Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Chevycobb
I really would like to hear an update from focuztech too. Im curious to hear where they are with it. He did say fall, so if they have a product out soon then they kept there word it seems

i don't even want them anymore.. i did about 3 years ago when this started though
Old 10-12-2007, 11:12 AM

well i think they should at least post the pics, and for call911 or w.e your name is... sorry i dont come on here enough to remember... your always defending them with a vengance... so where are the pics? so we know wtf is going on
Old 10-12-2007, 11:50 AM

I left a message for them to call me back a couple of days ago, but haven't had a response. Hopefully they'll get back to me today since it's Friday.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:07 PM

Confidence is low...confidence is low. If its this hard to get an update imagine how hard it will be to correct any issues you have with the product after purchase.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:30 PM

this is what worries me the most about this whole deal... if they promised to not leave us in the dark... and yet here we are... so what happens when we have problems? or does the fact that we spent money actually make a diff??
Old 10-14-2007, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Munson
i don't even want them anymore.. i did about 3 years ago when this started though
ha ha your not the only one

drag your feet long enough on something and that is bound to happen
Old 10-14-2007, 07:18 PM

Sorry I have not been checking things out on a regular basis, but I am deployed in the desert again, so I don't have the time I usually do.

I understand some of your frustration. I last talked to Mike before I deployed, and he said they had a few things that slowed the process, but things are still being done anyways. As for the time frame, they did say late 2007 as an early estimate, but when I talked to Mike he said because of the delays it might be early 2008. If you say this is an easy process, and can't understand why it takes so long then please consider that this has never been done for this car before, and it is a long process of them funding the project, as well as getting a Camaro, getting in touch with people to make it happen on a multitude of levels, and waiting on other people as well. They said from the beggining that it would take a while, and like most other big projects there were some tie ups. How many shops have you known to do major work on your car, and actually got it done on time? This doesn't mean they didn't do a good job, but to do the job right, sometimes it takes a while.

Mike did say that he would update the progress, and I don't think he remembered to, so I will email him again if I get a chance to. If you are frustrated, please call FocuzTech, and ask them to update this as well, or email him. I know he is busy, but with enough emails, and calls, I am confident he will get back with us.

BTW, I came up with this idea last year at this time while I was deployed so it has been 1 year, not 3.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:07 PM

i have always had my car back on time, with in the hour..... never more then that.... so i dont know who you have working on your cars but mine is always done on time....

as well its obvious that this has not been done before, but for every single new car that comes out, on ebay with in 2-3 months you see aftermarket headlights, and projectors....

the process is the same, take the front bumper, make a mould on it, make a negative casting of that mould, fill with liguid abs, get a general casting shape, make a prototype... shouldnt take more then a month to get the prototype done......

and this is the process i go about when i make custom bike headlights, and i know its a VERY long process, but this time frame is starting to get a lil crazy, especially when there is no updates
Old 10-14-2007, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by CALL911
Sorry I have not been checking things out on a regular basis, but I am deployed in the desert again, so I don't have the time I usually do.

I understand some of your frustration. I last talked to Mike before I deployed, and he said they had a few things that slowed the process, but things are still being done anyways. As for the time frame, they did say late 2007 as an early estimate, but when I talked to Mike he said because of the delays it might be early 2008. If you say this is an easy process, and can't understand why it takes so long then please consider that this has never been done for this car before, and it is a long process of them funding the project, as well as getting a Camaro, getting in touch with people to make it happen on a multitude of levels, and waiting on other people as well. They said from the beggining that it would take a while, and like most other big projects there were some tie ups. How many shops have you known to do major work on your car, and actually got it done on time? This doesn't mean they didn't do a good job, but to do the job right, sometimes it takes a while.

Mike did say that he would update the progress, and I don't think he remembered to, so I will email him again if I get a chance to. If you are frustrated, please call FocuzTech, and ask them to update this as well, or email him. I know he is busy, but with enough emails, and calls, I am confident he will get back with us.

BTW, I came up with this idea last year at this time while I was deployed so it has been 1 year, not 3.
I purposely exaggerated the time frame.. Also, you reporting for the company doesn't mean nearly as much as one of them actually taking the time(minutes) to just give some updates on what they started. I mean they are making these to sell them right? You would think there would be a little more enthusiasm..
Old 10-14-2007, 08:42 PM

I have to agree with munson on one thing, and thats the fact that through this whole process they havent felt the prupose to update the people that originally gave them such a huge positive feedback to even start the project. I mean if they can't keep it up to even give monthly updates that will take only a few minutes to give.. what kind of service can we expect when/if they get done? I dont really have a dog in this anymore as far as buying them because my camaro is already sold now. I just dont like seeing people (especially companies) promise one thing and do something different.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:58 PM

i just want someone to call them out on this keeping us in the dark and lets see what progress has been done so we know wtf is actually going on, vs 15 of us just randomly guessing and such
Old 10-14-2007, 09:50 PM

You guys who feel mistreated because the company isn't keeping you updated on a weekly basis are being unrealistic. They do have a business to run.
On the other hand, I can't believe that engineering a headlight assembly, getting a prototype together, having parts made and getting some kits together should take a year and a half, especially considering that this isn't their first effort at something like that. They really do seem to be dragging their feet.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:57 PM

This will probably be like the Edelbrock intake and MSD OPTI.... Day late and dollar short...
Old 10-15-2007, 05:29 AM

This is the hand of cards we have been dealt here. I believe in FocuzTech from talking with them on this project the last year, that they will make a quality headlamp here. Different lights have been done for the LS1 Camaro's, but the stock lamps are already of similar shape, so theres not really a whole lot to change, unlike what the 93-97 Camaros currently have, to what FocuzTech is making. If you think it is taking to long, then try to find another company who will make them in a faster time. I don't think they are dragging their feet personally. I just think they are very specific on what they want, and are dedicated to making a quality piece unlike most of the parts you will find on ebay. As been mentioned before, they don't have time to update us all the time. This project did start on this forum, but this forum is not their single most important priority to keep updating constantly. On top of making this project they have a company to run that sells numerous other products.

I can only say so much though. I haven't talked to Mike since I started my deployment a while ago. If you want updates, or would like production photos, or would like to express your concern, you can vent on here if you like, or even take it out on me if you feel it neccisary. But if you want to actually get results, you need to contact FocuzTech, via email, PM, or calling them. Again, if enough people contact them on this, I am confident Mike will step in here to give everyone an update
Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 AM

i think you just hit the problem right on the head, with out knowing it...... you said if enough ppl contact them, they will update.... well thats not the problem... we shouldnt have to bitch and complain or anything, they told us they would, and they have NOT... thas the problem, as well, everyones concern about not getting customer service when we have the finished product... thats a huge concern of mine and im sure alot of other ppls here..... and last but not least... again your right this is not the only product they make, altho with the number of ppl who were going to purchase these when the hype was all here.... i think thats a huge $$$$ figure that they are overlooking

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?