Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

What to do next to white Z28?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 11:50 PM

What to do next to white Z28?

I'm looking for suggestions on new ways to improve the appearance of my car. Here are some pics... the car is at stock ride height. I have a SS spoiler, it just hasnt been painted yet. It doesnt have to go on, I may decide to go with something else. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The interor has the red/black seats. Nothing on the interior has been changed.

I just need some ideas, interior and exterior. I tend to like subtle things....

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:21 AM

Honestly, I think your car looks pretty good as-is. The only thing I don't care for much is the multi-colored badging (i.e. red Z28 on rear, red bowtie on front, black Z28 on sides, all on a white car) but at the same time, I see why you had to do it that way. I like subtlty as well. On my polo green 96, I changed the bowtie to white, added white inlays, white bowties on the sail panels, and removed the foglights and put foglight grills in instead. Other than that, all I did was the Hella FF75 conversion and C5 wheels. I don't know how much farther you can go and still call it subtle. IMO, you could leave it as is and it will look great, but I know how ya feel when after a while, you just feel like doing something different. Here's some pics of my 96:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/693103/8
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/693103/9
Old 12-31-2006, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Rebelphotog96
Honestly, I think your car looks pretty good as-is. The only thing I don't care for much is the multi-colored badging (i.e. red Z28 on rear, red bowtie on front, black Z28 on sides, all on a white car) but at the same time, I see why you had to do it that way. I like subtlty as well. On my polo green 96, I changed the bowtie to white, added white inlays, white bowties on the sail panels, and removed the foglights and put foglight grills in instead. Other than that, all I did was the Hella FF75 conversion and C5 wheels. I don't know how much farther you can go and still call it subtle. IMO, you could leave it as is and it will look great, but I know how ya feel when after a while, you just feel like doing something different. Here's some pics of my 96:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/693103/8
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/693103/9
Thanks for the compliment.. I would like to ride around in something different, preferably a Vette. Unfortunately finances won't allow for that any time soon.

I was thinking about changing the rear badge back to black... or possibly white... its just an overlay. I just haven't gotten around to it and was wanting some opinions.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:41 AM

I like the rear badges the way they are. Definetly put the SS spoiler on, it will go with your subtle theme. Have you checked out any hoods? I prefer SS hoods, but SLP's Ultra Z hood is sweet too. Check out my pics in my sig, we seem to have similar taste in mods.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:04 AM

Steve-O,

Good looking car so far. I'd suggest the black billet grille with a nice little bow tie off an older Chevy muscle car. White guages were a recent upgrade for me and I couldn't be happier with them. Might want to look into a set for yourself; really wakes up the interior a bit.

As I said, your ride is clean and subtle so far, and I like that you are in the mind set to keep it that way. Less is always more.

Cheers,

-John
Old 12-31-2006, 11:40 AM

Get rid of that side door molding..it looks so much cleaner with out it..
just take a heat gun or blowdryer to heat up the two sided tape holding it on and just yank it off and pull the excess tape off..or some ppl heat it and put fishing line behind it and pull it off

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...y/DSC_3716.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...y/DSC_8686.jpg

Heres my buddy's white Z without door molding and badges (cause i told him to take it off)
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...hesBack040.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...hesBack012.jpg

and get a 14" Antenna because it lines up with the roof line..I think a 8" antenna looks too small
I got mine on ebay from this guy for 18$ shipped..email him and ask him for a 14" for u car
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhQ5foQ5f5Q2e0

Last edited by Bow94z; 12-31-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:46 AM

I say change your amber turn signal bulbs to LED switchbacks; clear side markers w/red LEDs; an maybe put on a stainless steel under radiator air deflector.

Last edited by Evil Lord Lucas; 12-31-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:32 PM

I agree with the others, your car does look good as is. An SS hood would definitely add some character to it if you finances allow. That is definitely a mod I want to do to my car when some money becomes available. Black ZR1s or Z06s always look good against a white bodied car.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:27 PM

I think they look pretty good when you paint the black on the mirrors and nose white I did mine and it looks pretty good.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:52 PM

I would pretty much do a SS hood an wing, an call it a day. You have a very clean looking car.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:47 PM

When you get the SS spoiler painted, have them touchup your front bumper if they will. Other than that, it looks great.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:14 PM

I think my wheels and tires that I am selling would look awesome on your car

Seriously though, the biggest thing you can do to improve the look of your car IMO is to change the wheels. Although I like the way your car looks. I have similar tastes, not going with anything that screams out to the world, but instead is subtle yet noticable.

BTW, if by chance you are interested, the wheels I am selling are 17X9.5 Gunmetal Grey (rare) Z06 wheels, with new tires.

Last edited by CALL911; 01-01-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:57 PM

white Z-28s

I think I've seen more white Z-28s in North Carolina than anywhere else.

I took my 96 white Z-28 down to visit my folks in Hope Mills in August and there was one white Z-28 like mine in the area.

I then took my red 02 Eclipse GT down in November and there were white Z-28s all over the place. I was beginning to wonder if there was a white Z-28 convention going on down there.

Yours looks pretty darn good. I've never seen one with the black between the lights like yours. It sure makes it stand out.

I am jealous that you don't need a front license plate in North Carolina.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Steve0
Thanks for the compliment.. I would like to ride around in something different, preferably a Vette. Unfortunately finances won't allow for that any time soon.

I was thinking about changing the rear badge back to black... or possibly white... its just an overlay. I just haven't gotten around to it and was wanting some opinions.
While a vette would definitely be nice, as far as the badges go, I've got the red carbon fiber badges from rksport and they look great. I think that if you went with the red c/f nose emblem, z28 badges and camaro lettering in the rear, it would look really sharp on the white paint. A ss hood and maybe some ground effects would also really change the look of the car.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:45 AM
Banned

Well I was going to say pull off the body side moldings, but somebody beat me to it. I was also going to say get a shorter antenna, but I was beat to the punch on that one too. I can say however, that there is no need to buy a different antenna. I just cut mine and got a rubber tip to go on the end of it and it still works fine. I've actually got both of those done to my car, see below.
This is the only pic I have that you can see the antenna in. I cut it about an inch above the roofline and I think it's perfect. I'm not sure exactly how long it is, but it looks a lot better than the lightning rod that it used to be. As far as the tip I mentioned, it was just the rubber tip from a magnetic CB antenna whip. (Wilson 1000 to be exact)

Last edited by shock6906; 01-03-2007 at 12:48 AM.

Quick Reply: What to do next to white Z28?