get "old english letters" or some tacky slogan.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:46 AM

I don't understand the whole banner thing. I guess putting your car club's name on there isn't bad if it isn't too big, but putting something humongous, like "Camaro" in really big letters, on it is just retarded. Is that just in case you forget what you're driving? Small ones, like the one Nate posted, aren't too bad. I'd never get one though.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:36 AM

Banner's are nice and cool I loved mine....for about 2 weeks

You will get bored with it just like I did and after you scrape it off and throw it away you'll think to yourself why did I spend 20 bucks on something I just threw away
Old 01-30-2004, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by kick Z tail out
I had that on my car, actually. I made my own "custom" Chevrolet Racing one by chopping two decals up and putting em together. Here it is

You can barely see it. And that's the good thing. If you look for it, you can see it, but you can't spot me from 3 blocks away from my horrible full window banner. I can't stand the huge ones.

mine is just a little bigger then that and it came with the car --- im getting rid of it and making it a small one --- i know the guy that owns a shop that does vinyl very close friend and a friend from school he just bought a vinyl cutter as well so i dun pay for it i have very small logos on my rear windows on the side usually to advertise cuz i get free work dun everywhere like my body shop my tune up shop my vinyl shop and well i own an autoparts store so y not advertise it for free eh
Old 01-30-2004, 11:31 AM

banners can be ok sometimes.......i guess
but i agree with Kick Z Tail Out: 96.3% of the time they are gay. especially the ones on ricer's cars. i nearly die laughing at some of them

like this guy down the street from me; he has a 200x yellow cavalier that is riced out and a windshield banner in big yellow lettters that simply says: "IMPORT"
another identity crisis aparrently