Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 09:49 AM

This thread is titled (Who would be interested), not (for those that aren't interested).
Old 12-08-2007, 09:59 AM

just for humor if i have time this weekend, i am going to buy some modeling clay.... see how long it would take me to make a mould of the headlight buckets..... cause i know all have said if you could do it, u would have.... so for the hell of it, im going to see how hard it would be to make one..... so lets look at it this way.... need 5 lbs of modeling clay, some fiberglass, resin, and a full day... i would think i should be able to form a nice inner shape to look at or just to get an idea of how it needs to look.....

if i can find the clay, ill post pics
Old 12-09-2007, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by snorkelface
That's cool that you have a setup that you like, but I'd gladly spend the extra money on the project they are working on. I'm sure you'd realize that a custom-molded replacement would cost a bit more to produce than a generic setup.
Of course. I'd prefer a prefabricated setup too. But I doubt I'd ever be able to justify that price tag when I could fab something up myself for roughly 1/3 the price. And the satisfaction of having done it myself is worth something to me too.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by camarolt4ss
post up pics of your hella set up, so we can all see, i know you showed me back when.... but so there is another option for ppl
For those interested:

Materials for bracket - angle aluminum from Home Depot and bracket from Susquehana Motorsports, where I bought the lamps from

Assembled bracket and lamp (90 mm Hella)

Both lamps in place

Braces added to stabilize assembly

ABS plastic covers to make it look professional and protect the hardware

How it looks with the hood closed
Old 12-10-2007, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bud M
Of course. I'd prefer a prefabricated setup too. But I doubt I'd ever be able to justify that price tag when I could fab something up myself for roughly 1/3 the price. And the satisfaction of having done it myself is worth something to me too.
That's great for you, but that doesn't mean that there aren't MANY more people that don't have the time/resources to fabricate anything like this for themselves, nor would they even like the basic type setup you're showing. Not to knock your setup, but to each their own. That's cool that you took the time to setup something yourself.

That aside, some of these naysayer posts are really getting old. There are a number of people that are interested in this product coming out, and people just coming in to post for the purposes of crapping on the parade serve NO purpose. Why don't you just unsubscribe to the thread? The title of the thread is "Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?" That doesn't seem to include some of you.

/rant.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:50 PM

cause all of us who want it, wanted it when it was first promised to us.... as i said before alot of us who have the cars away for the winter dont really care as its time away, so no biggy, but for the others who are told a set date, and then find out nothing has even been done yet... what about when spring comes, then its going to be out in fall or next spring....

how long will it take for them to understand to put some time into this before ppl get sick and tired of waiting, and then all the r&d they say they are putting into these will be for nothing....
Old 12-10-2007, 03:57 PM

cause all of us who want it, wanted it when it was first promised to us.... as i said before alot of us who have the cars away for the winter dont really care as its time away, so no biggy, but for the others who are told a set date, and then find out nothing has even been done yet... what about when spring comes, then its going to be out in fall or next spring....

how long will it take for them to understand to put some time into this before ppl get sick and tired of waiting, and then all the r&d they say they are putting into these will be for nothing....
They gave us their "estimate" which would be done by any reputable company doing something similar to this. Estimates are most times not accurate. If you cannot accept this, please stop posting negative comments for those of us that are willing to wait until they are finished and content with the progress that is being made.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:30 PM

mine are never negative against them, just being honest about it..... and i would believe that if they had even started them, but from what i heard they have not even started a prototype of the light yet......
Old 12-10-2007, 05:33 PM

mine are never negative against them, just being honest about it..... and i would believe that if they had even started them, but from what i heard they have not even started a prototype of the light yet......
lol, okay dude.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:16 PM

Just let this thread die...........
Old 12-10-2007, 08:17 PM

Gees man, we have your point already! Thank you for your input, we know that you're disappointed and are no longer interested. Now, if you could please, leave this thread alone unless you have something CONSTRUCTIVE to add.

Again, refer to the title of this thread.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bud M
For those interested:

Materials for bracket - angle aluminum from Home Depot and bracket from Susquehana Motorsports, where I bought the lamps from

Assembled bracket and lamp (90 mm Hella)

Both lamps in place

Braces added to stabilize assembly

ABS plastic covers to make it look professional and protect the hardware

How it looks with the hood closed
WoW
That is not really my style but you work looks pretty good. Especially for someone who I would guess has never done this type of thing before. Maybe you could make set and work with the company and they could go off of yours to get started
Old 12-10-2007, 08:33 PM

and i never said i wont buy a pair, if you read all my posts says the time doesnt matter to me as my car is away.... see this is the problem with some of you... read all of what someone says not just the parts u want to see
Old 12-10-2007, 08:35 PM

and i never said i wont buy a pair, if you read all my posts says the time doesnt matter to me as my car is away.... see this is the problem with some of you... read all of what someone says not just the parts u want to see
You want us all to look through the 40 pages of posts or remember everything you put up? All that I know is that they have been negative for sometime, and they recently have not been constructive in anyway shape or form.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:39 PM

umm ya they have, i posted pics with possible imput onto other options on how they could look.....

you have nothing good to say ever, so why do you type at all?

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?