Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Those who want airbag suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 09:25 PM

Re: Those who want airbag suspension

Oh, it definitely wouldn't be on a daily driver... but what you said concerns me. I don't want to be bouncing forever...

Does an airbag setup get rid of shocks or just the springs? (it probably says on the website, but I'm so busy right now I need the Cliff's Notes version of the site )
Old 03-26-2006, 11:21 PM

If you didn't see Horsepower TV this weekend, they did a episode on this upgrade. They installed the kit on a '98 LS1 and it looked like a worth while improvement. They didn't test quarter mile times, but air ride has already proven with their Mustang capable 60' times.

I don't think you would suffer the "bouncing" ride associated with the earlier air ride trucks/lowriders. The only downside is the mounting of the reserve air tank (almost as big as a nitrous bottle) and the pump itself. To bad it so expensive once you get all the parts together.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:17 PM

you need the compressor and the front struts and the rear bags and shocks

i like em and want a set but that'l come after my wheels, hood and stroker kit

as for the ride quaility my friend has em in his 99 s10 and it rides awesome, no bouncing

and as for auto-x and road crourses they supposedly shave mucho time off of your run

and yes you can adjust them on the fly or with an optional remote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Wraith
If you didn't see Horsepower TV this weekend, they did a episode on this upgrade. They installed the kit on a '98 LS1 and it looked like a worth while improvement. They didn't test quarter mile times, but air ride has already proven with their Mustang capable 60' times.

I don't think you would suffer the "bouncing" ride associated with the earlier air ride trucks/lowriders. The only downside is the mounting of the reserve air tank (almost as big as a nitrous bottle) and the pump itself. To bad it so expensive once you get all the parts together.
Funny thing is that I checked Air Ride Tech site and i couldn't find the set up for an LT1 much less for the LS1 they showed on HPTV.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:22 PM

http://www.ridetech.com/productinfo/airstrut.asp

scroll down to the applications. As for as the compressor kit with the tank you choose that for your own application.