Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Stupid Blackouts!

Old 05-17-2003, 01:45 AM

Unhappy Stupid Blackouts!

Anyone ever think or comeup with a way to enable the headlight blackouts on a 93-97 Camaro to stay in place, but be able to take them off at night? Here in the armpit of the nation, Ohio, headlight blackouts are illegal to have on at night if the headlights don't shine through enough.
I like the way they look, but hate the velcro crap that works for one week then next thing you know you are retracing your steps trying to findout where the hell one fell off at. I was even considering dremeling slides on the sides of the headlights, but too many curves and It wont work. Any ideas?
Old 05-17-2003, 02:37 AM

Re: Stupid Blackouts!

Originally posted by BlackNight6
Anyone ever think or comeup with a way to enable the headlight blackouts on a 93-97 Camaro to stay in place, but be able to take them off at night? Here in the armpit of the nation, Ohio, headlight blackouts are illegal to have on at night if the headlights don't shine through enough.
I like the way they look, but hate the velcro crap that works for one week then next thing you know you are retracing your steps trying to findout where the hell one fell off at. I was even considering dremeling slides on the sides of the headlights, but too many curves and It wont work. Any ideas?
yeah dont buy smoke ones, more guys are buying the clear lens, or the pro beam because of that very problem, what i did when i had my smokes on is upgraded my fogs lights, have 2 in each slot, so i have a total of 4 fogs ligts now, they look great, and plenty of light. BTW im selling my fog light setup if you want to make a deal let me know
Old 05-17-2003, 11:16 PM

Im interested...what color though? Id like to go with off road use only bright *** yellow. The kind people cant stand you driving behind them.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:27 PM

Originally posted by BlackNight6
Im interested...what color though? Id like to go with off road use only bright *** yellow. The kind people cant stand you driving behind them.
the lens is blue, so its a intence blueish white color looks kool, and there 85 watts each, i paid just for the lights 200 bucks, ill sell them to you for 100 bucks shipped, my email is chasmanz28@comcast.net we can chat there if you want them