Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

What do you think of my new black'd out interior?....90% done

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 09:00 PM

Talking What do you think of my new black'd out interior?....90% done

Well my light gray interior had seen better days. It was all stained and faded. I always wanted the graphite interior so I figured I'd do it myself. Here is what I ended up w/...
Before:

I still need to get some new seat belts that are dark, I need to get some new visors, and I am going to replace my current door panels w/ some trans-am panels. I also just realized looking at these pics that I forgot the t-top trim as well... If anyone has what I need, let me know!

After:

This is my first ever w/ headliner repair. I had to do it 2x because the first time I didn't get the fabric properly stretched around for the t-top opening. I think this turned out pretty good for the first time doing it and it only cost me $14 for supplies and most of that was the adhesive!

All you need to do this is stain, dye, and paint. Once I get the new door panels and seat belts, It will prob have cost me just over $200....at least 150 being for the new door panels
Old 07-07-2007, 09:03 PM

Oh, I also fixed my drivers side seat w/ some black leather tape...can't even tell its ripped anymore. I can live w/ this till I feel like shelling out mad cash for a new cover or new seats.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:05 PM

looks nice, i wanted to do that
Old 07-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Banned

Looks alot better

What dye did you use?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by mdacton
Looks alot better

What dye did you use?
Some cheap black clothes dye from wal-mart....4 bottles at 2 bucks a bottle. I soaked the carpet, then put the dye in a spray bottle and went to town. I did 4 coats total.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:22 PM

good work
Old 07-08-2007, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by stroked 383
Some cheap black clothes dye from wal-mart....4 bottles at 2 bucks a bottle. I soaked the carpet, then put the dye in a spray bottle and went to town. I did 4 coats total.
Only thing that I can see with the dye is that if you sweat on that seat.. or get wet and sit down it is going to bleed.. alot like if you dye a set of blue jeans or a shirt with that stuff. the 1st 2 washes will take some of it back out. Looks good though.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Angelis83LT
Only thing that I can see with the dye is that if you sweat on that seat.. or get wet and sit down it is going to bleed.. alot like if you dye a set of blue jeans or a shirt with that stuff. the 1st 2 washes will take some of it back out. Looks good though.
I actually dyed the seats w/ a black saddle dye that you just polish in. I have mink oiled the seats as well...thats why they look shiny in the pics, and so far it hasn't bled. Mink oil has single handedly revived all of my leather seats. The dye was also oil based so I'm not too worried about getting it wet.

I guess only time will tell. My one friend insists that it's going to bleed.

With the carpet, I washed it out until the water ran clear, then hung it and washed it again. I also scotchguarded it 3x (one big can) so it should be damn near water proof. I prob spent 2 weekends working on that stupid carpet but it was in bad shape.

Thanks for the compliments.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by stroked 383
I actually dyed the seats w/ a black saddle dye that you just polish in. I have mink oiled the seats as well...thats why they look shiny in the pics, and so far it hasn't bled. Mink oil has single handedly revived all of my leather seats. The dye was also oil based so I'm not too worried about getting it wet.

I guess only time will tell. My one friend insists that it's going to bleed.

With the carpet, I washed it out until the water ran clear, then hung it and washed it again. I also scotchguarded it 3x (one big can) so it should be damn near water proof. I prob spent 2 weekends working on that stupid carpet but it was in bad shape.

Thanks for the compliments.
Yea I have seen first hand that it bleeds (a friend of mine did it with a set of white leather seats and turned them black.) the bleed enough to toast 3 of his shirts / jeans lol. but after that it was fine.. he did wash the seats though after that.. I think he dyed them 2 times. the first time they ended up grey after a washing. then the second time it his the charcoal black after washing.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Angelis83LT
Yea I have seen first hand that it bleeds (a friend of mine did it with a set of white leather seats and turned them black.) the bleed enough to toast 3 of his shirts / jeans lol. but after that it was fine.. he did wash the seats though after that.. I think he dyed them 2 times. the first time they ended up grey after a washing. then the second time it his the charcoal black after washing.
ha,
warning taken...I'll pull em and soak them down tomorrow. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:14 AM

dude you need to do I write up!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:47 AM

that **** is awesome!!!!

how did you dye the plastic parts that hold the rear speakers?!?!?!

dude we need a write up! great job
Old 07-08-2007, 03:01 PM

Thanks, it was real easy! Take out all of the seats, then console, then panels, then u can get to your headliner and carpet. For some good before and after go here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2225850/3
Old 07-08-2007, 04:06 PM

Its definitely looking alot better, nice work.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:22 PM

Looks good man! Nice custom job!

Quick Reply: What do you think of my new black'd out interior?....90% done