Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Vertical doors

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:09 AM

Vertical doors

Bought my second f-body (95 3.4 Camaro) a couple months back, and saw a "lambo" door kit on ebay. Has anyone installed one of these? If so is it worth the $$$$$$ ?
Old 07-21-2006, 03:36 AM

Re: Vertical doors

Warning, this thread will get ugly. There are a small handfull of guys thats done it but they were all scared away. Be prepared for ignorant replies and people trying to shove thier opinions down your throat.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:44 AM

i think it would look real good on camaro. ive been looking into some kits for it also, i know it can be done and if i remember correctly its just taking off the door and putting the new hinges on and maybe a lil welding. i know a guy who deos them and i will ask him whats all involved in doing it
Old 07-21-2006, 06:22 AM

do a search and you will find some people who have done it. IMO it doesnt look good but its your car so go for it if you like it. You will have to cut the body where it flares out to meet the mirrors, so the door can rotate up with out hitting it
Old 07-21-2006, 07:41 AM

Camaro doors are nice and heavy... just the thing to have towering over your crotch as you get out of the car.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:16 AM

Although I would not do it to my car, I can't say it would be something I would point at in laughter.

Now, put some neon lights underyour car, put on some 20inch spinner wheels, and jack up the rear of your car and be prepared to get laughed at.

Long story short, personally I don't think it would look bad on an F-body. Honda Hunter is right though that many people might think so.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:41 AM

I wouldn't have it on my car but then again, YOU ARE NOT ME. With that said, if you want it, go for it because it is your car.

Someone mentioned a search earlier in the thread and that will be a world of help to you. I say that because a guy a earlier this year posted pics of his car with the kit installed. He even had pics of the install from start to finish on his cardomain site. So, check the search; I would say it has maybe been 3-4 months ago now. Good luck.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:59 AM

That was like a 12 page thread were everyone who was a member here got into it with someone.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:11 AM

A co-worker has been tryin to get me to install an underbody neon kit ever since I bought the Camaro; but I keep telling him that it would look nicer on his concorde.

Seriously, I've been wantin to get the vert doors just to give my car that more unique look.

btw; I found the kit shown in a previous thread on ebay for $1600.

Last edited by Evil Lord Lucas; 07-21-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Evil Lord Lucas
A co-worker has been tryin to get me to install an underbody neon kit ever since I bought the Camaro; but I keep telling him that it would look nicer on his concorde.

Seriously, I've been wantin to get the vert doors just to give my car that more unique look.
There are easier/cheaper ways to get that look. heres a look, how about a nice clean camaro with some ZR1's. No added badges, stock spoiler, stock hood. you dont see that anymore so that would be unique.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
There are easier/cheaper ways to get that look. heres a look, how about a nice clean camaro with some ZR1's. No added badges, stock spoiler, stock hood. you dont see that anymore so that would be unique.
Come up to norcal; you'll nothing but stock Camaros.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:40 AM

I dont think I own a vehicle that is legal to drive in cali thanks to the laws and emmision *****.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
I dont think I own a vehicle that is legal to drive in cali thanks to the laws and emmision *****.
We don't let that stop us from having fun. F*** em.

<----- Ai heads/cam 383 soon to be powering my car.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by kick Z tail out
We don't let that stop us from having fun. F*** em.
Nope, when i had my 97 z28 i had it with MAC headers, MAC uncatted ORY and open cut out for about a month, i think its pretty safe to say that was illegal =) but i had so much fun being the loudest car on the street, setting off car alarms and stuff
Old 07-22-2006, 01:37 AM

to install them on a camaro you have to cut the fenders where they flair to the mirrors. This is the reason i didnt do this. i like the look the flairs give the car.

Quick Reply: Vertical doors