Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Thirdgen Reproduction 'Notchback' availability

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 08:39 AM

Exclamation Thirdgen Reproduction 'Notchback' availability

Hey guys and gals! I'm not sure how many of you keep up on events at other boards so I thought I'd post here as well. There is currently some interest in getting the notchback for the thirdgen f-body reproduced over here. Seeing as how we're all one big f-body community I wanted to make sure this gets as much attention as possible. If you're interested, please post/respond over in that thread and call to make a deposit.

Here's a cut -n- paste of the relevant details (there's links to pix in the actual thread linked above):

I just called and spoke to Bruce about putting some cash down ($100) via credit card so he can gauge the interest level. As noted above it takes time and money to work one-off items like this. Here's how it's going to work: If he can get 10 people to put $100 up using credit cards. The card WILL NOT be charged until the group buy actually goes through - if he doesn't get ten people, then the cards are never charged and we go about our merry way, notchless.

Once we get ten people to roger up, he'll start the mold. 1-2 weeks for that. A week to make up a couple notchbacks from the mold in order to check for problems and/or corrections. Once that's done and we've got a good notch - then he can knock out two to three a week.

The window's are kind of a problem for him. The way things stand now, it looks like he's going to offer the notchbacks with fixed windows "stock" - or you can pay a bit more for a kit to make the window removable. I, myself will look into some of the "hot rod" power window kits (a la www.autoloc.com and others) to make mine motorized. The kit won't be some high priced gig and most likely only cover costs of parts and bagging. Bruce is pretty much a regular around here and isn't trying to screw anyone over; however he does have a business to run.

Bottom line: around $600. The $100 deposit will of course go towards that.

Bruce is looking at starting two projects currently - The notchback being one of them. If he goes with the other, it may be quite some time before we see this again. Not to mention Shannon MIGHT just want her notchback back so she can prep for shows coming up.

Give Bruce a call at 1-864-855-2694 and support the effort.

In effect you are "pledging" $100, but using a credit card to "hold" the money. When he starts the actual fiberglassing of this run, he'll charge your card the $100. Once your individual notch is done and about to be shipped you will owe the rest of the final price.
Example: If the final price is $623, you'll owe $523, since he'll already have gotten the $100 from your card at the inception of the project.

Yes, the glass is included, but it's "fixed" meaning it won't be removable. For a couple of bucks more he's going to offer a kit to make it a removable window.

And no, the notchback is spoilerless, so you'll have to provide your own!"
Again, if you're interested, take a look at the other thread and make a phone call. The odds of this being done again in the future are pretty slim if this chance passes us by; and we only have three people "putting up" right now. Shannon needs her original back pretty soon in order to prep it for her car to start the show season. I'm going to try to get this as a sticky for a while in the hopes that more members will see it that way.

If you're going to pop in here JUST to mention that you hate the way the notchback looks, don't bother. I'm not asking for opinions on how it looks - I'm just looking to spread the word for people that might be looking to get one. I don't want this thread to spread into a flame-fest like most "opinion driven" threads seem to everywhere else, so let's please just stick to the point of the thread - to spread the word that this is available.

Thanks very much,
Steve
Old 06-16-2003, 01:21 AM

Thats a damn good idea, there arnt a whole lot of them left out of the very few that were actually made.