Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

where can i find a white a/c overlay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 10:56 AM

Thumbs up where can i find a white a/c overlay?

to match my white face gauges???

Paul
Old 01-31-2003, 11:25 AM

1) go to brent's site
2) in the install/fix-it guide, find the "free HVAC overlays" page (near or at the bottom)
3) find an overlay you like for your type car
4) download the file as a jpg or bmp or whatever
5) open up a word doc and paste the image in the word document
6) go measure the length and height of your HVAC
7) print out a test copy (black and white/low quality paper) and compare sizes. if it's too big, resize in the word document- this is great for sizing, because the proportions stay the same.
8) once you are printing the right size, print it in color in high quality. I recommend using photo paper then covering that w/ contact paper, otherwise it will fade and rub off after a few months.
9) cut out the holes and install. not too bad.

IF you have a Z28/LT1 engine, I have a docfile i can email you that has the sizing perfected already, you could start at step 8).
my overlay is white w/ Z28 and LT1 logos between the *****.
Good luck,
Jay
Old 01-31-2003, 05:00 PM

MeefZ28, do you have the doc file for a 95 Camaro, i've tried saving it at Brent's site but the quality is poor if i open it in word,i really suck at this so if you have it i was wondering if you had it??? Also once you print it and put contact paper over it what do you do just glue it over the stock one????
e-mail me @ whiteheartbeat95@aol.com thanks

my sig
whiteheartbeat
Centerline 18x8,18x9.5 wheels,255/35/18,285/35/18 Dunlop tires, Arizona Speed & Marine cold air,mass air sensor,March pulleys,Borla cat back,Hypertech programmer,Mac springs,KYB adjustable shocks,BMR stb,clear corners,clear headlight covers,
Old 02-01-2003, 11:41 AM

dont have any gauges except for a 97 and the years that have the same interior as a 97.
as far as install goes for attaching- no glue.
since you print it out on a piece of paper, it'll be one sheet. you'll have to cut out (razor blade) the holes for the ***** (and defroster button). WHEN YOU DO THIS, only make the holes slightly bigger than the inner hole of the **** (look at the **** from the other side and you'll see what i mean- it has a circle that fits into the dash- the actual **** is bigger than this. by doing this, the **** will fit thru the hole and into the dash, but not go thru the hole. This is what secures the overlay to the panel. Also, you can leave a little extra length on the ends, and the radio trim piece will hold it on around the outside. same works for the headlight controls/****. Good luck,
Jay
Old 02-01-2003, 08:24 PM

Here is a link to a company that offers HVAC and Light panel overlays... Just in case you didn't want to make them yourself...

http://www.interior-auto.com/